'Brush' pulling safety ?!? October 12, 2019 12:57PM
In response to the "6030 turbo" thread, I am staring a new topic.

And just what Safety Equipment do these so called Farm Stock tractors with 300 to 1000 horsepower have? And who in these brush pulls stipulate what safety equipment and then check for such, let alone enforce the (so called) rules?

It is a rare occasion when I attend a "Brush" pull, just because of all the safety infractions. I attended one locally at end of pulling season. Farm Stock tractors dubbed "Too HOT To Farm" doing 27 mph. That is NOT Farm Stock!!!! One of the competitos is a friend and he told me what is inside the tractor for safety equipment which I was glad to hear. Hopefully, his competitors all have the same.

Also a so called "8,000# 4x4 Diesel Street Stock Truck" truck launched 3/4 of its driveline U-joint yoke into the spectator crowd. A woman was severly clobbered in the head with it with a resulting spewing gush of blood that did not want to quit. Fortunately, some people on site were apparently trained how to deal with such a situation. And too make matters worse, no ambulance was on site and it took 18 minutes for it to arrive, even though the EMS department is located only 1 mile away.

In the decades I have enjoyed the pulling sport, this is by far the worst spectator accident I have seen. And I hope to never see another one of this severity. I am told that she apparently is recuperating alright.

So this brings up 3 points:
1) Why was there no ambulance on site during the several hour pull? Fire trucks were there for whole pull. Just like the National level sanctioned pulls, a Brush pull needs to have an ambulance on site during the whole pull.
2) Being a 'Brush' pull, who was teching the "Street Stock trucks" that they even fit the (so-called) criteria, if there was any criteria, for the class? Why do these owners of these street smoke belching menace trucks believe they are entitled to pull in a so called stock class without appropriate safety equipment?
3) 17 trucks in the class and obviously only 2 were Stock Street Trucks. Other 15 belched smoke, many of them to no end and did not have a rear license plate. Some of those trucks pulled later in the "2.5 4x4 Diesel Truck" class, which is where they belonged.

These 'Brush' incidents/accidents is what gives pulling bad PR and a black eye. It is long past due time that 'brush' pulls start cleaning up their act.

Re: 'Brush' pulling safety ?!? October 12, 2019 02:01PM
get real,most pulls don't have enough safety stuff,units have thin side shields,many not much at all,some cast flywheels and bad clutches,,speeds are out of control,spectators around the track some so near that an accident is waiting to happen,we can't contain all explosions,so hopefully it happens seldom.safety is not really a priority, even if said to be.

Re: 'Brush' pulling safety ?!? October 14, 2019 07:41AM
Yeah, I agree, many of the 3000 rpm and farm stocks I've seen have really good power. However, most of the really good ones all seem to have roll over protection, scatter blankets, and other safety equipment, air kills and such. I understand that most of them are running steel flywheel and sfi clutches.

Re: 'Brush' pulling safety ?!? October 14, 2019 12:06PM
And right down to the antique puller that’s stock won’t build a set of wheelie bars but has built weight brackets

Re: 'Brush' pulling safety ?!? October 16, 2019 04:18PM
I will help cover the topic about ambulance on site:
In most cases i say the fair board / sanctioning body does not want to pay for one point blank to sit there. I know in my yrs of the emergency service and love of the sport and our local fair board we can come free of charge to the event but must leave if another run comes in and they understand that.
In other cases they dont worry about it till something bad happens in the case mentioned above or don't notify the services that there is an event scheduled so what ever Fire / EMS department could have extra staff for the event reuslting in reason number 1

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2