Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? November 30, 2019 11:30AM
Just curious why there aren’t many V8 tractors in the super farm class.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? November 30, 2019 11:37AM
With the architecture of a v8 it's hard for it to get the torque that a inline 6 will make with that small charger. Put a bigger charger on and move the power band up in a different rpm range and they are competitive. And also not as many brands offered a v8 in a 2wd tractor

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? November 30, 2019 02:12PM
Wouldn't using a slower ratio to achieve the same ground speed slow more rpm,hence the motor would be where the short stroke likes to be..

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? November 30, 2019 11:02PM
One might think so but the 3x3 will not supply the air for more rpms. Tried cams and port sizes... but would be nice to see someone succeed. I just dont see it happening. The sf class is really pushing their limits. When i ran it we were making 1300hp on a sbjd. Pretty safe to say they are well above that now.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? November 30, 2019 11:50PM
Used to be several. We was Eliminated! By the NTPA. Lots of controversy over intake manifold’s headers etc. I do agree it would be difficult for a V-8 configuration to be at the top of his game with a 3 x 3 turbo. However I was one of several that was removed from competition back in 2006

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 01, 2019 01:21AM
I'm surprised to hear that,we have seen a group running a 2255 last summer. If you were outlawed why weren't they? Just curious.

S'no Farmer

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 01, 2019 02:01AM
The rules have changed in the last four years that allow us to run different intakes now so that made it easier for the v8 to be in the class. The v8 where never banned just couldn't keep up with the stock intake manifold restriction.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 01, 2019 03:27AM
Ask Richwine he headed up the meeting at Bowlinggreen in 2006 . They let us pull in 05. All over cat intake manifold.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 02, 2019 02:25PM
Try being truthful!
You were NOT eliminated!!!
At that time, you were not allowed to run any fabricated or aftermarket intakes, or turbo plumbing. OEM only.
You could still run all you wanted.
And, in being honest,,,, the 3208 was at a disadvantage with that rule.
As BBcat3208 said, THAT HAS BEEN CHANGED !!!!!!!!!
So, the question still stands, why no V-8's?
"Seen it" has a good explanation.
The best thing for the V-8 has been the Limited Pro class!!! With that larger turbo, the V-8 is much more competitive.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 02, 2019 10:43PM
The cat intake manifold on the 3208 is casted in the head just like the paperwork we provided to everyone at Bowling Green! The only tube plumbing we had was from the compressor side of the turbo charger into the intake manifolds which unlike international and Massey Ferguson which have bolt on intake manifolds.

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 03, 2019 07:35AM
cheaper to run 6cyld and more resources availble

Re: Why aren’t there may V8’s in superfarm? December 05, 2019 05:01AM
Simple not enough air flow by a 3x3.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2