What draws you to an event? January 13, 2020 07:29PM
What draws you to a pull, either as a spectator or competitor?

As a competitor, is it pay outs? Location? Just having your class? Prestige of a well known pull? Friends going to pull there as well?

As a spectator, is it all similar to above? Or maybe just something simple as good food and seating options?

Myself and a few others are in charge of a pull and we are always looking to expand it both in spectators and hook numbers.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 13, 2020 10:36PM
As a spectator, the class list. If I want to go to a Full Pull Productions hook, it better have Classic Supers, RWYB trucks or 3.0/2.6 Diesel trucks. A national or regional event I go for heavy and light/limited Pro Stock, possibly Minis, DSS, and some kind of truck class. As a garden tractor puller, the event has to have Pro V-Twin/Mod Twin/Pro Outlaw so our tractors fit the rules

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 12:10AM
It has to do with what "status" the pull has.

My main goal is most of the time a Super National and 1 or 2 weeks before that pull I look for Regional/Grand National pulls.
I also try to look what classes they offer at the pulls.
Don't pay attention to the food/drinks. It is what it is.
Try every year to listen to people who can tell me more about some pulls.

I try to come over every summer and visit some pulls.
But the bucketlist is very long and I have to make decisions, most of the time I stick in the same arean. WI/MN/IA.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 02:11AM
For me it’s all about what equipment will be there. The more diesel powered machines (mainly tractors) the better. I also like events that I know will have manufacturer variety. (Gordyville is a prime example. I’m going to make it there someday!)

I also am a big fan of going to events that are either extremely well run in efficiency and/or have 2 tracks. If I know that I’m going to watch the scraper and the roller go up and down the track more than competitors, watch the track officials keep telling them to groom the track, or watch the machine take 2 minutes to back half the length of the track, I’m less likely to go. This is obviously as a spectator.

As a competitor, it’s simple...Do they have my class or not? I think of pulling as you have a limited window of weather every year...If there’s a pull with my class...I wanna go. But I know that not everyone looks at it that way.

The other factors don’t matter as much to me. I can always find something to eat.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 02:26AM
As a competitor:
Do they have my class - obviously
How far do I have to travel = can I be back at work monday morning. If not - is it worth watching "the rest" as a spectator so I'd take a day or two off.
As a spectator:
Which classes will be there and what variety is in the classes? I don't necessarily need to see the top dogs - but I want to see close competition.
The infrastructure of the event ... what I expect to be there depends a little on whether it's a weekend or just a single day. What would probably keep me away from going infrastructure wise:
- If I can't bring a chair / can't get a seat on the grandstand
- a bad track.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 06:08AM
As a competitor:

Obviously if they have our class
Having a blown mini in NY we always have to travel out of state anyways. First year we ran NTPA Reg II but the weekday/night pulls stink for the working man/women but we did it and made many friends. After the rookie year we went where we wanted to and really enjoyed it. We favored the pulls that were well run, good tracks (and track crews) weekend pulls (no weekdays) and the ones that made logistic sense in location. By this I mean if we pulled in Springfield, Oh then went north to Adrian, Mi we did NOT travel back south all the way to Owensville much further away from home. But most of all we like the double night hooks and friends we pull with and fans.

As a spectator:

We always would go to well run events such as BG where we camped several years before we dove into pulling. BG has always offered the best competition, 2 tracks, and some of the finest pullers and fans out there. We also like the events that DO NOT limit fans from the pits, over the years we have made many friends in the pits as fans and now pullers. The one thing as a new to pulling that tends to irk me is pulls where they share or limit pit access. As pullers we welcome fans and do everything to promote our sport.
As far as vendors and food, that really didn't matter to us in either case.

"Spending Their Inheritance" Pulling team
Strykersville, NY

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 11:06AM
beer garden

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 11:06AM
As a spectator - I got to have access to the pits.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 15, 2020 03:21AM
The Unlimited class!!!

Re: What draws you to an event? January 14, 2020 09:08PM
As a competitor, location, pay, track and how your treated by who is putting pull on

Re: What draws you to an event? January 16, 2020 12:59PM
As a spectator, I like farm tractor classes, not trucks, not modified multi engine tractors, not minis, (get my drift), but pulling tractors that "look" like tractors, ie: super stock, pro stock and super farm, (even though they no longer "pull", (they race now.....lol).

I'm mostly a fan of "stock" pulling , although there isn't much of that kind of pulling around anymore, then again, maybe this isn't the forum for me either.
BUT the question was asked, so I gave my $.02

Oh, and only pulls where you are allowed in the pits.

Darrel A.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 16, 2020 10:44PM
We are currently a "farm stock" tractor pull and then a few tractor and truck classes. 5500, 6500, 7500, 9500, 11500, 13500lb farm stock speed limit classes, 10000lb no speed limit farm tractors, 6500 LLSS tractors, 9000lb open turbo tractor, 8500 street diesel, 8000lb 2.5/2.6sb diesel trucks, 6200 cheater stock gas, 6500 open dot gas trucks, 8000lb RWYB trucks, 20000 hot semi.

We have a decent turn out in pullers last year(200 hooks) amd have a better purse for this upcoming year. Open pits, just have to sign waiver, cause who doesn't like to meet the pullers up close.

I was looking for things we don't do that we may do to increase spectators and pullers both. May be thinking that we are going to do a show and shine for pullers so spectators can see everyone up close.

Re: What draws you to an event? January 17, 2020 04:44AM
Okay, "cummins99", you have a myriad of assorted classes. However, what are the rules for each class? Do you have tech inspectors? Are your rules enforced? These are the #1 problem with local 'brush' pulls. Gotta keep it Safe! for everyone.
A show n' shine would also add an element of professionalism for the pullers and thus great PR to add to the open pits. Invite your local media (newspaper, tv).

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2