BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 02:18AM
Just an opinion on BG overall this season.

Very pleased and happy with a great weekend of pulling action. Weather stayed away, for the most part, and allowed for all sessions to be completed. Breakage seemed to be fairly limited this year, pro depending on who you ask on that. Yes, the first night of LSS had a rough go but everyone had to compete with the same circumstances, but I thought the Ironman crew did another great job. Blue shirts did what they always do, keep the place clean, moving along and in order (take note other venues). Announcing was pretty good, some hit or miss information missteps but that’s a hard job to do when there’s 40+ PS and 40+ minis going down the track plus trying to fit in awards/interviews. But obviously, it was the weekend owned by Larry Koester. And how could anyone deny that his presence was felt all week at BG. A great tribute Thursday to begin the weekend with an outstanding Make A Wish auction to put a bid on it. I believe the best in pulling was on display this past weekend. How many pullers returned their checks in Larry’s honor? Such a blessing to be part of a pulling community that takes care of each other during the pinnacle moment of their sport. Great job everyone, including the fans. They were just as great in their contributions in their applause, their donations to Make A Wish and their overall presence.

Great weekend all, in my opinion.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 02:45AM
I agree that it was an excellent pull. My only complaint is the changing of the full pull rules again. There is a lot of confusion past 330' for the flagman and the fans. Set it per the rules and set the sled accordingly.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 08:46AM
Amen to that the ntpa can never follow rules through the whole year the rule book says that everyone pass 330 comes back for a pull off but of course we can’t stick to the rules.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 09:22AM
agreed bg great place be as usual. bg issue as fan, puller, flagman etc is the out blue change pull off distance. not clearly marked to help puller or flagman. hard on these high dollar machines these pullers have. plus ad safety aspect to this a 350 ft or farther distance that Not fan ,puller or flagman asked for is getting pullers and equipment closer to wall/barrel barriers. just setting up 4 bad incident. luckily nothing bad happened this yr. just vehicles not able with stand harsh abuse of a 350 ft plus track. hopefully go back old distances for next yr. fans pullers and others be happier and safer in long run.

Re: Doc Riley said it best August 19, 2019 10:15AM
Agree with Doc when he said it was so much simpler when it was 300 feet.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 11:56AM
At the drivers meeting Thursday afternoon before the first session Larry Richwine commented that he didnt want any pulloffs, and if I remember correctly they were shooting for 330ft with either 350 or 360 as the pulloff mark. With the number of hooks they had and potential for weather to affect the show, you run 'em...you monitor and adjust. I dont know if that applied to the first session only as I didnt attend any other drivers meetings. If there is a facility that can absorb a 370ft run, it is BG.

The Saturday night crowd had to be their largest ever. I thought it was a good show overall with stable numbers in all of the classes save for LSS.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 01:26PM
Didn’t figure this thread was going to turn into the 330’ FP mark discussion was kinda looking for remarks about the weekend in general. Such is the norm, even when there’s a good weekend of pulling action, that’s what sticks in your mind? The 330’ rule/non-rule? Eye Rolling

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 03:45PM
If its so hard on equipment, why do most guys drop the first hook and come back around?

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 21, 2019 08:34AM
The ones that don't think pulloffs are necessary clearly didn't witness Ken Veneys run in the pulloff a few years back! The crowd went crazy with excitement! I have not seen the crowd act like that before or since! Those thousands of fans that were on their feet cheering and screaming that night are CUSTOMERS or as Bill Bader Jr. Would call them " our guests"!! If you don't know who Bill Bader is or the "bader guarantee" I highly suggest you do a little research. The man is a wizard at putting "guests" in the seats and keeping them happy! With that being said, when fans are excited,cheering and screaming that means their happy. When fans are happy they tell others about the excitement from there it snowballs. Excited fans bring new fans to the event next year and the cycle keeps going! Pulloffs build excitement and enthusiasm and in Turn makes the promoters, sponsors, competitors and organizations happy because the customer is happy! Not one single fan I know of in this sport has ever asked a competitor to run their equipment on the edge! Not one single fan has ever screamed they wanted more performance from pulling vehicles! Not one single fan enjoys seeing massive breakage of any kind on any vehicle or competitor! The fault and blame rest solely on the competitors themselves for running their equipment on the edge! This sport exists by one thing only and that is the FANS (customers). No competitor or organization should ever think they are bigger than their customers and if they do your customers will leave you and you're out of business! Make America great again, bring back 300' and PULL THEM OFF!

