Outlaw LLSS February 05, 2020 06:02AM
Anyone know of any Outlaw LLSS tractors coming out this season or did this class not take off?

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 05, 2020 07:10AM
They dropped it.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 05, 2020 08:01AM
Several new ones came out last year and several more this year too. Its hard to build a class when you only give it 3 hooks to get going.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 09, 2020 10:03AM
How many would there be with the ones that came out last year in addition to the new ones for this year?

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 10, 2020 01:21AM
Best guess would be 10-12 but people saying they would be there and those actually showing up are sometimes different things sadly.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 10, 2020 12:11PM
Can these "new LLSS" run in the light super class until their numbers get better or are the rules not the same?

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 10, 2020 01:38PM
If they pass the safety they do all the time Mid South NTPA and get in the money since some SS make bad runs or dont run at all

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 10, 2020 03:21PM
So one post said they dropped it. Others say 10 plus tractors coming this year. I looked at the schedule and saw nothing.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 11, 2020 12:24AM
"looks questionable" the outlaws did drop the class, but there are other groups that have the class such as Heartland, PPL, MSTPA, MATTPA, etc. and their classes are growing steadily.

As for the LLSS running with the outlaw lss, other than bringing a knife to a gun fight, I do not believe any LLSS tractor with an intercooler can run with LSS nor any alky tractor with a multiple coil ignition. Not to mention the whole deal that blew up at wisner with the 560 with the 466 diesel that got disqualified then reinstated due to the class jumping rule allowing it, but with that class being dropped I don't believe that tractor would be legal anymore either.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 11, 2020 01:25AM
I am in the process of building one out of central ia. No it will not be done this summer. When it is if allowed we will run some outlaw lss. This tractor will have the electromotive ignition system. That is the only thing that outlaw does not allow. It's a oliver rearend but we went the clutch can route with a short driveshaft. No bellhousing.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 11, 2020 01:41AM
Looks questionable
So one post said they dropped it. Others say 10 plus tractors coming this year. I looked at the schedule and saw nothing.

Of the three that hooked the class the first year, one is parting his tractor because he broke it and is moving up to LSS. The other two have added a second tractor each to their trailers.Then you add Terry M. that has gotten his Cockshutt finished. Duane P. has bought an Oliver from down South. There are two separate 3200 RPM guys bought/building red diesels. I got laid up with a broken hip last year but am back working on my Deere. These are just from MATTPA. I know their are at least 3 new ones being worked on at Lussetto's to run with Heartland. I have also heard there are some new one's for ECI.

As "Pullinfan4255" stated, no they aren't legal to pull LSS with Outlaw per their current rules.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 11, 2020 01:42PM
Should probably have a tractor that will see the light of day before critiquing this huh?

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 12, 2020 01:57AM
I have 2 am I allowed to? You are actually faulting the guy for breaking a hip and not getting his tractor done? It may seem strange but some people actually build there stuff with more than a check book. The only reason we got in the class was that the Outlaws were adding it, we built the second tractor to help with numbers, supported the class as best we could at the 3 events we were offered. Truth be told if they wanted a turn key class they probably should have waited a couple of years, but that is a trashy move to let the smaller clubs build a class for you just to try to take it from them.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 12, 2020 02:53AM
Someone is salty. I critiqued nothing, I mostly stated facts.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 12, 2020 04:48AM
So has anyone talked with these guys, how many are going to run for sure this summer? I see the point of the " knife to a gun fight" thing but promoters need to see some improvement in numbers, so that being said let them run with light super for the time being to make a consistent presence.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 12, 2020 05:22AM
It's over, the class has been dropped, there was talk of running the LLSS with the LSS but nothing firm was put into place for last year. As was stated 1 of the tractors is being parted out and the guy is building a LSS, the rest of us will be running the MATTPA schedule this season with a few new ones in the mix.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 15, 2020 10:08AM
I would like to see one set of rules for the llss across the board followed by all organizations. Then a guy or gal could take their tractor anywhere.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 15, 2020 05:43AM
Even harder to build class if no one show up

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 15, 2020 09:57AM
I for one will be out this year with my llss. Funny this has came up as a guy called me this week from Kansas that is a tech guy or something to that effect for outlaws and he is going to run his with the lss class. I said i would do the same if it was allowed and he said it shouldn't be a problem as that is what he was going to do also.

Re: Outlaw LLSS February 15, 2020 01:17PM
IF your tractor passes the safety inspections go for it .Get those tractors out there the class will come

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing