What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 03:37AM
If/when the NTPA eliminates a class from their Grand National schedule what class will it be. And when they add a class to their GN schedule what will it be. The obvious choice is the OSS class. With only 2 hooks I guess you could say it's already gone. So what class other class will be removed from the schedule to be reduced to a regional class?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 03:40AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 04:02AM
Light Pro should ve added. In the very near future, Super Farm will have lost enough pullers to make it no longer viable.

Regarding SSO, perhaps NTPA should exercise leadership with a few promoters to schedule a few more hooks, or better yet....

Learn from anecdotal evidence that has been accumulating and just reunify the diesel and alcohol into one heavy SS class.
Barring that, perhaps a couple promoters could adopt an idea I mentioned at least 2 years ago and book both classes but run them together with same sled setting, separate purse and points (BG Session 2 scheduled this way in 2020 and with PPL Goshen only 1 night and a few hours aeay, Ft Recovery could do it this year).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 04:03AM by The Original Michael.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 04:12AM
T.O.M. I agree whole heartedly with the idea of combining the DSS and OSS classes, however this is not going to ever happen, the NTPA does not like combined classes. However running the two classes together with separate points and payout would be the next best thing. And the SF class still is pretty strong. One thing about the SF class is the pullers do well in supporting the class at the National level.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/2020 04:30AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 05:18AM
The next class should be a diesel truck

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 07:13AM
They shouldn't, not every class needs to be GN. If you are a light or limited and want to run GN build a pro stock or DSS.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 05, 2020 09:57AM
By your assessment, "Light Super Stock" and "Light Unlimited Mod" shouldn't be a GN class then.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 03:43AM
Why bother with the combined for Diesels its not their problem to make up for lack of Alkys and it seems to be an eastern theme to combine them and I am glad that works for some but I would rather see one Sanction just carry all the UNLSS since for a long time its been short on tractors to have 2 sanctions... And as for who could be a GN class we do have a few options and why not with either the 4.1s or the Lt Pros and maybe the Pro Stock diesel pickups let some of these newer younger classes/competitors carry the torch. Since we do need a way to get more youth in pulling that would be a nice way to start. Otherwise the only other option would be to co sanction with brush leagues but then that brings in a whole new set of problems

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 04:02AM
Light Pro, Limited Pro, and Pro Stock Trucks would be an awesome addition

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 07:47AM
AJ
Why bother with the combined for Diesels its not their problem to make up for lack of Alkys
The Diesel Super class had THREE tractors make the entire circuit. I'd say they seem to have a numbers problem too.

Personally I don't see a need to add another GN class, but if I had to choose I'd probably say that if Light Pro continues on it's path of growth it should probably be next.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 12:07PM
While I do agree the numbers for SSD are not always favorable, I also think it shows signs of hope to some extent, there have been some new tractors built and some others added, but also some have stepped away (Oldens, Boxler, Raymond,Bricker etc.) but other than Chizek I cant think of any open tractors built in recent history, that being said I think a combined class would be a mistake as the SSD guys would likely boycott and you would essentially have a poor showing on both sides, the members of the NTPA SSO class shot themselves in the foot by pushing the 903s out, don’t drag the diesels in and kill them too !

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 12:23PM
There are two new ULSS being built that will hopefully be out for 2020. The old Mean Gene and a second tractor from the Barga family are nearing completion.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 01:24PM
Brent do you have some information about Barga's. Because I would doubt they would jump from PPL.

Gordon Cox

For The Love Of Pulling

[www.facebook.com]

[fortheloveofpulling.godaddysites.com]

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 04:07PM
They were building it with a engine that got outlawed when they banned the use of an engine that came from a four wheel drive tractor. After that was enforced, they scrapped that setup and now went with an inline 6. What engine they had before, and what they have now, I do not know.

Brent Yaron

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 12:05PM
T O M, I pitched this idea to the DSS class in person at the banquet 2 years ago. The "spokesman " for the class, I believe Steve Burge, told me, Brent, Jordan and John that the way they saw it, WE NEEDED THEM MORE THAN THEY NEEDED US, THEREFORE THEY WERE NOT INTERESTED!! Even though I offered to pay 2 separate purses.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 12:16PM
Exactly, Mr. Wells. You hit it. JW

Question for Mr. Wells February 06, 2020 01:14PM
Was that your plan for making NTPA great again?

Re: Question for Mr. Wells #2 February 10, 2020 12:33AM
Mr. Wells
It can be inferred from other reading you are seeking to control the proxie votes of wpi. I wish you the best in that endeavor. Who even knows where some of the shares are today. Some original owners have died, some got sold back to WPI and re-sold and probably others got lost in translation of business deals. You clearly have the money to look into it and for the sake of conversation I’m going to guess you have. If a person controls the proxies, why not change the by laws to allow a person to own more than 2 and you buy them up making yourself majority share holder. For the sake of conversation let’s say you accomplish this. Why should the pullers follow you? Do you have a business plan, something other than get as many promoters as possible to pay sanctioning fees? What would your strategy for attracting new corporate sponsors be? Right now from the outside looking in it’s run more like a country club than a business. Pullers, promoters alike have to pay their yearly dues. Would you seek for WPI/NTPA to own their own events where the risk/reward is greater. While I applaud your desire to make it great again, tell me sir, what would you really change and why should pullers want you or follow you as a leader?

