Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 02:37AM
I have to ask, are any of the discussions that happen on here actually helping? I come onto Pull Off a couple times a week to read what everyone is thinking. I generally do not voice my opinion. This is primarily because I do not have anything in the "big show". However, yes, I am involved in pulling and have been for years. But what I want to know, what are we accomplishing by all of these discussions. Are they helping pulling and is it in a good way. I want to see pulling grow. I have great memories as a kid going to pulls with my dad. I have pictures of my son sitting on everything from 2wd trucks, to mini rods, to super farm tractors. I have been at pulls walking through the pits and have awesome conversations with guys like Steve Boyd, Wayne Sullivan, and Connie Mullinex (just to name a couple). Pulling is GREAT! But there is post after post on here about what is wrong with almost every class in pulling. Or posts about what organizations are doing wrong. And for every post saying a class/organization is failing, doing things wrong, or struggling, there's someone else that says it's good or they are doing things right. I attend around 30 pulls a year doing everything from running my tractor, to helping others, to just watching, to most recently announcing at an event. Like it or not, numbers are down. Watch any event on T.V., numbers are down. Yes, someone is going to jump on here and say that there pull has grown every year for the last 10 years. That's great. Instead of telling us that your pull is successful, let us know what is working and helping it be so successful. As for all of the pulling classes. We can argue back and forth on what needs to be done with every class. Is it going to help or save anything? Are the classes really the problem? Or is it all of us as a hole? Think about this. If you are a puller, have you done everything you could to help your class or organization. I know I haven't. Life gets busy, things come up, and we all make excuses. But think about all of the little things that can be down with minimal effort. Could you be going down the track 10 seconds sooner to help the show? Could you be posting on social media more to help an organization or event? Could you have your machines clean for spectators to see? Do you respect the other classes at events? And I understand that there are some guys that are great with this. Jeff Hothem and Nathan Vegh, in my opinion, are very good at this. Ask yourself this, could you be more professional, or portray a better image. How come guys will spend $4000+ on a turbo, but won't have team shirts. (Please do not start to tell me what you spent on a turbo. I don't care and that is not what this is about.) And now this is where someone jumps on here and says no one cares about team shirts and that it doesn't help or save anything. You are correct, it will not save anything. But it could help and it does portray a more professional image. And that is my point. There is not any 1 thing that is going to fix any and every problem. But I do feel that if we all work on the little things, it could make a huge impact on the sport. This again is just some things to think about. If anyone feels like I am speaking out of place, feel free to delete this post. I love truck and tractor pulling. I want to see it grow. I would just like to see more positive posts on here about things that are working and how guys are trying to improve pulling. Just some thoughts.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 02:59AM
I agree, we all could do more, be more positive, we ought to just be thankful that we get to do this, its a great way to live, thanks for helping me realize how great pulling really is, and i like so many could an should do more to help put a more positive impact on pulling, thanks for the wakeup call.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 03:13AM
Yep, if your having a good day, just get on pulloff an your natural high will be gone momentarily !!!!

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 05:09AM
I couldn’t agree more, but you just gotta accept that pulling is full of whiners, and it always has been. I only use this forum for asking questions/reading about tractors. Not even worth clicking on half the topics. Would be great if there was 2 forum options, one being general talk and the other tech discussion for anyone with questions or wanting to read what others have to say about vehicles or engines. Just my opinion.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 09:32AM
It was so much better before the internet. Sitting in the shop drinking beer and concocting a plan for winning. Now they all buy the same parts and go on the internet and tell everyone. Gotta love the younger generation

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 02:08PM
Pretty hard to disagree with any of that! Easiest thing most pullers can do - and costs ZERO - have your ride ready to hook. We all know our hook order and know who we follow. That’s pretty simple. I’ve helped many a time with loading/unloading the weight box, which saves down time. Social media is probably our biggest problem. We just need to find a person or two that can devote the needed time to get that up and running.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 02:24PM
I think it is soo funny,- bitchers bitching about he bitchers.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 04, 2019 02:38PM
xxx
I think it is soo funny,- bitchers bitching about he bitchers.

I think that its funny too...No one is forcing anyone to come here and read a single topic...I've been on here since this place started and as far as I'm concerned this is the best pulling forum going.....Thanks Morgans....Whats talked about on here is talked about in the pits at almost every tractor pull across the country.....This is the first place I come every morning....I read it all and I sure dont leave here feeling down..

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 05, 2019 02:17AM
What happens on Pulloff, stays on Pulloff! Lol I'm depressed already laughing my back side off! Lol.
Thanks for the Morgans doing what they do. Putting up with the negative ones. Sounds like we have a bunch of people on here being like the sore butts going after President Trump!

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 05, 2019 02:36AM
We should all be able to express opinions and ideas,without predijuce,however many feel like it is only themselves that are entitled,I challenge and support,as it should be.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 05, 2019 12:36PM
Hope know one talks about me in the pits

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 05, 2019 01:11PM
Sure your talked about Lewis, all the Legends are !!!

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 05, 2019 03:21PM
I'm new to this forum and really like it, and am glad the Morgans started it, just wish I'd have found it long ago.
I found out about Pulloff.com through a friend of mine, Lou Shanklin, who pulls the Black Sheep semi in Ohio.
I'm more interested in stock tractor pulling really, and would like to put in a track, (or poss. two), on my farm for that kind of pulling, but see the issues with the kind of pulling we have today and how it has evolved.
I too, would like to see the sport change in certain ways and think the Morgans really do care about the sport by having this forum here for use to speak our minds.

Re: Are all of these discussion helping anything? October 06, 2019 03:27AM
Yes,this is a great place to gleen and gather info,I appreciate the generous gift the "MORGANS" make available,thank you.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520