Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 09:08AM
I was talking with several pulling friends on the phone and we are starting to think that the 2020 pulling season isn't going to happen...Its looking like this virus will drag on long enough to cancel most or all of it..Sascha says that it will peak in Germany anywhere from June to August so that could be the case in the US?

Maybe I can at least antique pull as we never have a crowd at them..Thats if any of the pullers will even show..

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 01:08PM
I suppose it depends on what states decide to do on restrictions, I would think events being outside rather than indoor would make some difference, time will tell let’s hope it’s over with sooner rather than later.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 01:28PM
we are fortunate to soon be going into our warmer months? this virus is not that durable? sunlight and temps over 27'c (80'f) will kill it! may not be so lucky in the southern hemisphere as they will be entering their winter period. just thinking out load here

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 02:31PM
Remember those all important words...no rain date,no refund...at least the payout next year should astronomical

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 02:56PM
There's great debate on whether summer will have any effect on the virus. Some say no, some say yes but nobody knows yet. It's thriving in Australia at the end of their summer so that's not great news. The virus lives well in our bodies at 98.6 F so there little chance that temps in the 80's or 90's will have any effect on it. As for the virus being "durable" there's some evidence that the virus can live on a smooth surface for upward of 9 days (in ideal conditions) as long as it doesn't dry out too much.

My kids school just got cancelled indefinitely because a school employee from a different district in our county just tested positive for COVID-19... the second positive in our county (thankfully only 2 so far but we have a lack of testing). I really don't even know what to think about summer pulling right now... I'm not optimistic, but I sure hope my gut feeling is wrong.

Wash your hands regularly, keep calm and carry on, don't play politics, and prepare for long-term disruptions (hopefully they won't happen),

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/15/2020 05:04AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 07:24AM
Well written Jake, there are rumors that Ohio and Pa are going to close universities and schools for the remainder of this year, with a switch to online classes.

Regarding outdoor venues, major league baseball and NASCAR have both cancelled for the next couple of weeks and those are outdoor activities, although maybe it was to keep people separated with the hopes that it would help stop the spread or perhaps to support other activities that are cancelled.

The biggest risk in my mind is economical, if the stock market continues to slide down and companies start to reduce headcount, that will have a major impact on all hobbies.

Rich

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 11:36PM
Not a rumor in Ohio. The Ohio State University has sent everybody home as well as all the other state schools. K-12 schools are closed probably through the end of school year with teachers scrambling to go online. The big news is today is the governor went against a court order and pushed out voting. We will see how that plays out. As many have said, we will probably never know if all of this disruption is worth it. Its going to be a bumpy ride but we will get our TP back!

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 14, 2020 02:46PM
I don't think the Virus will be the problem, I think they won't be able to stock enough toilet paper for the Kybos.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 01:57AM
There is no lack of tests..... The lack is the symptoms to be tested. We will never know the total of infected people because it effects different people different ways. Dr. said my now 2yr old tested negative back in Dec. with flu like symptoms. Said "there is a virus going around just has to run it's course." They didn't have a name for it yet... HHmmmmmm

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 07:22AM
I’m convinced I had it most of December and then my mom got it. She is a smoker def has been all her adult life and even more. It was viral and real bad I had pneumonia and there’s not much to be done but they gave me some pills and time. My mom in now at 3 months smoke free she said it was terrible not being able to catch her breath.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 03:31AM
3 Foot Willie
I’m convinced I had it most of December and then my mom got it. She is a smoker def has been all her adult life and even more. It was viral and real bad I had pneumonia and there’s not much to be done but they gave me some pills and time. My mom in now at 3 months smoke free she said it was terrible not being able to catch her breath.
This is different. First reported case was in China around Dec. 31. But yes, a lot of other stuff going around and people will believe whatever they want so that is why government leadership is so important. People need to be forced into acting responsibly.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 09:12AM
Someone sent this to my wife yesterday..Since its the NY Times I really dont agree with those projected numbers but right now 61 dead in the US and 5280 world wide..They say it could last for months or even over a year..If it lasts a year we are in a mess like we have never seen before..