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 21, 2019 01:02PM
That was some good stuff

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 02:10PM
I agree. The first night of LSS was the worst class I've seen in a long time. The track was hard and dry and it was just an awful showing for that class.

The rest of the weekend had great sled settings. The reset after 9 Pro Stocks was unfortunate but it was the right call to make. There were just too many in the class to gamble with those distances. I agree that if the rule is 330' then they should set the sled for 300-320 and hopefully only a monster pass gets to 330'. The only class where that doesn't really work is DSS. If they set the sled for the top guys to run 320 then the majority of the class will be well off the pace and some guys will be back at the 180' mark. I'm fine with letting them pulloff the top few in that class.

On a side note: I had heard that Triple Bypass was going to hook in the Open Super until they had some breakage. After watching both classes I'm convinced they'd have finished no worse than 3rd on the Open Super.

Overall I thought it was a really good show this year, and as Bryan said, the Saturday Night crowd was huge.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 19, 2019 02:25PM
I thought that this years show was excellent. The tribute to Larry was well done and very well deserved. All the speakers seem to capture who Larry was and his importance to not only to pulling, but also to the Make-A-Wish foundation, truly well deserved. I have to agree with most of the people that have posted that with this number of entrants in each class pull-offs have to be limited. I was a little disappointed in the numbers in the LSS class, I was hoping for a better showing and better support from pullers. Their decision to stay home only hurts their own class. The Unlimited Modified class was excellent and the pull-off was exciting. it was an interesting pull with the number of PPL pullers, we had the "best of the best" in several classes. On a couple side notes I think that the screw blowers in the Light Unlimited class is a huge mistake, those blowers need to be used only in the Unlimited Modified class. On another side note I think that there are are too many announcers, with five being the perfect number, I don't want to get into who should go but I do believe the Dan, Doc and Miles are the most knowledgeable announcers in the sport today, their timing, they're interviewing skills and overall knowledge of the sport needs to be highlighted during the show. For me it was an interesting year, there was some familiar faces and the winner's circle and there was some new pullers that made the circle for the first time. I was impressed that most, if not all pullers decided to donate their winnings to the Make-A-Wish foundation. The flyover by our US military I believe is a wonderful tribute to the men and women that protect us day and night, 24/7. And the response when the pilots came down on the track is so impressive that words don't describe the gratitude that the crowd feels for their contribution to protection of our country, Thank you.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2019 02:47PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 02:20AM
300 ft is the standard stick to it if you build a one pass tractor your fooling yourself in the long run . the fan's want to see the pull off its king of the mountain with tractors. Next time your sitting in the stands ask a stranger what they want to see. remember ultimately this is still a show for them. BG Is a special place probably the best pull of the year and I would never degrade that

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 06:52AM
I'm not a member of NTPA and can't speak for them or their pullers. All the pullers I run with have the same feeling about pulloffs as I do. Our motors have a finite amount of
runs in them. If you want us to run twice, plan the classes for cool down time and pay us twice. Why should we be expected to make 2 passes for the same money as we are being paid for one now? I've been in a few top 3 pulloffs over the years where we were allowed to cool off and we split an additional pot.The fans and the pullers were both happy. Just my thoughts.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 07:30AM
Hello , a pull off is part of the show and has been since the start, paid twice ???? Your nuts your still competing for the same win -it's all part of the gamble you take when you decided to build your tractor you should of thought I might get in a pull off - as a fan and a puller the best part of a show is a pull off - if you can't do a pull off don't- but don't expect to be a winner
You should be complaining about the distance to the full pull, floating Finnish running off the end of the track into loose dirt past the stands where the fans sit doesn't seem like a wise choice to me , for the love of pulling stop the float off thanks

