cancelling pulls April 12, 2020 09:41AM
I see a few fairs in Illinois are pulling the pin for 2020 taking the pulls with them. Also, The whole Italian pull schedule has been wiped out for this year And last but not least so far, The Euro cup pulls are all cancelled for 2020. We can thank Communist China for all this! Time to wise up and stop doing business this country! I would go one step further and cancel all flights to and from this country until they shut down all their "wet" markets and eating of vermin, bats etc.
I am sure most of our pulls here in the midwest will be called off because of this crap. Time to sink China is now!!

Re: cancelling pulls April 12, 2020 10:20AM
What Illinois pulls have cancelled in 2020?

Re: cancelling pulls April 12, 2020 10:43AM
The june pull in Decatur is one. and another one i forget.

Re: cancelling pulls April 12, 2020 03:06PM
Stop doing business with them, vote every last stinking one of their communist operatives out of our government & there's a bunch, purge our education system of their anti capitalist curriculum & then send them the bill for the depression we may end up with over this. Start by nullifying all the T bills they own then freeze all China owned assets inside our borders & then see where we are. Oh they won't buy grain ? Too bad. We could subsidize grain at profitable levels for here to eternity for a fraction of the 2 trillion we supposedly pulled out of thin air. Maybe start by building a real strategic grain reserve amongst other things. And the so called American companies who built them up with American money. They can have em. Lessons learned I hope!

Re: cancelling pulls April 13, 2020 04:47PM
According to Univ. of Michigan at Ann Arbor current policy of everyone in attendance there, 2 of the 3 of you in this thread above, certainly are labeled with unacceptable and intolerable "hate".

Re: cancelling pulls April 14, 2020 02:33PM
Watched lots of interviews tonight including with the governor of Ohio. No sports are likely to take place during 2020.

Tractor pulling likely won’t happen this year,

Re: cancelling pulls April 15, 2020 01:19AM
Robert Alves
Watched lots of interviews tonight including with the governor of Ohio. No sports are likely to take place during 2020.

Tractor pulling likely won’t happen this year,

I hate to say it but I think that you are right..Most state governors aren't going to allow large crowds to gather this year...I read where a Doctor Immanuel is even pushing for no sports gatherings in 2021...This is turning in to quite the mess thanks to China.

Re: cancelling pulls April 15, 2020 01:59AM
The doctor you refer to is the brother of Rahm, former US AG and mayor of Chicago.

Re: cancelling pulls April 15, 2020 02:51AM
Never let a crisis go to waste. Winking

Re: cancelling pulls April 13, 2020 05:28PM
In one sentence you talk about Anti-Capitalism being taught in our schools, then in the next sentence you think Chinese businesses in this country should have their assets frozen by our government, which would be an Anti-Capitalist procedure.

Re: cancelling pulls April 14, 2020 01:51PM
I was thinking of it as more of a collection for damages. But don't fret, we all know absolutely nothing will be done to upset our good friends ,the Chinese Communist Government.

Differing rules by state April 15, 2020 03:41AM
Beyond promoters losing sponsors and the willingness of fairgrounds to allow use of their facilities, there is a possible travel issue at play.

One thing that could make it impossible to have a circuit would be different travel advisory rules by state. Using NTPA as an example, if Iowa is mostly over the virus while Michigan is still dealing with it, a GN pull in Rockwell, for example, may be allowed to go on, but any pre-committed pullers from Michigan would be possibly violating their own state's travel guidelines.

I could see a non-points scenario if a few states in a given region were opened up, but if the states are a different patchwork of travel guidelines, the pullers could still choose to travel, but how many realistically would? In Indiana, the Governor has said police would not pull over drivers for simply driving on Indiana roads. If that gets more strict, or a trooper in another state with a restrictive travel advisory sees a hauler with "XYZ Motorsports" on it, would the trooper have grounds to pull over a driver if he suspects it's on the road for whatever their state deems "non-essential" travel?

Re: Differing rules by state April 15, 2020 03:52AM
making up scenarios is useless, wait and see, all the falsehoods in the mix now makes no sense, numbers mean nothing, facts are only good after time shows the outcome, look what NY did yesterday, most deaths from anything are being put in the wrong column for now, rediculose.Time cures all.

Re: Differing rules by state April 15, 2020 04:59AM
Heard that Indiana was supposed to make a decision this week if they were going to allow county fairs this year. Has anyone heard anything about it?