According to a recent New York Times article, "Between 160 million and 214 million people in the U.S. could be infected over the course of the epidemic, according to one projection. That could last months or even over a year, with infections concentrated in shorter periods, staggered across time in different communities, experts said. As many as 200,000 to 1.7 million people could die.

And, the calculations based on the C.D.C.’s scenarios suggested, 2.4 million to 21 million people in the U.S. could require hospitalization, potentially crushing the nation’s medical system, which has only about 925,000 staffed hospital beds. Fewer than a tenth of those are for people who are critically ill."

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 09:37AM
I’m certainly no expert, but I agree it’s The NY Times and they are one to push gloom and doom because they have a political bias, but if that’s true we could be in trouble but I’ll take it with a grain of salt for now.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 09:46AM
The US averaged 220 dead per day (80,000) year total from a flu virus in 2018. Why no hype then? Tank the economy and get rid of Trump is the mission now. They thought the Mueller special counsel was gonna do it for them in 18'. They failed,....then Impeachment in 19' they failed,....so now Wuhan flu is their next shot. The whole media is all in on getting rid of Trump...………. Helen Keller saw it on November 9th 2016. Cool

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 10:32AM
so trump is tanking the economy to get rid of himsefl? europe is shutting things down to get rid of trump? sasha is telling you germanys plans to make trump look bad? the pope isnt letting people come to easter service just so we can get a new leader. man youre dumb. you should consider booking a cruise, prices are low. put your money where your mouth is and take a trip somewhere, yourre not banned from traveling elsewhere. take advantage of the cheap rates. if its just hype then prove it. take a cruise. the response to corona has been crazy. unprecedented. weve never seen anything close to this type of reaction to a viral out break. its either hype of worse than they,re saying. do you think other countries are faking it? im guessing its worse then we hear because trump would be tweeting about your fake hype. hes not. if trumps willing to let so many things shut down its got to be bad. real bad. if you cant see that you must be one of the dumbest people on the planet.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 11:21AM
prove it
so trump is tanking the economy to get rid of himsefl? europe is shutting things down to get rid of trump? sasha is telling you germanys plans to make trump look bad? the pope isnt letting people come to easter service just so we can get a new leader. man youre dumb. you should consider booking a cruise, prices are low. put your money where your mouth is and take a trip somewhere, yourre not banned from traveling elsewhere. take advantage of the cheap rates. if its just hype then prove it. take a cruise. the response to corona has been crazy. unprecedented. weve never seen anything close to this type of reaction to a viral out break. its either hype of worse than they,re saying. do you think other countries are faking it? im guessing its worse then we hear because trump would be tweeting about your fake hype. hes not. if trumps willing to let so many things shut down its got to be bad. real bad. if you cant see that you must be one of the dumbest people on the planet.

Trump is spelled with a capital T. fyi..... Never said Trump was tanking the economy,,.....the media hype is tanking the economy. Trumps gonna play this to his advantage and guys like you will be sitting there with another deer in the headlights look on your ignorant face wondering how he always does that to you LOL

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 15, 2020 02:26PM
prove it

Trump has been put between a rock and a hard place...He does nothing and possibly lots of people die and he's labeled a murderer that did nothing to stop it......On the other hand he shuts down the country and the economy tanks badly which it will if this lasts very long..Both of these will be used against him this Fall....So far about 4 deaths per day have occurred in the US since Covid-19 started..

Meanwhile back in 2009 about 12,000-15,000 deaths occurred in the US from swine flu..The president at that time didnt do much for 6 months and it was OK..I was in the local Walmart today and it was amazing how many shelves were totally empty...Its like lots of people think that they are going to be staying at home for the next 2 months...Its a mess unlike we have ever seen before..

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 04:09AM
In regards to Trump, the ones dumb enough to blame him either way aren't going to vote for him anyhow, they'll vote for whoever offers them the most free stuff.

At the end of the day unless he does something ridiculously stupid, I don't think it will have much influence on the number of votes he'll get.