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 07:48AM
There is two ways to look at it
As a puller we do it because we love the rush of pulling so getting to pull twice can be a good thing especially if you can get cooled down quickly but I’m pulling a low dollar tractor now if I was running a grand national level puller I would hope to not have to be in a pulloff do to the cost of maintenance per pass but that’s just my opinion

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 07:59AM
If the skids were set tighter and a bounty was set by the promoters for reaching 300 feet, I think we could have the best of both worlds. Those that broke 300 would get an extra $50-100. The fans get to see pulloffs and the competitors get an extra incentive to pull twice.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 08:44AM
Sorry to keep the thread derail going. First I will offer my thoughts on BG. I thought it was great show and overall a great experience. Not much I could complain about. I even had a good parking spot for the rig with a reasonable amount of room. Not perfect but very good.

In terms of the pull off in our class (SSDFWD) we would rather run once at 350 then twice at 300. We can't really even get our trucks going until halfway or more to 300. I know that's not the case with other classes so, I am a bit biased. I also know I don't have the HP to compete with other trucks at 350 but somewhere in the 315-325 range I can. I think a 330 track is a good show for all classes, can probably limit pull-offs and limit damage to guys like the SSD tractors that are set on kill and can put the power to the ground. Pull-offs are expensive and stressful to competitors especially in places like BG when you have to fight to get back to the pulling area plus refuel, re-ice, re-water, download data, and get your motor cooled off. If there are pull offs I like what some other orgs do which is pay an extra $50-$100 if you have to pull off.

In terms of BG when there's 70-86 vehicles going down each track and the show is 5 hours long limiting pull-offs just make sense.

Having said all that my heart goes out to those SSD that had some pretty significant damage......

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 12:22PM
Some of you guys really are living in the past on this whole pulloff is mandatory thing. Good grief.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 10:41AM
Wake up
Hello , a pull off is part of the show and has been since the start, paid twice ???? Your nuts your still competing for the same win -it's all part of the gamble you take when you decided to build your tractor you should of thought I might get in a pull off - as a fan and a puller the best part of a show is a pull off - if you can't do a pull off don't- but don't expect to be a winner
You should be complaining about the distance to the full pull, floating Finnish running off the end of the track into loose dirt past the stands where the fans sit doesn't seem like a wise choice to me , for the love of pulling stop the float off thanks

You can have your parts breaking time consuming pull offs but I as both a fan and a state level puller dont want them...I can only afford to make so many passes per year...Most associations in my area haven't had pull offs in many years and we are doing just fine....Most of the time the winning distance is under 330 ft but sometimes its 340 ft..Everyone is hollering about the lack of DSS tractors because they are always broke..Why do you think they all break?

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 12:56PM
I can tell you why they are parts being broke all the time and know one can't make pull offs is your class rules .iM with the guys and fans who want to see pull offs that's were the excitement of a tractor puling is or was at one time but sucks now the fans want to see pull offs dream all you guys want pulling is on its way out unless something is done or to better put it your high dollar classes are

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 10:47AM
Wake up

Richard Warren is 100% correct. Pulloffs are not necessary.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 03:03PM
I may be nuts but at least they're big enough to put my name on my post. I evidently pull on better tracks than you. I've never ran off the track into loose dirt. According to my computer, 330' floating finishes take 1 or 2 less seconds to run than a heavier set 300' run. We have enough breakage in our class now without doing pulloffs. Again, that's just my thoughts. Richard Warren

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 20, 2019 10:46AM
Simon's were test hook, sled was reweighted, they came right back and pulled again in Light Unlimited. No breakage. Banters, Brockman, Engler, Hutcherson, and others used to do it! That's how the sport was built, at least at the GN level. Look at the Unlimited pulloff Sat night with Purser and Boyd specifically, was totally opposite of what happened first pass. Purser laid down 2 real good ones, Boys wasn't able to. Good show, Purser deserved to win!