Re: Differing rules by state April 15, 2020 05:29AM
I saw where Wayne County (Richmond) in Indiana has canceled their fair. I would assume the HSTPA pull would be gone with it.

Re: Differing rules by state April 18, 2020 11:24AM
just wish people would stop watching the news. So much bs has been put out there that’s not even close to being the truth. Do a little research and maybe it will sink into some of you hard headed media followers. If you can’t see the writing on the wall ur oblivious. This “virus” is nothing like it’s being put out there it’s not overwhelming hospitals it’s not spiking even close to the project numbers it’s not what it’s hyped to be. Yes it’s not good for some people to be in contact with it but neither is the flu or h1n1 or any other virus. Know a lot of folk in the medical field all of which are sitting in Different areas of the eastern US most of which say this is nothing more than a few days and it’s passed thru your body. Approx 98-99% of people are not even brought into or requiring medical treatment and are told to stay at home. On stated their hospital is operating in a “hot” spot and literally have 10% of their icu/ventilators in use and most of those are not covid. The number of deaths are being falsely reported every day along with the number of cases!!! This from a dr in Michigan who’s also a state rep I believe was on fox and gave the example of a person in a vehicle crash has a collapsed lung and cpr and such is in progress person arrives in hospital from the scene and dies moments later however blood was pulled and later test positive for covid he is required to list that as a causes of death!? He was not at all in agreement with that stated it shoudnt even be on the death certificate since it wasn’t cause of it. But there’s so much political bs behind all these worthless Democratic governors it’s sicking. Open the country back up and let’s get back to normal. If ur scared stay home let the rest of us go about our lives instead of letting us look like a third world country with government controlling our every move. Will he interesting also to see how Norwalk speedway does after the post that they will be racing in 2020 and has plans to release the schedule In upcoming week. It’s time to stand up to the BS and not allow it to continue backward or we will fail as a country. End rant.

Re: cancelling pulls April 15, 2020 07:49AM
indiana fairs are closed untill june 30 as of now

Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 02:48AM
First PPL event to get the axe

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 05:02AM
Tomah will be next then for sure, just not right.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 05:04AM
Was told by May 1st they were going to make a decision.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 10:24AM
It's becoming painfully obvious they intend to drag this out till 1 of 2 things happen. Either whatever number the powers that be determine sufficient, are now totally dependent upon the government. Or the people say ENOUGH. We are opening our buisines, our livelihood, & taking our lives back. I found it telling when the governor of New York just casually stated at one of his nationally televised news conferences " We may not go back to normal". Few seemed to be alarmed. Pulls, fairs,& most everything else the government has decided for you are non essential will remain closed/canceled.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 01:23PM
My mom and dad is 70 and 74 i have asma if i go to a tractor pull and catch this stuff from some one who has this catch it and die or give it to one or both of my parents they die was a tractor pull ,ball game ,car race or anything else like that essential .The whole world has been shutdown because of this and yes only the week will die but some including myself would like to keep the week around a little longer .I WOULD SAY PISS ON A TRACTOR PULL

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 05:22PM
I assume you aren't going to go to the grocery store all summer either! Guess they'll have to die of starvation!

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 12:47AM
Fan 2
I assume you aren't going to go to the grocery store all summer either! Guess they'll have to die of starvation!

Going to a grocery store is not the same as sitting in a packed grandstand. You know this, right?

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 01:21AM
Evidently you don't live in the city or close to one! The stores I went in last weekend you were lucky to find a shopping cart (actually had to wait on one in one store) and it was bumper to bumper in the isles!! So tell me all about it!

Tractor pulls are outdoors with wind blowing most of the time in the summer.

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".

What are you afraid of? To die? Well hate to tell you but you're going to anyway, so the key is being ready to meet the Lord any time! (Hebrews 9:27)

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both body and soul in hell".

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 04:53AM
Fan 2
Evidently you don't live in the city or close to one! The stores I went in last weekend you were lucky to find a shopping cart (actually had to wait on one in one store) and it was bumper to bumper in the isles!! So tell me all about it!

Tractor pulls are outdoors with wind blowing most of the time in the summer.

2 Timothy 1:7 "For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind".

What are you afraid of? To die? Well hate to tell you but you're going to anyway, so the key is being ready to meet the Lord any time! (Hebrews 9:27)

Matthew 10:28 "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both body and soul in hell".

You went to the grocery store and saw a bunch of people not following the rules, so we should all do that?

The scripture you quoted says we should all go out and spread this virus to everyone all at once?