8 weeks? Pulling season is in jeopardy March 15, 2020 02:32PM
So, now I believe I’m hearing no gatherings of 50+ people for 8 weeks? That puts us into mid May. This is not good. It’s pretty hard for people in general to not “freak out” when they hear things like this. My friends, I believe the season is going to be over before it starts. Even if it does come about, at some point, I think our country is going to be in a financial mess - fans, pullers, and promoters alike. I hope things turn around but it’s not looking good. Sad

Re: 8 weeks? Pulling season is in jeopardy March 15, 2020 02:58PM
I'm starting to think that this deal is going to drag on for most of the year and that their will be some very bad consequences for most of us..Its unlike anything that I have ever seen..

Re: 8 weeks? Pulling season is in jeopardy March 16, 2020 02:08AM
Please stop panicking. Can we all agree to go to the end of the month and then re-evaluate like rational adults?

CP

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 08:31AM
"Sascha says that it will peak in Germany anywhere from June to August so that could be the case in the US?"

Trump just said it, too...

Anyhow - there is no need to blame anybody but the Chinese government. They knew about this since DECEMBER. They've locked up the scientists who spoke or reported about it for a MONTH until they really did anything.

This needs to be talked about once this @#$%& is over.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 12:27PM
In reply to blaming China.... it doesn't matter where the hell it came from we should have been better prepared. We're supposedly the world's most advanced country, we need to be ready for Corono, or Busch, or Miller, or whatever the next one will be; virus, locusts, storm, asteroid, flood, or even Martians.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 16, 2020 06:29PM
Just to clarify:
I am not blaming "China" but their government (style).

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2020 02:15AM by Sascha.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 04:53AM
Mike P
In reply to blaming China.... it doesn't matter where the hell it came from we should have been better prepared. We're supposedly the world's most advanced country, we need to be ready for Corono, or Busch, or Miller, or whatever the next one will be; virus, locusts, storm, asteroid, flood, or even Martians.

How can you be totally prepared for a certain strain of a virus when you dont even know what its going to be?Lately most of them have originated in China and they aren't exactly free with their information..

So far 88 are dead in the US..

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 10:01AM
Test kits, ventilators, emergency procedures, full time dedicated planning and prevention professionals, none of that is virus specific. Face it, we were caught with our pants down.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 10:37AM
Mike P
Test kits, ventilators, emergency procedures, full time dedicated planning and prevention professionals, none of that is virus specific. Face it, we were caught with our pants down.

If 80,000 died from the flu in this country in 2018,...and we end up with less deaths than that from the China virus,...…….will you come back on here and recant that post??

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 11:22AM
Forget tractor pulling this summer i have squirrel dogs for sale these will put fresh meat on your table when state to state trucking is cut out for delivery they will also tree possums coons bobcat and ground hog for a family that thrives on variety at the dinner table

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 12:05PM
Now you’re talkin Lewis!
Lock-in Load
3 hour wait at Cabelas and they are rashning ammo
We will probably wipe out the deer herd before it’s over
When you start forcing people to quarantine the urban population will go nuts and will most likely be looking to get what ever they can get their hands on be it food, cash ,or guns and ammo
I hope this goes away more than anyone but we’ve never seen anything like this and I don’t mean the virus but the CONTROL over us

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 12:44PM
Mike p
You lost me at China virus

You seem lost the other 23 hours and 59 seconds of the day,...………………..

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 01:00PM
Mike p

So,you are totally unaware that the current Covid-19 virus originated in China??

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? March 17, 2020 01:04PM
My Opinion

So,you are totally unaware that the current Covid-19 virus originated in China??

Just a typical snowflake that voted for Hillary,...…….IMO

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 09, 2020 12:54PM
As much as I'd like to recant my post..... We've topped 80,000 deaths and it only took 3 months to do it. Defiantly, not a hoax.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 10, 2020 05:46AM
What would the count be if things wasnt shut down

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 01:06AM
I saw an interesting number a few days ago and honestly don't know what it is telling us. The NY Governor said that of recent hospitalizations 66% were people that were sheltering at home. So two thirds of people staying home were still getting COVID-19, don't how to feel about that.

