minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 01:26AM
This is a video I stumbled on. 1996 ATPA minirods in St. Louis, MO. The 3rd hook of the class is turbine powered. Can anyone tell me anything about this vehicle or the history (if any) of using this power source in this class.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 07:13AM
This little tractor is called bare knuckles it was for sale about 15 years ago on racing junk for $12,000 And it took me a long time to find it again after it sold. The turbineIs a T 53 L1 This tractor always had a hard time hooking to the track even catch up after they did some moving of the engine. The guy that has it now is in Australia and it does have a Facebook page but I don’t think he updated very often because he’s been having some pretty serious engine trouble

Re: minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 07:17AM
It was at Larry Richwines place in 2006 or 2007.

Re: minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 08:34AM
Didn't Larry's son have a turbine mini. I remember seeing it come loose from the sled at Bowling Green

Re: minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 10:07AM
Robert did run a mini with a turbine later became petroleum freak on a leash. Roberts was a L-13 (maybe wrong) this tractor was at Tomah when they ran garden puller class between sessions. This tractor had a L-1 rated around 850 horsepower.

Re: minirod with a turbine December 06, 2019 10:08AM
It did wind up in Australia.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2