The wind wont spread the virus?

We are not trying to keep people from getting the virus, we are all likely to get it.
We are trying to keep everyone from getting it at the same time.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 03:24PM
11.7 million people in Ohio. 434 deaths. Do the math on that and tell me why I should live in fear! It doesn't even register as a percentage! Thats worth killing the economy of the whole state over? And you know if it's a head on collision they're calling that a Covid-19 fatality.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 01:05AM
Fan 2
11.7 million people in Ohio. 434 deaths. Do the math on that and tell me why I should live in fear! It doesn't even register as a percentage! Thats worth killing the economy of the whole state over? And you know if it's a head on collision they're calling that a Covid-19 fatality.

NYC is an example of what happens if you do not follow the measures Ohio has. In the U.S., we have 4% of the world population and 30% of the known cases.

I'm a conservative Republican, but I don't give two sh*ts about how much money the Koch Bros. and other energy companies are losing. That's the difference between me and the politicians & media opinion manipulators I guess. Therefore, I am not buying into the FLOOD of propaganda that is out there influencing us to downplay the real life threat of the virus. Yes, it's bad for the economy, but as President Trump said we have to be smart about it. Most people are not going to just through caution to the wind and resume normal activities anyway. We are in a recession and it will likely stay that way for a while.

It will get worse if we are stupid about it and quoting Scripture won't help.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 01:39AM
The initial goal was to flatten the curve so we don't overwhelm the health care system. We've done a good job keeping the heath care system above water. There are some parts of the economy and some parts of the country where certain restrictions can be lifted or lowered. However, I think it's a terrible idea to just go back to normal, but I also think it's crazy to continue to hold steady or possibly tighten restrictions if hospitalizations aren't a major problem. We need to use common sense and continue to monitor the data and find ways to get some portions of our society running again. Businesses should be coming up with plans to safeguard workers through social distancing, temperature checks, masks, limiting capacity, etc... and then be allowed to reopen once they have policies in place. Then we need to closely monitor the situation, if numbers of hospitalization begin to climb again then we need to address things with incremental measures. We need to change our focus from rate of infections to rate of hospitalizations. That's the true metric that matters right now. It's the metric that keeps us clearly focused on the safe middle ground. I'm not saying infections don't matter anymore, they should be still monitored closely, especially in areas like our food service and food processing industries, but we need to focus on what matters, hospitals and heath care systems and their capacity to function.

If we continue this lock-down we'll have a revolt, and we'll have people dying because we've collapsed everything or we'll have marshal law to deal with the protesters.
If we simply reopen everything we'll allow this to spread like wildfire and we risk the potential to destroy our health care system, and then other systems will follow.

Why is the middle ground so hard to find in this country anymore?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 01:51AM
two words...."social media"....quite easy now to find an opinion that you want to agree with? In the past you had traveling road shows that came to town? people either listened to them or ran them out of town..I dont know how this thing will finally play out? but we can be certain there will be many history books wrote detailing this carnival

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 02:36AM
Spot on Jake

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 09:34AM
Jake Morgan
We need to use common sense and continue to monitor the data and find ways to get some portions of our society running again.

If we continue this lock-down we'll have a revolt, and we'll have people dying because we've collapsed everything or we'll have marshal law to deal with the protesters.
If we simply reopen everything we'll allow this to spread like wildfire and we risk the potential to destroy our health care system, and then other systems will follow.

There is the problem, politicians and government leaders do not have an abundance of common sense.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 10:12PM
Jake Morgan

jim
two words...."social media"

It's even more simple than that. One word: Me
Everything is about me in this country. It all boils down to entitlement and how is this going to benefit me?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 02:22AM
I'm afraid the propaganda is coming the other way. They've changed their "models" how many times? Down I might add! Did you do the math I gave you or just spout off?

New York is a cesspool that "invites everyone" according to it's governor, so pay for you own problems and don't compare the rest of the country to that filthy place.

As for the scripture that's got you do upset, it is a simple truth that you will die and stand before God and give an account of your record, before him!! That is a much bigger problem than this overblown virus if you're not saved and ready to meet him, and I hope you are!

If you're saved and know him, what are you so afraid of? And please don't give me this gas about "caring for each other" and "loving your fellow man". They're letting criminals out of jail that shouldn't be let out. I suppose Dewine and Coumo are doing that because they "care" about you? Somebody is being duped, I think it's the citizenry!

