Vintage pulling memorabilia March 31, 2020 12:41PM
With everything going on in the world lately I thought this could be an interesting thread to start. Hopefully others will join in. With the recent passing of Bruce Hutcherson I thought it would be fitting to start this thread with some memorabilia I have of his. The hat was actually one that Bruce himself was wearing. We were at Bowling Green in the mid to late 80s and my dad was talking with Bruce and asked him where we could get one of those hats like he was wearing because I really would like one, without hesitation he took it off and handed it to me. It's one of those things that I'll never forget from my childhood. I'm thankful for all the memories he provided and his part in the evolution of the sport. RIP

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia March 31, 2020 01:57PM
I would like to add to this thread but don't know how to add photos.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia March 31, 2020 02:14PM
Just above the box where you type your message is a link to attach files/photos. Click that and you can get started and you can attach multiple photos.

Here are some instructions:
http://www.pulloff.com/phorum/read.php?17,78981#attach_photos

You might need to resize your photos to make them web friendly... there are some instructions on link above to help you do that.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 01, 2020 05:49AM
Ralph Banter is another tractor pulling great that we lost in February. Today's picture will be in honor of him. Talk about someone who was constantly pushing the sport forward with innovation. As most of us know, it wasn't just Ralph doing it by himself. It was the duo of Ralph and Dave that made the Banter Bros. name synonymous with tractor pulling. This is one of their team hats along with a patch that they had to put on their crew uniforms and such. Unlike yesterday I don't have a memorable story to tell on how I ended up with these. I know my dad got these from Ralph, just don't remember the details. To another one of the sport's legends RIP!

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 01, 2020 03:24PM
I was hoping there would be more people join in and share some pictures of their old pulling collectibles and memorabilia.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 01:53AM
Rupp Arena
Lexington KY

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 02:09AM
kevinh
Rupp Arena
Lexington KY

program pages

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 02:12AM
pg. 3,4,5

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 02:20AM

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 02:27AM

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 02:30AM

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 12:07AM
One of my prized possessions is this program from Pull-O-Roma from the old Richfield Coliseum near Cleveland, Ohio. I am not sure when this was but I think it was late 70s??? I am surprised that my dad even bought me a program but I am glad he did as it brings back good memories every time I see it.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 12:18AM
Unfortunately I moved from town to town alot as a kid so every time I moved things had to get culled and I don't have any momentos except my Legos. Every once in a while I find a photo where I'm wearing an awesome WNYTPA or NTPA shirt. I really wish I still had those shirts for my son to wear.

Thanks for sharing the memorabilia, hopefully more people will post some photos.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 03:49AM
Picked this up on Ebay a few years back

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 04:46AM
Memories of the Wrangler credentials pouch and what is still in it.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 08:06AM
I have a few of the NTPA / Firestone posters circa 1982.
A nice tribute to another legend John Hileman

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 02, 2020 01:40PM
Today I'll honor the late Bob Smith. I was lucky to have gotten to know Bob and Scott while traveling the GN circuit before they retired from the sport. In fact Bob's sister Myrna was my canoe buddy at Chapel Hill one year on our canoe trip. I always enjoyed talking with Bob. One of my childhood memories is the teddy bear that always rode in the passenger seat of the pulling truck. The picture is one of their hero cards and a hat pin that I got from Scott.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 03, 2020 01:01PM
While looking through some of my stuff I found these that go along with my posts from earlier in the week. I knew I had the hero card of the Banter Bros., but had forgotten about the Makin Bacon t-shirt.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 04, 2020 05:02AM
Bumper sticker and hero card that I got at BG.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 06, 2020 01:05AM
From part of my dad's collection

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 07, 2020 03:26AM
My dad's red denim participant jacket from Louisville 1978.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 09, 2020 05:42AM
A patch of my dad's. It is the size of a playing card.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 11, 2020 02:16AM
A NTPA t-shirt that I wore all the time and a hero card both from the early to mid 80's. Interesting that the shirt has a monster truck on it. We pulled against the Thumper tractor a few times. A very tough tractor in those days.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 13, 2020 11:22AM
A couple more things from the 80's.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 13, 2020 01:20PM
Kevin Prime

Nice

Jaske's Meister Brau Express
Nothing like a Super Mod 4x4 with 2 Arias motors / that thing would haul that Thumb sled at the USHRA eventsHot

Gary Collins Bud Boss-Little KW was similar / 2 kb hemis

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 13, 2020 01:24PM
kevinh

Nice

Jaske's Meister Brau Express
Nothing like a Super Mod 4x4 with 2 Arias motors / that thing would haul that Thumb sled at the USHRA eventsHot

Gary Collins Bud Boss-Little KW was similar / 2 kb hemis

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 15, 2020 07:23AM
A couple more hats from my collection.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 15, 2020 09:06AM
It's unfortunate the rainbow symbol has a very different meaning for some people today... but I don't care, that rainbow hat from BG is awesome!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 12:28AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 16, 2020 04:26AM
Ok, I'm going to need a little help on this one. The Summer Nationals hat I don't know how or where I got it. I can't seem to find out either, so does anyone know where this event was held or anything about it? As for the Wrangler hat, I got it in BG. I'm guessing around the late 70's early 80's. My mom told me I could get one souvenir that weekend. The Wrangler hat was the thing that I saw and liked immediately. It did have a pretty hefty price tag on it compared to all the other merchandise though. That led my mom to telling me "let's look around the rest of the weekend and see if there's something else you see that you like" AKA let's see if there's something cheaper. Needless to say I didn't see anything else that I liked more than that hat. Even though my dad thought it was too much money to spend on a hat my mom spent the money and got it for me. I guess it was a good investment as I still cherish it and the memory of it to this day.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 16, 2020 11:24AM
Kevin Prime
Ok, I'm going to need a little help on this one. The Summer Nationals hat I don't know how or where I got it. I can't seem to find out either, so does anyone know where this event was held or anything about it? As for the Wrangler hat, I got it in BG. I'm guessing around the late 70's early 80's. My mom told me I could get one souvenir that weekend. The Wrangler hat was the thing that I saw and liked immediately. It did have a pretty hefty price tag on it compared to all the other merchandise though. That led my mom to telling me "let's look around the rest of the weekend and see if there's something else you see that you like" AKA let's see if there's something cheaper. Needless to say I didn't see anything else that I liked more than that hat. Even though my dad thought it was too much money to spend on a hat my mom spent the money and got it for me. I guess it was a good investment as I still cherish it and the memory of it to this day.
I had one of those Pioneer hats; I think it was a select number of events at the summer TNT pulls.

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 16, 2020 03:09PM
kevinh

I had one of those Pioneer hats; I think it was a select number of events at the summer TNT pulls.

Dan at Pulling Reference didn't know either. He did say that Pioneer sponsored a bunch of TNT pulls in 89 though. Was BG a TNT event in 1989?

Re: Vintage pulling memorabilia April 17, 2020 09:38AM
A model kit from the mid 80's.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,573, Posts: 229,601, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,855.

Our newest member BadHabit2