Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 12, 2019 07:26AM
The top 5 tractors were all different powertrains and none were Hemi's. It is a nice change from the by and large cookie cutter mod classes we have here. The Allisons would have had them covered except right when they stopped the front tire stepped on the white line.

[www.youtube.com]

Your thoughts?

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 12, 2019 01:52PM
I would trade all of our Mod classes to have that kind of variety here in the USA. There's a little of everything in Europe and there are even some other combinations in that class that weren't at that event.

If Gators and Green Monster V would have made straight passes it would have been pretty interesting to see the final outcome.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 13, 2019 12:41AM
The military engines were all used in Europe and left there, so I understand why we may not get the variety of those. But with the younger generation modifying all matter of motorcycle, automotive, and agricultural engines, there simply isn't any reason why our modified classes should be limited to turbines and hemis. It's boring. It's not what the modifieds were supposed to be.

The one that will blow your mind is that "Team Gators." The engineering is incredible. Here's a rundown of the engines and what they had to do with their own hands to get it to run:

[www.teamgators.dk]

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 13, 2019 02:32AM
Here's a super picture of the tractor

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 15, 2019 08:16AM
The Allisons used in Europe came from America, there were basically none left in Europe.

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 16, 2019 06:21AM
Jake Morgan
I would trade all of our Mod classes to have that kind of variety here in the USA. There's a little of everything in Europe and there are even some other combinations in that class that weren't at that event.

If Gators and Green Monster V would have made straight passes it would have been pretty interesting to see the final outcome.

My thoughts exactly Jake!.....Hot

Dan Dunham

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 16, 2019 02:55PM
Jake,
I suppose I'm pretty disappointed that you would feel this way about a class that puts a lot of effort and funds into their pulling. Almost every class that we see in pulling in the US is so called cookie cutter. Different paint different body's in some cases but pretty much the same. At least in the RN Mod classes we have Hemis,Chevys, Allisons and Turbines of several differnt configurations. That seems to me to be more variation than most any class out there these days in US pulling.

Do they have a great mod class in Europe, sure they do but I'm not sure that they have the constancy of passes that we have here. Would it be great to see some of those European setups over here sure but how would you go about convincing someone to spend a LOT of money on an unproven combination that they have no idea if it will compete? Those of us that run Hemi's are always put down for running them but they are proven,reliable,and easy to get parts for and you know that they will be competitive. The other big difference that I see in the teams over seas is that they have big teams that donate their skills and time to make one off parts, over here that just doesn't happen.

S'no Farmer

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 23, 2019 09:43AM
"Would it be great to see some of those European setups over here sure but how would you go about convincing someone to spend a LOT of money on an unproven combination that they have no idea if it will compete?"
If you replace "money" with "work" - That's the whole point of doing it - figuring out if it is competitive and whether you can do it with your abilities and not money.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 24, 2019 02:39AM
Sasha,
How long do you suppose people are going to drive 4 to 8 hours one way only to have their tractor choke out at 150' then go home make a few tweaks do it again and again and again? Not many people have the patience for that even if they have the time, I know I dont. When I started pulling again after my kids got big enough I wanted to pull a Lt SS but at the same time I knew I didn't have the knowledge nor the patience to make that work. I love that there are people that do but I knew I couldn't.

I went with a class that I knew I could get good guidance and easy to find parts. Is that the easy route, maybe but I at least knew my limitations. Money yeah it takes a lot of it but I'm not going to be a Ken Veney and figure out how to build a better head or an SSI and build a blower. Most people that want to compete at the upper levels of this motorsports in the US are to busy running businesses to spend a lot of time reinventing a pulling tractor.

The pullers that are running different stuff are in an uphill battle here from the stand point of the rules. Don Deane has been trying for years to get an opportunity to run bigger turbines to no avail until this fall he finally got more power but not a lot. Same with the Allisons,they finally got some rules to allow more HP at the RN level for this summer. To little to late, maybe. There are some guys on the east coast that run a radial engined tractor that runs pretty strong that have been trying for several years to get the rules changed to allow them to run the NTPA RN. We as a committee have given the thumbs up but the powers that be have not for whatever reason.

S'no Farmer

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 25, 2019 06:46AM
I fully understand your point - as I am more or less walking in the same shoes. However, it's not like most of those guys who run different stuff constantly "struggle" and when you look at the cost side of things - many of them have built a tractor for what you have paid for one engine and would be damn close on your back...
The other thing is, the crowd cheers for anything "not bought" (and sponsors often take notice and the stands are packed) so in the grand scheme of things it's not "as bad" running off the beaten tracks.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 25, 2019 01:13PM
Never said it was a bad thing only that I don't see it happening on this side of the big pond for whatever reason.

S'no Farmer

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 25, 2019 07:29PM
I wonder if its "mindset" - like in different motivation to do it.
Many people here do it, because they like building things and not so much about "going out and win".
I just have a friend and puller over from Australia and he already said he is sensing a different attitude here than in Down Under, too.

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 15, 2019 09:15AM
What engine does hot art have ?

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 15, 2019 06:26PM
Hot Art are using continental engine sorry if I didn't spell it right

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 15, 2019 06:41PM
Here's a couple pictures more of the homemade piston and the tractor.do there ever come European tractor to the state for show pulling? We have had a coupletractor from the stats in

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 16, 2019 04:17AM
The Dingerink (spelling? ) bobcat team runs for usa points every year but i think they use hemis.

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 23, 2019 10:04AM
this was an even better turn out and competition - a week later:
[youtu.be]

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 24, 2019 06:14AM
this was an even better turn out and competition - a week later

Re: Hassmoor 2019 Light Modified June 25, 2019 07:40AM
Gert Andersen
this was an even better turn out and competition - a week later 1 place in Hjallerup dk

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,598, Posts: 229,641, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,873.

Our newest member JD_8520