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 01:27PM
Lewis, Then stay home, But if I want to go the pull, Then, damit, That is my RIGHT!! Tired of other people forcing their crap down other peoples throats!!!

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 01:57PM
plb
Lewis, Then stay home, But if I want to go the pull, Then, damit, That is my RIGHT!! Tired of other people forcing their crap down other peoples throats!!!

For the sake of argument, would you be okay with one of your parents (or one of your children) dying because you wanted to go to a pull?

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 02:19PM
For all the rugged individualists that want to do whatever THEY want, in the name of freedom, fake patriotism, the consititution, "Murica!" or whatver...

I say let them go. Just sign a waiver saying no healthcare for you. You get "tha rona", good luck toughing it out in your own bedroom.

Seems fair enough.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 02:50PM
Your rights end when you put other people in danger. If everyone at a event could be tested then have the event, but that seems to be a long way off and not realistic as of now. When rapid testing, contact tracing, treatments, and a vaccine are available nonessential large gatherings will happen. So for now cross your fingers that the US gets it done by summer, but if not stay healthy be smart on things you do, and get ready for the 2021 season, 2020 not likely.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 04:41PM
Wow. Do some understand that this goes way beyond a tractor pull ? People, a lot of people , who worked years building buisiness'. Hired their neighbors. Pay taxes. Pull their weight & support their families are on the verge of losing everything. A stop gap rescue plan of unfathomable size is already out of money. The great thing about freedom is making your own choices. Nobody is talking about forcing anybody to go to the fair, go out to eat, get a haircut, go fishing or anything else you feel is of unacceptable risk based on your age, health , or personal circumstance. Are millions of your fellow citizens supposed to lose everything until every last case of this latest gift from China has been eradicated ? What do we do when the next version arrives ? Trust our government to pick who survives & who does not ? How are they doing so far ? Let's see . Michigan has decided it' s risky & unessitinal to grow your own food, go catch fish to eat on an open lake or mow your yard.. But it's much less risky & more esential to buy lottery tickets & alchohol. That's the rationale you get from government. And please cut the hypothetical & "macho" comments. Nobody wants to die from this, a traffic accident, a farm accident, or a meteor falling on their head. But there is just a certain amount of risk in living. Opening my shop that no one is forced to patronize is not endangering man kind. Driving my car 100 mph down a busy street would be.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 02:16PM
Would I promote a pull in 2020 ? Well the possible result as I see it range from going broke, to being sued, to being jailed, so the obvious answer is NO ! In case no one has noticed it is illegal to attend a church service in most of the nation right now. Even sitting in your personal vehicle on private property. Earlier in the week I watched film of a group of government agents (police) handcuff a father playing with his child in a Colorado park. It's hard to believe anyone is thinking about pulling in 2020. The real question. should be will there be pulling in the years ahead. Communist China has attacked our country, in their own sneaky way.Their like minded operatives within our government are out in force. They have taken apx 30% of the peoples ability to earn a living away from them. Virtually overnight. They have sent us what amounts to a dirty bomb. Now maybe Nancy Pelosi is going to ride in on her white horse or private jet, bring our hard working congress back from spring break & put everything back the way it was, but I think the puller will stay parked till then.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 02:54PM
Pib answer John Murrys question if you got big enough cajones balls

Re: Tampico cancelled April 17, 2020 02:58PM
What a stupid socialist comment, diesel smoke. Since when do you care who or what my insurance provider pays for anything? You are not paying the bills.

We could apply that same logic to the drunks that kill or injure people by drinking and driving (even coming home from tractor pulls), or drinking and creating a domestic dispute that that requires first responders, but I don't see you crying for prohibition!

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” - Benjamin Franklin

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 01:20AM
Groundpounder, since you can't tell the difference between this and a drunk driver, I'll explain it to you.

I would gladly welcome prohibition, if it was clearly shown that you could hit 100 people on your drunk driving tour, and 10 of them died.

At that point, the trail of carnage you left behind is so widespread that you now lose your rights. Too darn bad. Oh you have to stay home for a while? Oh, so terrible.

Human selfishness (which a lot of Americans disguise as "exercising my RIGHTS") is the root of a ton of evil.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 03:17AM
Wow, I thought this was about tractor pulling. This was a decent topic till everyone grabbed the soap box, Thanks guys it would be nice to talk pulling on here.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 04:55AM
3 Foot Willie
Wow, I thought this was about tractor pulling. This was a decent topic till everyone grabbed the soap box, Thanks guys it would be nice to talk pulling on here.

