Front ski bar question December 02, 2019 02:39PM
In process of building new chassis with air ride front. I'm seeing alot of guys are running the ski bars on the front axles now instead of connecting them to frame rails themselves . Does anyone know what the rules actually are on this? Run mostly ntpa but don't wanna limit myself from hooking somewhere if opportunity comes.

Re: Front ski bar question December 02, 2019 08:04PM
I have had both, my heavy super ski bars where located inside the frame. Basically located on the bars that wrapped down from the fuel tank. I pulled with NTPA and PPL. My light super now comes down from the frame.

Re: Front ski bar question December 04, 2019 02:18PM
NTPA rule states;
Skid must be securely mounted and braced to the chassis.

Re: Front ski bar question December 04, 2019 03:02PM
NTPA rule book reader
NTPA rule states;
Skid must be securely mounted and braced to the chassis.

To answer the original post, as long as the front axle is securely mounted and braced to the chassis it should be fine. But my answer may be wrong depending on who you are and who you ask.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing