NTPA web site August 04, 2019 11:54AM
In the pulling world the NTPA site is far and away the best. It's easy to navigate and the live results are easy to follow. And for the events that are not covered live they do a great job of getting the results posted in a timely manner.I also like their attention to keeping the fans updated on the points races in every class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: NTPA web site August 04, 2019 12:26PM
If it’s so easy to navigate can you tell me how to read the rules for the organization? Or is it not on there because it’s the only organization that makes you pay for the rules since they’re so top secret?

Re: NTPA web site August 04, 2019 01:07PM
very true:-)
PPL and NTPA both have pros and cons
PPL offers a free rule book
Ntpa charges $6

Re: NTPA web site August 04, 2019 02:31PM
If you’re considering running a tractor in the NTPA in the grand scheme of things what is $6 ...

Re: NTPA web site August 05, 2019 02:33AM
Because heaven forbid you ever need to look something up and you do not have the book handy. Can't just pull it up on your phone quick like every other pulling organization's website in the country.. The hard copy is nice, but so is having access to it digitally.

NTPA does have a very nice site, their live results are nice, but it would be even better if they showed the pulling line up so you can see who is all signed up for each class.. Beer

We added that to our new site this year, and the fans/drivers love it, so does the line up man, so they're not constantly bugged by drivers asking when they're up.

---

Re: NTPA web site August 05, 2019 02:47AM
NTPA does post their lineups. If you go under the Tech tab you can find Lineups at the bottom of the drop down.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: NTPA web site August 04, 2019 02:20PM
Everything about NTPA is great

Re: NTPA web site August 05, 2019 09:38AM
Red River
Everything about NTPA is great

Payout......….?............Eye Rolling

Re: NTPA web site August 05, 2019 10:36AM
Ottpa app is instant results and standing are up to date after each event ,yea it cost 6.99 but that is some time fee. By far the best in the of any organization

Re: NTPA web site August 06, 2019 01:26AM
Some notes on Rule Books

NTPA is a membership association and the rulebook is FREE to it's members. Non members or fans can purchase the book for a reasonable charge.

The rulebook size is so the book can fit in the backpocket of a tech official.

When I covered NASCAR Winston Cup I tried for FIVE YEARS to get a copy of the rule book. Only available for licensed members AND the cost was $100.

Just a reminder to OTHER clubs/sanctioning bodies/promoter group, that any reference to NTPA rules in your book is expressly prohibited UNLESS the sanctioning body/club has received written permission to use the rules of NTPA. Any reference to NTPA doesn't provide any "protection" or endorsement from THE sanctioning body.

My own view, as a guy who typed the entire NTPA rulebook several times, is it makes it too easy for others to copy. If you gonna use the rules at least take out NTPA and use your own sanctioning body name.

The rule book will probably get a good workout this year at Bowling Green in just a few days.

Re: NTPA web site August 06, 2019 02:59AM
I get that it sucks when other groups copy rules and you are absolutely correct on anyone doing so removing NTPA references. As a puller though, if the organization I typically run with has an open date and I'm thinking about hooking with another organization as a one time hook, I don't always plan ahead enough to order a book thru snail mail. If I can't go to their website and quickly get the rules to verify that I meet all of them, I'm probably not going to bother pulling with that organization.

NASCAR doesn't pick up one time racers and it's definitely a good ol boys club with about 20 members. I don't think NTPA can afford to follow that model.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,615, Posts: 229,671, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520