Soap is very important right now, everyone already had the soap box in there hand.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 08:28AM
3 Foot Willie

The OP was about "We can thank Communist China for all this! " And "Time to sink China is now!!"

Then it wandered into a discussion about a very tough subject,

We need to get back to work or our economy is going to crash, and we need to control the spread of this virus or it is going to kill 30% of the people that drive the economy.
The people trying to make these decisions are between a rock and a hard place, and a lot of people think we should just let people die.
The problem is around 30% of the US population is over 50, and as much as 50% of the population have some type of coronary condition.
Our government is trying to do whats best for everyone, and in doing that they that cant please anyone.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 12:51AM
plb

You have a "right" to go to a tractor pull? The government can force you to do or not do all sorts of things. There are still plenty of Vietnam vets around who could explain this to you.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 02:05AM
Insurance rates are high because people that make poor choices and want help for a scratch or little sniffle,we have become a very weak people, not much natural immunity from over use of pills, meds, drugs, pharmaceuticals and stuff people inject,ingest and inhale.Monet drives every thing and all actions in a social environment effect others,Political correctness is the ruin of most freedoms.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 02:36AM
Some of you are missing the point i was trying make, To much govt control and to much govt is bad, We are losing our freedoms little by little. Some of these govt officials don`t know squat and we have to do what they say?? Some push back is needed from time to time.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 02:56AM
plb
Some of you are missing the point i was trying make, To much govt control and to much govt is bad, We are losing our freedoms little by little. Some of these govt officials don`t know squat and we have to do what they say?? Some push back is needed from time to time.

Your point was you want promoters to take unnecessary risks to put on a tractor pull for your personal entertainment.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 03:37AM
I see some of you idiots are just to dense to get it. Go back to your safe place and grab a stuffed animal and a coloring book.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 03:10AM
^^^ Numbers....BINGO

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 03:34AM
Can you say -- wait for it, ----------"ENTITILED"

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 09:51AM
The thing that most people are ignoring are the financial aspects;

1) How much money does it take to hold a pull at a place like Bowling Green? $250,000 ?

2) How much money goes to premiums? $50,000 ?

3) How many people does it take to run the pull? Track officials, parking attendants, food vendors, ticket sales etc? 100 ?

4) How much money do sponsors contribute? $100,000 ?

5) How many seats have to be sold to cover the rest of the expenses? 10,000 ?

Are pullers willing to surrender the premiums if the promoter doesn't make money?

Are pullers willing to do the dirty work if the help doesn't show?

Are pullers willing to contribute more money if the promoter loses money on the event?

Are pullers willing to pay for the expenses if the promoter is forced to cancel an event by executive order?

If I were a promoter, with all of these risks that are well in excess of normal risks, I would not be sticking my neck out.

You can complain about the politics and whether the pandemic is real all that you want but the financial risk for the promoter is real.

Flame away

Rich

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 10:29AM
RCP, I get it, some don`t have a clue. I fully expect a bunch of pulls to cancel this season for the reasons you give and the china virus too. Talking to a friend from Holland, He says they are done until at least September, pretty much wipes out this summer for them.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 10:44AM
Why should a puller make up if a promoter looses money---- ive yet to see a promoter offer let alone pay for any breakage on a pulling vehicle, thats crazy to even consider asking pullers to make up the difference.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 10:57AM
It's a rhetorical question. The answer is no a puller is not going to chip in... meaning ALL the risk is on the promoter. The last sentence says "the financial risk for the promoter is real."

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:07AM
SEEMS TO ME THAT THE PROMOTER INVESTS IN PUTTING ON THE PULL TO MAKE MONEY, THAT DOES NOT come into play for the person building a 2-3- 4 thousand $ unit and then having to travel, have support and pay pay PAY, no one cares or worries about that. yes we choose to do those things, just like all choices in Life, reasons, mistakes, miscalculations and weather and China and many more, all part of the thingee called Life, anyone want to opt out now.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:17AM
Pullers pull for different reasons, some love to build and design and then see if their ideas work, some are just paying lots of money because they love going down the track, the thrill of hooking. The thrill of handling all that power. Sure earning a check is nice but I don't think that what drives most pullers. Their payoff IS the run down the track, a check is just icing on the cake.

The Promoter is doing it purely to make money. How many promoter will keep an event to lose money year after year? None. If the risk is too high or no money is to be made then I don't think there's any other real thrill to host an event.