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 12:09AM
Thinking more about it now, and after reading another thread, this 350’ deal may not be a bad thing. I’d think if gives the track crew and sled operators better opportunity to not have to reset the sled. Thus, restarting the class making a few return for a second hook. But to be honest, I’m not sure that’s been the case most times. If I’m looking at Wellington’s distance correctly, looked like they had a 350’ FP mark

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 05:47AM
I feel the tract wasn't prepared good to use the 350 rule.i sit on the south side,it was clear the moisture was not close to consistent (left to right) past 320,the color of the dirt showed this.if there is even a remote chance of having to use the 350 rule then all distances count past 320.at this event shouldn't the white chalk lines have been extended to the 350 mark,and a cone set there to establish this ??,it looked like bonetwister would have made 350 easily,but stopped just shy,i know his fault.if a 350 track could be used(and no one knows till the first 350 hook is made) shouldn't the track be kept in tip top shape at all times out to 360 ??.in closing there needs to be a definite END to the track length,with a cone on each side and a chalk line a few ft long on each side,anything past that theres a pulloff…...

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 27, 2019 06:20AM
Hi Jake. Are you planning on posting pictures from BG?

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 12:37AM
No way that it should have taken nine tractors to see that there needed to be a reset....as for pulloffs you think that just because you paid 20 bucks to watch a show that you deserve to see a pulloff?? Don't run them on kill?? This is GN pulling there is already way too much money being spent with not nearly enough payout to be making multiple passes to win $1500.00. If you want to see pulloffs, go watch your local farm stocks or antiques run,pulloffs have no place in a GN level show, some classes don't have enough tractors as it is, and every pulloff means that someone probably won't make the next hook or even the rest of the season! A pull like BG should be paying 10k to win the big classes, but obviously the guys that win don't even need the money because they end up donating it back anyway.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 06:02AM
Soon this will be a mute subject the big GN classes hardly have enough equipment to put on a decent show now. look around at the competition rite now notice the ages we're not getting younger . Unless this balls out gun ho attitude about rules an regulations is gotten under control and revised all the big classes will become exstinted I love big supers probably more than anybody but there's a reason why the more limited classes are gaining popularity $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ remember this is still a show for the fans not you

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 08:28AM
Fuzz
Soon this will be a mute subject the big GN classes hardly have enough equipment to put on a decent show now. look around at the competition rite now notice the ages we're not getting younger . Unless this balls out gun ho attitude about rules an regulations is gotten under control and revised all the big classes will become exstinted I love big supers probably more than anybody but there's a reason why the more limited classes are gaining popularity $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ remember this is still a show for the fans not you

That is where a lot off controversy comes from.
The pullers are there to compete, not put on a show, they are not entertainers.
Expecting the pullers to pay $300,000 $400,000 a year to entertain strangers is a little bit of a stretch.

The promoters are trying to put on a show for the spectators.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 25, 2019 06:33AM
Your wrong pullers job one is to entertain Westerns entertain me soap operas don't and i don't watch them and i also don't pay dish network more money to buy additional soap opera channels.Just as it cost pullers a lot of money to compete it also cost the fans a night out with a family of 3 or4 ain't cheap gas tickets food and lodging they must be entertained so they will buy tickets or the cry baby party is over unless you want to pull in old Freds corn field back behind the barn on Sunday afternoons

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 25, 2019 09:32AM
Hi,
Amen, brother!
I also believe (and have for decades) that the sanctioning body is about the competition and the promoters take care of the "show".
I cringe every time I hear "it's all about the fans"...

Later . . . . . . .

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 11:20AM
Go back to pulling and not drag racing problem solved . I would rather watch farm stock that (pulls all the way down track) than these racing tractors .JMO.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 11:25AM
That's why the crowds are so huge at antique and farm stock pulling and no one goes to bowling green.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 24, 2019 11:17PM
That’s true AND funny! While most of the die hard pulling fans could watch a Farm stock pull, no one is counting the days until the next one

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 25, 2019 01:33AM
Matt D
That's why the crowds are so huge at antique and farm stock pulling and no one goes to bowling green.

