2020 Pulling Season April 01, 2020 04:57AM
We all are playing the waiting game. Kentucky Derby rescheduled, Wimbledon next year, Olympics in 2021. No College World Series.
Hopefully the national tours will be able to be held and that every pull can go off as planned. However, the No Bull pull has been scrubbed for this year and it's uncertain for next year, since they have a conflict with a "local" pull. Everything's in a holding pattern now, so we will wait.
It's amazing to me to see how pulling runs in cycles. Back in the Copenhagen/Skoal days DAVE BANTER was retiring and all of us in the office were worried about what would happen with the mods. The sky is falling, end of the world as we knew it. Banter told me, don't worry this happens all the time, new people will step up. Joe Eder comes to mind.
Pro Stock tractors back in the day took a back seat to Super Stocks and we didn't see many PS hooks on the GNPC. SS ruled with only two alky tractors running for points. Grand National events always and still do feature the best of the best. There was a HUGE push for Super Modified BLOWN 4x4 trucks to be a national class. We tried it and the numbers didn't follow.
NTPA is failing and going away. That occurs every couple of years. Numbers of pullers flock to PPL. Same as it was with ATPA. How many people know why PPL was formed? Back in the day there was the Louisville rule. One of my favorites. In rule book laid out the penalty for competing in a NON Sanctioned NTPA event also stated this rule is not being enforced.
Lots of online chatter of all the money NTPA takes in and where does it go? Most goes right back to the pullers. End of season points, rules making etc. All the money from entry fees seems to be counted as profit. Not so fast. The WPI/NPTA staff is small, but very dedicated to the sport. It's a well run and stable company.
Promoter pays the purse. Sponsorship pays the end of season points fund.
Heres to a health and productive pulling season. Practice the social distance, drink plenty of fluids and good luck to all.

GALOT 2021 April 01, 2020 06:05AM
I can’t remember where I read/heard it, but I was pretty certain that No Bull ‘21 is a go, weekend TBD. Am I just hearing things or can somebody else back me up on that?

Re: GALOT 2021 April 01, 2020 06:08AM
On Fonda's board from Ben...

No Bull Truck & Tractor Pull is canceled for this year.
Posted on March 24, 2020 at 04:10:18 PM by Ben-GALOT

GALOT Motorsports Park is saddened to announce that the No Bull Truck & Tractor Pull is canceled for this year. With all the uncertainty with the COVID-19 pandemic, we feel that the scheduled date of our pull is too close to the restriction dates that are already in place in our state. Also, with the financial hardships that our sponsors, pullers, as well as our fans may incur during this crisis, it would be in the best interest of everyone involved to go ahead and cancel. We will definitely try again next year on May 21-22, 2021.
We would like to thank our sponsors that were already in place for the No Bull Truck & Tractor Pull this year, ie, Cen-Pe-Co, Pro Line Racing, Pro Fab Machine, SCS Gearbox , MAC Trailer, Sonny's World Class Racing Engines and Shelton Insurance Center. It really means a lot to us that you guys were willing to jump on board with us in this brand new venture.
We would also like to thank the pullers that had already pre-committed on line and by word of mouth. It is always reassuring to have the support of so many fellow pullers. We wish you all the best of luck this year in your pulling season. We hope you will mark your calendars for May 21-22, 2021 for the first No Bull Truck and Tractor Pull.

Replies:
2021 No Bull Pull Date TBA - By Ben-GALOT March 26, 2020 at 12:04:26 PM

2021 No Bull Pull Date TBA
Posted on March 26, 2020 at 12:04:26 PM by Ben-GALOT

We had previously said we were going to run on May 21-22, 2021, but after getting more information it would be conflicting with a local pull so we will announce a different date in the near future.

Replies:
There have been no replies.

CP

Re: GALOT 2021 April 01, 2020 09:37AM
I heard a rumor today that all NTPA events are cancelled up to Hutch. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks

Re: GALOT 2021 April 01, 2020 09:54AM
That has been posted on the top of the page for couple weeks

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 01, 2020 01:36PM
Doc
How many people know why PPL was formed? Back in the day there was the Louisville rule. One of my favorites. In rule book laid out the penalty for competing in a NON Sanctioned NTPA event also stated this rule is not being enforced.