That's the difference.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2020 12:13PM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:06AM
?
Why should a puller make up if a promoter looses money---- ive yet to see a promoter offer let alone pay for any breakage on a pulling vehicle, thats crazy to even consider asking pullers to make up the difference.

From what I heard most of the pullers that pulled at the March Cowtown pull in Kansas City told the promoters they didnt want their prize money..

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:40AM
They probably did, but i guarantee they don't do it at every hook year end an year out, i busted a motor and rearend last year and quit standing at the mailbox waiting for a check from the promoter to fix it back !!!

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:46AM
That explains why they have yet to send me a check. Maybe some others told them that, but not me. I need the money.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:48AM
What do you mean by Premiums ?

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 11:56AM
You guys are getting caught up in the weeds with little details. The point of RCP's entire post is that it's a huge risk for the promoter to take this summer. It's an extremely risking proposition and the promoter bears all that risk. Events will cancel because of the increased risk and the uncertainty of fans and the lack of sponsors and potentially volunteers... even if things slowly start to get better and the ban on mass gatherings is lifted.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 12:21PM
we can all argue, -- but at the end of the day, both groups need each other, period.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 12:55PM
I'm not sure what we're arguing about, I don't even see an argument, just explanations, I'm not arguing with anyone (at least not that I know of) Where's the argument part of the discussion? You think pullers are important, well so do I.

Sure promoters and pullers need each other but for the sport to be successful it needs fans too. Sanctioning bodies play a part too but I'll put them in the non-essential workers category for now. They are all part of the equation.

Let's just look at 2020 vs 2019:
  • Puller: There's almost no increased risk for pullers compared to last season (they have an increased risk from the virus but they could stay the whole event in their haulers and minimize that risk). They have the same expenses, same travel, same chance of breaking, same everything compared to last season. So the puller has pretty much the exact same risk that they had in 2019.
  • Fans: They have a slightly greater risk than the pullers because they sit shoulder to shoulder with a bunch of strangers from who knows where. Sitting next to people for hours and breathing all over each other may not be as comfortable for many. Their risk has increased a fair amount compared to 2019. For some it may keep them from attending events.
  • Promoter: They have the greatest increase in risk compared to last year. They know that some fans will be scared and that will hurt their numbers. They know that some workers will be scared and that will hurt their volunteers. They know that the government could shut them down at any point and they could loose ALL their investment in advertising and sled and facility rentals. They know that some sponsors might be hurting and not sponsor the event and some may even pull out at the last minute because they just can't afford it. The promoter has a huge increase in risk compared to any other group. 2019's risk was nothing compared to 2020. That risk may keep events from happening even if we get the "all clear" signal.

Compared to last season the promoter has had the largest increase in risk. That's the issue that RCP was making.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 12:49PM
You guys are getting caught up in the weeds with little details. The point of RCP's entire post is that it's a huge risk for the promoter to take this summer. It's an extremely risking proposition and the promoter bears all that risk. Events will cancel because of the increased risk and the uncertainty of fans and the lack of sponsors and potentially volunteers... even if things slowly start to get better and the ban on mass gatherings is lifted.

Thanks Jake, that is exactly the point, whether it is a promoter or a local fairboard, there is a high risk they will loose significant money if they sponsor a pull and no one shows up, the sooner they cancel the less money they loose, however there is a possibility of a big payday if they gamble and win.

So would you promote a pull?

If it was your money what would you do?

How would you manage the financial risk?

Rich

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 01:06PM
I usually try not to speak for other people (I don't want to accidentally misrepresent what someone said) but you had such an excellent post and some people seemed to be missing the point. Thanks for the awesome well written and well thought out post. It really put the promoters perspective in clear focus.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 01:09PM
I was talking to a promoter last week and he said if you take a sheet of paper and on the left hand side put all of the upside of having a pull this year and on the right hand side of the paper you put all of the downside of having a pull this year the downside far far outweighs the upside of having a show in 2020. He did not say that he was not going to have a pull, rather that the risk is higher than he has ever seen before.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 01:31PM
I think some great points have been made about the risks promoters are facing this year. I also think one point to consider as well would be the strain we might be placing on local communities. Our group that promotes our pull is definitely aware of the burden we might be putting on small businesses when we go to ask for sponsorship. Businesses want to be active in the community and support local events, and I know from conversations I'm having with our sponsors, they still want to be involved and help, and some may even stretch themselves even more to try and support the community, but as promoters, we must also remember we live in these communities as well, we may well have a responsibility to the businesses of the community to not ask for as much, or any money for sponsorship this year.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 18, 2020 04:04PM
I really don' t see why we are speculating on what promoters will do or not do. The GOVERNMENT will decide . They have suspended your right to gather & worship your maker. Even sitting in your own vehicle on church property. Even if observing all these so called distancing mandates. Maybe the most fundamental guarantee of our constitution has been deemed " non essential". Your Governor, mayer, prosecuter, police chief will be deciding that.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 12:34AM
We're talking about IF the restrictions are lifted or eased by summer. Obviously if they're not then there's no pulling.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 04:32AM
My area was having trouble getting crowds even before this mess happened...If I were a promoter at a state or national level I'd dont think that I would want to even try a pull this year as it would probably be a financial disaster..I as a puller would gladly hook for no prize money this year just to get a few hooks in close to home..Hopefully in some states,we can see a few brush pulls later this year

