More video! Late Seventies NFMS March 31, 2020 11:40AM
This video comes from the late Seventies, a SMALL snippet of what I will sharing in the coming days. Thank you to Mr. John Shipp and Mr. Joel Armistead for the video. Enjoy!

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2020 11:41AM by Bryan Lively.

Mod question March 31, 2020 02:04PM
Pulling Reference lists a Dean Decker as the 9 mod winner in 1977. I'm not familiar with that puller. What engines did he run? Any photos of his vehicle?

Re: More video! Late Seventies NFMS March 31, 2020 03:03PM
Dean Decker was Gaylord Zechman's son-in-law (Gaylord owned the Spirit of '76). My dad was the "wrench". I have restored the tractor and run in on the NTPL Legends Series since 2014. As I recall the story at the time, NTPA was not allowing pullers to run an "Outlaw" pull and get NTPA points. Gaylord entered the tractor in Dean's name by the entry deadline date in late 1976. Then by February of 1977, either this "rule" had been lifted and Gaylord drove it to the win. Or perhaps he said he was Dean, idk for sure. Gaylord's wife is 90 and still very sharp. i'll give her a call and see if she remembers. The Spirit of '76 was third in '75, second in '76 and first in '77. Mrs. Zechman gave me all three trophies, I have them in safe keeping. More to come, Kevin Dick.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2