Doc, can you expand upon this a little?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 02, 2020 04:47AM
In late 80's and early 90's there was a penatly for hooking at non-sanctioned events. It was also the birth of the pre commit program so promoters would know who would be competing at their events. The Louisville Rule in the NTPA rulebook was a ban if you hooked at louisville. The wording was in the book with the addition of THIS RULE IS CURRENTLY NOT BEING ENFORCED. That was early 1990's.

Many more folks can shed more light on the birth of the PPL. ATPA didn't pay end of season points one year and Forrest and Charlotte Lucas formed a pulling group with a small staff that just had to work on putting on pulls. Marketing and keeping the lights on were not a worry for the PPL. The first drivers meeting of the new PPL was addressed by Mr. Lucas who said he had cut a check for points fund and he was going to pay that fund "again" but he would guarantee that PPL would pay the pullers and provide them a place to play. EVERYONE at that meeting was in full agreement and the PPL was launched.

The marketing efforts used the CORR model of having companies sponsor a TV based motor sport production. Signage and graphics were the cornerstone of the tv program. A number of sponsors could stroke a check to Lucas Oil Motorsports and their marketing/promotion efforts to be spread between pulling, boat racing, dirt tracks, off road racing and drag racing.

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 03, 2020 05:07AM
Ellsworth on June 13 still on schedule

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 03, 2020 06:07AM
Across the pond in the UK, both Wimbledon and the British Open golf tournament have been cancelled. Wimbledon is in late June/early July, and the British Open is in the 3rd week of July. This makes me ponder if over here in the US, we may not get going in July like several orgs have scheduled.

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 03, 2020 11:46AM
The thing that may be worse than being cancelled is to have an event, pay the purse as planned and have a sparse crowd and not as many sponsors as normal. Whenever things do get going again, there's a lot of people and businesses hurting financially who aren't going to have disposable income for things like county fairs and sporting events. I hope things start turning around soon, but right now I wouldn't bet a nickel on there being much tractor pulling this year.

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 03, 2020 12:00PM
Unfortunately I have to agree. I don't think just getting by the corvid 19 qaraentine will be the end of our problems. Getting our economy going again will take some time. Small businesses and some farming operations will not survive a long shutdown. Some of the ag industry is already operating on very slim margins, this will not help.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 03, 2020 11:41PM
I’m afraid you’re both right. I just seen that the Dragway 42 and Strawberry Pulloff events have been cancelled according to NTPA website. I’m sure there’s plenty more to come.

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 04, 2020 12:36AM
IL Ryan
The thing that may be worse than being cancelled is to have an event, pay the purse as planned and have a sparse crowd and not as many sponsors as normal.

Excellent point. This issue stills over into economics. Consumer demand. Even if infection numbers start to go down in June as we hope, COVID-19 will still be a threat to most of us. How many fans are going to want to risk getting COVID-19 in order to see any sporting event? And that risk of infection will be there all year until a vaccine comes out (hopefully in a year). With the economy taking a huge hit, I would think that most sponsors will be reluctant to write a big check. So why do all of the preliminary work for a pull that (A) you aren't sure your state government will allow it to take place and (Cool it's highly likely that profits will go down or you are going to lose money?

Could a pull take place without the fans with sponsors picking up the tab? Could a few events band together for a live stream package? Maybe a few "test and tune" style pulls with a pay to stream at home option?

Re: 2020 Pulling Season April 04, 2020 05:24AM
Sadly the way things are stacking up I see little to no tractor pulling for 2020.....In my area even though things aren't that bad yet,no social gatherings larger than 10 are allowed and only essential travel is allowed..This ban will likely will be on for a long time....A few are saying this Covid-19 thing could last 12-18 months..No one really knows..

As mentioned if a pull were to be held in 2020 sponsors and a crowd will be hard to get...This could last in to the 2021 season as well..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,570, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,834.

Our newest member BadHabit2