Bowling green is undoubtly the best and biggest pull in the world. The blueshirts are second to none when it comes when it comes to putting on a event of that size! That being said, BG started out as a tractor pull and for many decades it remained as such but now its turned into a event with a tractor pull! The pull itself as almost become a secondary sideline! The whole BG experience is based on people having a good time and letting their hair down. Take a walk thru the campground and take a peek at people partying, bbqing and socializing. The 3rd weekend in august is a time and place where friends from all over the country come together for 3days to have a good time and enjoy each others company. Relationships with like minded people have become the reason why BG has become what it is! Short of being a complete idiot law enforcement turns a blind eye to the partying and lets the fans party like rockstars. I for one am not a big partier but i get as much enjoyment talking to friends and socializing than i do watching the pull itself! I have a very good friend ( that was a well known puller) come up with the idea to get a camping spot and livestream the pull at the campsite. That may sound strange to some but its not a far-fetched idea in my eyes. The Northwest ohio tractor pullers, the Bowling Green community and the Bowling Green businesses have seen the shift from it being a tractor pull to it becoming a giant party and they're smart enough to capitalize on it! Bowling green is bigger than a tractor pull now, its a EVENT the place to be the 3rd weekend of every august and i personally would like thank the people of Bowling green ohio for giving us fans the opportunity to seize the bowling green experience!

Andy Girbach

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 26, 2019 03:01AM
Anyone who doesn't understand the concept of people (fans) buying the tickets to watch a pull so the promoter can pay the pullers is a dam fool. The aragence of some people is utterly amazing. Tractor pulling is not all about you and your little tractor. For the promoter this is a business weather it's a fair or a privately run event. No asses in the seats means no pull drop the attitude or eventually the promoters will drop all of us.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 26, 2019 04:31AM
Attitude?
The pullers are not paid entertainers!!
They pull because they love to pull.
Entertainers get paid.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 26, 2019 04:59AM
We can be replaced by a demo derby or a concert or something different don't think it can't happen because it already has some places. All I'm saying is if you have no place to pull. it's not cool when your home in the driveway. we need to be more open to fans and listen .and not so concerned about beating the hell out of your competition at all cost.

Re: BG from afar (thoughts from the webcast) August 26, 2019 03:55PM
My experience was from afar via the live broadcast. I was able to watch on a big screen tv at home. These are thoughts about what I liked and didn't like for the production.

The only real blunder with camera work was Thursday night, the Director was asleep at the wheel. They showed Simon's yellow t-bucket start and pull up to the sled while Forrester made his winning pass on the other track. They did show a replay, but that is unacceptable in a live broadcast. Other than that, I can't recall anything they missed that was their fault (see two paragraphs down for issues with how NTPA track officials impact the viewer at home).

The other annoying issue was the sound (or lack thereof). Too many times to count, there was silence and then when a run would begin, they would have sound.... about 5 seconds in. I'm not sure what type of sound equipment they are using, if they feel they need to constantly adjust the dials or what the issue was, but it would be an improved aural experience if they would get equipment that can handle all the sound (if that's what the issue was) and once the levels are set, leave it alone.

This was mentioned in another thread and is NTPA's issue, but having 2 vehicles go down the track at the same time should be an absolute no-no. Jake pointed out safety reasons and show pacing reasons, but for the viewer at home, only one track gets shown when two are drag racing. (HINT- I wish someone with NTPA would propose this as a rule for 2020 going forward, ie- only one vehicle can pull at one time. Jake's idea with the laser only giving one green is great).

Back to the broadcast- On the south track, they had a camera mounted on the sled and showed a number of live runs. I do not like this view at all for this reason: The whole reason I pay to watch the broadcast is because I cannot be there in the stands. The best view from the stands for most people is from an elevated position (which is why stands have steps and rows), and from the side. The view the spectator has from the stands allows him/her to see the entire run and just as importantly have a real feel for the ground speed and relation to the distance markers and leader flag.