S'no Farmer

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 01:22PM
its a old livestock building open all the way through slotted roof and plenty of poles to run your tractor into but not a bad place at all to go pulling, Todd you could run the economods but no way would I attempt the multi engine although that would be interesting. Its in Madison,Ind.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 13, 2020 12:26AM
Stuart has it figured out and there’s a lot more that think just like him!!

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 02:50AM
Mike P
As much as I'd like to recant my post..... We've topped 80,000 deaths and it only took 3 months to do it. Defiantly, not a hoax.

Why do you believe the 80,000 death number?

I think it's closer to 20,000. The "hoax" was the economic devastation that was placed on the country for what appears to be a overblown reaction to nothing more deadly to most people,... than the common flu.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 08:56AM
Please cite your sources for the inaccuracy of the death total of 80K. Or better yet,
that it's only 20K that have died due to the virus. I'm in New York,what state
do you live in Stuart ?

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 09:17AM
Stuart lives in the state of denial.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 12:07PM
Just thinkin
Stuart lives in the state of denial.

Actually I live in a state where you can get a hair cut ,....and then go out to have a steak,...………..BeerBeer

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 12:05PM
EFV
Please cite your sources for the inaccuracy of the death total of 80K. Or better yet,
that it's only 20K that have died due to the virus. I'm in New York,what state
do you live in Stuart ?

Source : www."I think".com

My condolences on your zip code ELF,...you have one of the worst governors in all of the US.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 10:32PM
Appreciate the condolences on my governor. Yes, he is not the best by a long shot. Too bad we don't have
an electoral college for state representation here in NY. I can't find your "I think.com" page. I get Chinese
and Indian sites. Post a link please. Congratulations on living in which state ? Don't worry,this fire will get to
you,maybe in time for the vaccine to be available.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 01:27AM
Oh it highly matters where it came from, why was such even being..."Researched" and developed? and was it really an accident, this has cost the whole World a terrible price and many many folks their life. I know for a fact the numbers are not accurate, many of the deaths being reported were not only due to corona so what is the real ratio? Truths we may never know!

BB

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 02:11AM
Antique pull in Versailles,In.. had many entries, 15 - 25 in the most popular classes,this past weekend !!!!!!!

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 03:28AM
billee,
Antique pull in Versailles,In.. had many entries, 15 - 25 in the most popular classes,this past weekend !!!!!!!

Indiana has a limit of 25 people for social gatherings..Just curious how did they bypass it?

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 07:38AM
Curious

Indiana has a limit of 25 people for social gatherings..Just curious how did they bypass it?

I was there. There were more than 25 people there but there were never more than 20-25 in the building most of the time. Trailers and haulers were spread out over 2-3 acres.

The building is around 250x60 with good ventilation. In real terms you encounter closer spaces, relative to other people, in any retail store - than in that barn.

Most practiced good social distancing, families/crews huddled together but pullers in general gave each other space.
I wore a mask when I deemed it appropriate. Others wore masks also, not a lot but there were a few.

In my opinion, several states could go on with antique pulling given how I saw it done at this particular event.

Otherwise - Keep washing hands, if you don't feel good and have a fever - stay home. If you have health issues - exercise caution! The reality of this disease is that it is hitting rest homes, jails, and other facilities at higher rates than anywhere else. Policies that are "working" for big cities are being arbitrarily applied to rural areas. This is the first epidemic/pandemic we have ever had where a stay at home policy has been implemented and we will really never know for sure how many lives were saved or lost in the process. We need to get back to work, and work hard to get back to where we were....and have opportunity to play hard too when the opportunity arises.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 01:26PM
older building,taken down old barn with mostly wooden pegs in the beams, rebuilt on a farm between Osgood, and Versailles,added on to a preexisting building several yrs ago, works well for antiques, is 300ft long,minus sled length, so makes for a good pull, brown clay track.

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 02:10PM
Interesting, that's not far from me and hadn't heard of it.

S'no Farmer

Re: Whats Everyones Opinion-Is the 2020 Pulling Season A Total Or Partial Wash? May 11, 2020 01:15PM
Where is this building in Versailles? Is it a newer building?

S'no Farmer

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,569, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,833.

Our newest member BadHabit2