There are two types of people in my area...Those that are scared to death and will barely leave their homes the rest of the year..Then theres the rest of us that cant wait for this to all end so that we can get back to living and pulling..

Of course if the governors dont lift the bans on crowd size, then there will be no pulls in 2020..Even pulls in 2021 will face problems..

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 09:55AM
Point taken. I should have been clearer. From what I'm seeing the natives are getting restless. The government is going to have to throw them a small bone. (Phase 1.) Apparently in Texas that is allowing curb side pickup at some closed business. A really small bone! It appears large gatherings will be the last thing allowed. Judging from what we saw in negotions for the big rescue plan , same day registration & a mail in election seemed to be a big priority of the socialist leaning party. So I expect an all out dog fight to keep the gathering ban on till the fall elections to force no in person voting. Whoever ends up prevailing, that is November, well past pulling season. Add that to the liability concerns ,economic fallout,& just plain old risk aversion of promoters & spectators alike & my opinion is maybe the conversation should turn to the future if not outright survival of the different organizations. But it's April. Much can change & has changed.

Re: Tampico cancelled April 19, 2020 01:25PM
Two of our local small fairs have cancelled for this year, they were both scheduled for July of 2020.

Rich

Re: cancelling pulls April 19, 2020 02:43AM
You seriously need the purse money?? If anyone is into pulling to pay the bills they are pi**ing up a rope... Many of farms have been lost to blowing black smoke.

Re: cancelling pulls April 20, 2020 12:40AM
I know some are trying to be optimistic and I respect that but with all that I've heard and read it is unlikely that there will be any pulling worth mentioning in 2020. Especially after reading Sasha's comments. I believe the restaurants and bars will open and we will all be back to work but I believe the large gatherings (fairs, pulls, concerts) will be off the table. I could see a late season non sanctioned pull or two happening but that's it. We camp every year at Tomah and have a blast. It will be missed.

Re: cancelling pulls April 20, 2020 05:02AM
Some could challenge if this is on topic or not but what has really changed in our current world. Looking back at history there have been times of great loss of life due to illnesses but did the world just shut down? No it didn't. Now what did they do? They isolated the sick and left the healthy to continue on providing. What are we doing now? We are isolating the healthy and risking everything that was fought for to appease the ones that are not on the front line.

Re: cancelling pulls April 20, 2020 06:38AM
What pulls are canceled in Wisconsin ? ?

Town or event ?

Date ?

Thanx

Re: cancelling pulls April 26, 2020 03:57AM
Cancelled Pulls: NEW-Motorsports (So far) This is all around North Eastern Wis

Test and Tune May 16 at Colins

Cedar Valley Campground Sat May 23

Mishicot Sat June 6

Thunder on the Ledge (Greenleaf) Fri June 12

Stanley Sat June 13

*I suspect in the coming weeks will be Mackville will be the next one as the virus numbers around the Green Bay-Fox Valley area are spiking currently due to large numbers of employees at local meat packing plants are testing positive. The current order from our Gov. stated no relax in the Stay at Home orders until there's 14 days of sustained drop in cases, we haven't stopped going up yet as of April 26.

Looks like we are staying in some form of lockdown in Wis well into June.

Red712

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/26/2020 09:43AM by red712.

Re: cancelling pulls May 01, 2020 05:17AM
Mackville Nationals has been cancelled as of this mornings Facebook Announcement.

Re: cancelling pulls April 20, 2020 11:44AM
New York (mainly NYC) and New Jersey have accounted for over half of the Covid 19 deaths in the US..We need to keep them shut down for quite awhile and then try and open up most of the rest of the US in the next month or so....The longer we wait the worse the financial damage will be..