The view from behind the sled negates that. I'm not saying there is not a place for that view, for example the sled backing or other brief shots, but to provide the closest experience to the spectator, personally I'd prefer to be able to view the run from the side from an elevated position, just as a live spectator would.

One other point I wish at least the BG (and Tomah) promoters would do: I would advise anyone with the production team, Bowling Green, or NTPA reading this to go to Youtube, type in "ekauff" and look for his videos from Tomah (type Tomah 1990). These are primitive and shot from the stands, but this is (to me) the perfect viewing angle because it shows the entire run, shows the speed and finish. It's like I was there on site. I wish at BG and Tomah, they could construct a camera platform to give a great shot like a fan in the stands would see.

There is a reason why, with multiple camera angles, the primary racing shots for both NASCAR and NHRA are from an elevated position. Ditto for football, baseball, basketball, golf, and soccer. It's easy to have a full view of the action from above. The reason why I like ekauff's videos, even with only one camera, is he usually sits near the finish line and from as high as he can get, and despite technical limitations, you feel like you see the entire pull. As a paying fan, this is what I want more of. Not saying multiple cameras aren't a good idea, just that showing from a camera platform built atop the grandstands would be wonderful. If there could be one build around the 300-330 mark on both north and south grandstands, so much the better.

In the past I've had some buffering, but this year was the best it's been in that regard with very, very little, so that is a positive. Overall, I enjoyed the event. Going forward, if venues could have elevated camera platforms in the same what that every circle track and NHRA dragstrip does (and any stadium or arena), that would enhance the viewing experience for this person.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 08/26/2019 04:04PM by The Original Michael.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 27, 2019 01:24AM
Perfect scenario for a pulloff. Any class resulting in a pull off comes back at end of the show and all pulloffs are ran then Time to cool down and spectators are anticipating the out come With that in place possibly the sled operators will put extra effort into stopping competitors earlier because they dont have to reweight the sled as often. Or in a big show like BG, pull offs on Sunday.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 27, 2019 02:14AM
pull offs
Or in a big show like BG, pull offs on Sunday.

I realize there are different opinions on a Sunday session, but I liked the Finals concept in 2016. Except, without the Legends tractors, I would make it top 8 or 10, with a caveat that class winners are automatically in regardless of points.

In 2016, Josh Blackbourn went oob in hook 1 and won hook 2 but didn't make finals. For big classes like Pro Stock, TWD, or Mini, a guy could win one class and hit the chalk in the second hook, which is why a winner would automatically advance to Finals.

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 27, 2019 03:45AM
I, for one did not like the Sunday for several reasons. The first is that the largest crowds are far and away the Saturday evening show. The Saturday evening session has more drama and excitement than any Sunday session . Two, is most pullers, campers and fans want to be on the road for their Monday morning work And three that this being an NTPA event how do you have finals when you have points being awarded in every class.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: BG Overall Thoughts August 27, 2019 06:37AM
Dick Morgan
I, for one did not like the Sunday for several reasons. The first is that the largest crowds are far and away the Saturday evening show. The Saturday evening session has more drama and excitement than any Sunday session . Two, is most pullers, campers and fans want to be on the road for their Monday morning work And three that this being an NTPA event how do you have finals when you have points being awarded in every class.

At most NHRA races, the Saturday qualifying crowd is larger than the Sunday race crowd. Each session has it's own drama. Some of my favorite BG memories of the past decade were LD Nation winning unlimiteds with 3 passes and the LSS class with a 5-way pulloff on Sunday afternoon. Pullers would need to stay if they want to compete but fans and campers have a choice to stay for a Sunday (or not).

Regarding points with a Finals, I don't believe points were awarded in 2016 (just money). With more Finals qualifiers than the 5 they took in 2016, points could be awarded and have been. In the 90s at Tomah they ran unlimiteds and 7/9 Supers Friday and Saturday and took the top 12 for Sunday night. I believe points were awarded for Finals but am not sure if they awarded a lower amount.

I see both sides of running on Sunday. I liked the Sunday sessions but understand where the other side is coming from.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,580, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,841.

Our newest member BadHabit2