Re: Question for Mr. Wells #2 February 10, 2020 07:43AM
I will say that WPI has a list of all share holders, it’s just not made public. I was told this by one of the WPI board member who presented the information to the WPTA board.

Brent Yaron

Re: Question for Mr. Wells #2 February 10, 2020 08:14AM
I can not imagine that the WPI board would not know who their share holders are, rather I think the point is just because you can only can own 2 shares the ability to control multiple shares is really the issue here. So in truth 4 or 5 share holders can control everything and anything pertaining to decision making concerning the WPI/NTPA. So the real question is just because someone is no longer active in the management are they really just on the sidelines watching?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2020 08:18AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Question for Mr. Wells #2 February 10, 2020 01:47PM
Dick, looks like the light finally came on!!!!!!

Re: Question for Mr. Wells, you going to make NTPA great again? February 11, 2020 02:47AM
Look, you act like Dick’s light bulb coming on is new information. Unless you’ve been living under a rock this so called aha moment isn’t all that new. Dave owns 2, Christine owns 2, son Christopher owns 2 and Tomah owns 2. So that’s 8 votes right there. For Brent and others involved, yes there is truth to the fact WPI didn’t know who their share holders were. Some were owned by businesses and as businesses were sold and dissolved shares were lost. There was a tracking down of shares that happened last summer. Is the issue of the WPI board going from 7 down to 5 going to be addressed? If you continue with this smoke n mirrors talk pullers won’t follow you, that’s the same bs as the past 35 years. Lay out a plan for the pulling world to see. Those of us who have been around knew that Dave “retiring” was a farce, again if you’ve been around and involved you know he was still going to be the puppet master. So who controls the proxie votes now?

Re: Question for Mr. Wells #2 February 11, 2020 04:12AM
Mr. Truth, I have in my possession, what I believe to be the most accurate list of WPI shareholders, and it does not match with your assumption. In regards to your other comments or questions, I like to know with whom I'm conversing.

Re: Question for Mr. Wells February 11, 2020 04:28AM
The WPI is the management arm of the NTPA. WPI and its board know where all the shares are. No shares have been lost or sold to the owner of the Tomah Dairy Queen.
What's the big deal with a board going from 7-5? WPI shareholders brought the NTPA out of financial ruin back in the day. The shares are either worth something or not. I don't speak for any shareholders but it has been my experience since 1989, that the shareholders are more proud of their saving of the sport, then cashing in a slip of paper or vote. The proxy votes protect those people who DID more than their share of contributions to the sport and don't want to get caught up in the crap.
General tip: anything money-WPI anything safety NTPA rules process. The WPI framework has provided NTPA a solid, stable, Legitimate sanctioning body.
To answer your question who votes the proxies? The board.
This is the second time in my NTPA history that this gets brought up. Everyone going to the next level, but no one provides any answers.
Yes, the next level is marketing, sales, social media, etc. But no one wants to dump a bunch a money into hiring people or allow that to happen.
NTPA is a membership organization and it gives a 50 year history of success and stability. NOT MANY SANCTIONING BODIES last that long. WPI employees are hard working overworked people who make sure their is a place to pull.
SOLUTION: Hire a staff of marketing, sales and social media people. Enhance the staff for sanctioning events, administration, accounting, membership, lazer, scoreboard, event operations, TECH OFFICIALS. That takes you to your level and provides another 50 years of NTPA pulling.
Yes, WPI should own events, that's where the money is and that money would come back to pullers. Oh, sorry that takes an events department.
If a million dollars dropped from the sky, the first money spent would be on the association that provides for pullers, the other 700,000 would go to the purse.

Re: Question for Mr. Wells February 11, 2020 05:01AM
TRUTH: How many shares and shareholders are there? I do think you place a little too much into the Tomah connection.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 06, 2020 02:40PM
Not completely, just one of several items that needs to be addressed.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 07, 2020 12:31AM
It's obvious that the remaining NTPA ULSS tractors need to go with PPL. They pay $2400 to win have 13 hooks for 2020 and pay $10,000 to win points championship.

PPL was smart to not offer the DSS class when they formed their classes. They outlasted NTPA on the battle for ULSS tractor numbers.

As far as the DSS class is concerned,...they need their purse doubled. Points doubled.

Re: What will be the next class added to the NTPA GN schedule? February 07, 2020 12:00AM
And they were, and still are correct.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,616, Posts: 229,672, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520