Different subject March 28, 2020 02:58AM
Hey guys let’s stop talking about the virus on here. It’s getting depressing enough when everywhere you look that is all you see. Let’s try to keep this forum about the the thing we like to do. Let’s talk about projects, new ideas,the old days, pulling related things! Let’s keep it positive!!!! Just a thought. Thanks

Re: Different subject March 28, 2020 05:01AM
That's right Folks, - I AM THE BEST DAMNED QB AND TRACTOR PULLERS BAR RACER BENCH RACER THE WORLD HAS EVER KNOWN. Now that we have your attention, let's have more fun and say what we are doing to pull in the near future, just picked up some tires, black, round with little grabber bars thingees on em,hope to hook well. Changed oil in two units and polished the hoods, made sure the draw bars are good, no cracking, welds all good, charged batteries, cleaned cables, swept off trailer, - I Am Ready.

Re: Different subject March 28, 2020 05:23AM
I don't want corona virus talk to overwhelm the page, but I don't mind some virus discussions. The world is taking some pretty unprecedented measures and they are going to effect every aspect of our lives and we can address those things as a community. The economy will be a big discussion as well and it might be pretty depressing talking about it for a while. The virus and the economy will undoubtedly change our lives and our sport for some time.

As much as possible, I want to refrain from making things political, mainly because it's pointless and we're already over polarized as a country. So I want us all to keep that in mind when responding.

We are a community and right now we can talk about things that impact our lives. We're in uncharted territory. I know that this sport (and all sports) can function as a reprieve from our everyday problems and they can be an escape from our everyday burdens. Right now that's not a realistic expectation. Hopefully we can get back to 100% pulling discussion soon, but right now all of our lives are being impacted on some level or another. For those who don't want to read the virus threads... you don't need to, simply click on the pulling topics and skip over the topics you don't want to see. Better yet, don't just click the puling topics...for those who sit on the sidelines and want more pulling topics: chime in, share a pulling related thought, start a new topic, add pulling related discussion and add some uplifting content to the page. Be part of the solution if you you want more pulling related discussion.

Everybody stay safe and wash your hands.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Different subject March 29, 2020 12:17PM
I too prefer not to whine too much on how things are going to change.. SO I am still working on my IH 5088 build. It has a LONG way to go before it makes a pass down the track, but I enjoy the build. The setback should give me some extra time to complete the project.

Re: Different subject March 29, 2020 01:26PM
Gonzo, what class you building for ?

Re: Different subject March 29, 2020 06:42PM
Building for the Badger State 466 class. 466 3x3 open P pump, Stock cast iron and manifolds. 20.8s. Its a 1206 Atlas Differential, and an Atlas 5 speed transmission

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/30/2020 10:15AM by gonzo 1066.

Re: Different subject April 01, 2020 12:09PM
Nice looking frame and cage, it's gonna be sharp !!!

Re: Different subject April 01, 2020 05:22AM
Gonzo, that's one heck of a commute! lol!

Fast tractor April 01, 2020 11:40AM
Maybe I will just drive it back to the midwest? Tall tire and fast ring and pinion. I dint think that the speed limit applies to tractors?

Re: Fast tractor April 01, 2020 02:10PM
Actually I know of a guy who got stopped for going 35 in a 20 mph school zone in a tractor.

Re: Fast tractor April 02, 2020 02:37AM
Same thing yrs ago, farm stock type 1206 or similar IH, guy was driving about 25 miles to a county fair pull, he was half way there in late afternoon, a local drunk pulled out of the bar parking lot and was going slow down the highway, farmer going to pull stayed behind at 15 mph for a little ways, - then opened her up,( PROBABLY DOUBLE THE NORMAL RPMS) and passed the old pick up driving drunk, Reportedly as the story goes the old drunk was scared sober after he saw "A TRACTOR FLYING".

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 12:33PM
Dirtfarmer
Actually I know of a guy who got stopped for going 35 in a 20 mph school zone in a tractor.

Must have been an M or H Farmall
Those things would fly.
I'm lucky to be alive driving them on the roads in the 1970s and 80s hauling hay and tobacco wagonsEye Popping

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 12:37PM
Actually, it was an almost new Massey Ferguson. I think he told me it would go 38 mph.

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 12:46PM
Where did u grow up, your profile says your in Florida, hay an tobacco in Florida ?

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 12:48PM
That was for Kevinh.

Re: Fast tractor April 06, 2020 12:44PM
?
Where did u grow up, your profile says your in Florida, hay an tobacco in Florida ?
Grew up in KY, lived in FL for about 20 years.
There is tobacco in North Florida and hay all over Florida from North to South. There's alot of cattle in FL as well.

Re: Fast tractor April 06, 2020 02:39PM
What part of Kentucky ?

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 01:26PM
2706 with a set of 38's pulled me over in bulls gap going 45 in a 30 at the ripe old age of 15 going to rake hay, got a 1550 utility with 42's I haven't been clocked but it will flat get out of the way.

Re: Fast tractor April 02, 2020 11:57AM
So I gotta start out with I did not get a ticket, but a warning 42 in a 25. It was the late 80’s I guess. I was crossing a bridge and knew that there was a gap in the transition plate on a bridge and the front of the tricycle front on my Fatmall M would wobble so I slowed down.
I crossed a bridge before I got it and slowed. I pulled the throttle back and started up the hill. And there was the fuzz coming coming down the hill he turned the cruiser around and followed me to the fairgrounds. We had a conversation when I stopped. He ask how fast it would run. I know enough to say that was as fast as she would go.
Several years later I became friends with the cop and we spoke of that. He was afraid to write me up because no one would believe him. We went out later that day and he drove that pulling tractor. He found out how fast a Farmall M would run on a street in roadgear. I could not get him to run radar on me after that. He was at a lot of pulls the next several years.

Re: Fast tractor April 03, 2020 10:20AM
I put a Dodge Flathead 6 in a narrow front Massey 44 years ago. Just a rod to the carb. I had that up to 48mph ONCE! Kind of a harry ride, I would never do that now.

Re: Fast tractor April 05, 2020 01:14PM
The 430 and 530 cases with the 3 speeds would move on on the road also the 8n fords with the sherman transmissions and the Dextras

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2