Best Tire Cut and Why August 24, 2019 11:45AM
Alright guys...In the market for a new set of tires for the V8 Hot Rod tractor.

The title says it...What is the best cut you can go with for a 20 mph ground speed machine. Variety of track surfaces etc.

So best cut and brand if there’s a preference.

I have my own thoughts but I always try to learn from other people if I can as well...

Thanks,

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:23AM
t.u.i,legacy brand

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 05:35AM
Why?

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 11:33AM
And I feel dumb asking but what is a t.u.i Cut?

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:02PM
I'm guessing Traction Unlimited in Illinois.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:21PM
Oh thank you.

Those look like a Double Cut. My concern is that I run into a lot of junky, loose tracks. It’s about 50/50 good and bad tracks. I know double cuts do well on hard clay tracks but it’s my understanding that they don’t do well on loose track...

Thoughts...

Considering a single V cut but not sure if that’s the right move or not.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:37PM
If you call Lincoln an tell him what your running an what type of track you'll be running on, he will discuss with u what he recommends an cut the tires according to whatever you want, he's very knowledgeable an been around pulling all his life, great guy to work with, highly recommend him !!!

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:47PM
Ok thanks. Anyone ever seen the “offset V” Cut. Looks like a double Cut to me but the tread points don’t line up. Every other point lines up...

So many choices... Haha

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 12:05PM
T.u.i.= Traction Unlimited, Inc.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 01:08PM
Just call Mark Hawthorne and you will never look back anywhere else. He will steer you in the right direction the first time. In my opinion the best cutters in the business. He's not a tire manufacturer so he doesn't try to sell you something just because that's what he manufactures. He will guide you based on your class that you intend to pull and what cut will serve you best. Good luck in your quest to find the best tires for your application.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 01:17PM
...and, he always answers the phone (and has time to talk). How many pulling parts suppliers you know that do that?

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 01:58PM
Lincoln will answer the phone too, I've called him 30 minutes before ive hooked an told him what track looked like an he told me what he recommended on tire pressure --- an he was right --- it worked , he called me back to ask how it worked out an he's also been known to meet a customer at a pull an advise an help also.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 25, 2019 02:35PM
Well it sounds like I have some phone calls to make. They both sound like great companies that know pulling and know tires. That’s what I need. Don’t wanna do this more than once. Haha

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 27, 2019 04:18AM
We offer a Pro Puller 8 ply 18.4 double cut tire that has been working in your class, ask Mark about it or give me a call for some more information as well. 402-840-0244

Aaron Docter
Pro Puller Tires
402-840-0244
Facebook

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 28, 2019 01:13PM
Our rules are 20.8x38 Ag tire only. Any cut. We have some with 3/4 inch lug single cuts and some with 3/8 inches double cuts. It all depends on the track. Some work better on one not another. It makes for everyone having a chance to win.

Re: Best Tire Cut and Why August 28, 2019 08:03PM
Legacy’s for sale. 6500 for wheels and tires

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,571, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,835.

Our newest member BadHabit2