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled April 25, 2020 06:08AM
Another festival canceled for 2020, Deerfield, WI, fireman's festival. they always have a ton of pulling all weekend. Thanks China....

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 05:11AM
Well, There goes Tomah for this year!! Thanks China you bastards!!!

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 05:53AM
Blame China all you want, but we were not prepared. The world is a dangerous place and for us to believe that everyone will behave is naive. Regan used to say, "Trust, but Verify". Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Truman said, "The buck stops here".

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 06:11AM
we have allowed this china situation for years and when someone tightened the reins, well, as for pulling how many sled owners carrying debt for sleds are going to weather this storm. I hope most of those guys are in good shape but this can't help the bottom line.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 06:34AM
America's way to over spend and think nothing about tomorrow or savings, - the old adage says "ALL GOOD THINGS COME TO AN END".

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 08:59AM
Mike P
Blame China all you want, but we were not prepared. The world is a dangerous place and for us to believe that everyone will behave is naive. Regan used to say, "Trust, but Verify". Teddy Roosevelt said, "Speak softly, but carry a big stick". Truman said, "The buck stops here".

Cant really blame China at all, China didn't give us this virus, they gave themselves this virus, we went over and picked it up and brought it home ourselves.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 10:09AM
Maybe, but they certainly lied about it and bought up all the PPE in the world while denying it was a problem.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 10:18AM
China makes all the PPE in the world. I have a friend there that I used to work with. Way back in March, before any of us were freaking out, he sent me a box of N95 masks (200pc) and told me I would be needing them for me and my family.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 10:54AM
Paying more for products made here doesn’t sound so bad now does it and would have been a whole lot cheaper than the mess we’re in now but no we couldn’t find any one who would work before and those same bums are going about there business like nothing happened while the workers are laid off and not getting they’re unemployment checks sounds bass ackwards to me
I’ve turned down more work in the last ten years than I could think about doing just because I couldn’t find help
Time for a change

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 28, 2020 01:35PM
YES generations raised up drawing checks and having several kids drawing checks on them until they get old enough to draw one there self to many bullshitt free loading checks fry your brain on drugs bear or what ever file and get a check .If it wasnt for Mexicans coming in and doing the work the lazy ass USA would be done

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! May 03, 2020 11:56PM
Dirtfarmer
Maybe, but they certainly lied about it and bought up all the PPE in the world while denying it was a problem.

Reminds me of the Senators who lied that it wasn't a problem and sold all of their stock.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 29, 2020 03:02AM
Can't blame China at all ? I assume you're being facetious. Yes, it started in Wuhan China. China responded by shutting down flights from Wuhan to other parts of China, while allowing flights to the rest of the world to continue. Becoming furious with New Zealand for refusing to allow 12,000 college students bound from China into New Zealand back the first of Feb, thus saving themselves. They had their mouthpieces, the World Health Organization, Gates Foundation, & others stating it could not transfer person to person. A lie. All along vacuuming up all the p.p.e. they could get their hands on. And how did this " for the greater good" government tamp it down in Wuhan when the rest of the world has struggled ? Well not much truthful information escapes these " for the greater good " (communist) countries, but many reports of government health officials going door to door taking temperatures & god help you & any family members if you had one. People were either wisked off to containment facilities, to never be heard from again, or literally locked in their apartments where entire families were later found dead, some from starvation. It may or may not have escaped accidentally, but it is without question they took advantage of the situation once it did.

Re: cancelling pulls/ another pull canceled/TOMAH now! April 29, 2020 05:29AM
If this was developed by China for some kind of defense warfare --- wouldn't you think that an antidote was created to, just saying !!! Its sure screwed up alot of things very quickly !!!!

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! even more!! May 01, 2020 05:23AM
Mackvile nats Gone, Hillsboro, Gone! Dropping like flies now!! Damn China!!!

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! even more!! May 01, 2020 06:19AM
KTPAs first 2 pulls cancelled, June 5th & 6th !!!

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! even more!! May 01, 2020 06:57AM
Evil minds create dangerous things, Evil people are just that.What would you expect, candy.

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! even more!! May 01, 2020 10:10AM
What will be different in July or August that isn't a concern now?

I would expect most, if not all, tractor pulls to be cancelled this year.

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! even more!! May 01, 2020 10:47AM
Why would any promoter want to bring in people or competitors from outside there local area until there is a treatment? How many competitors will even attend to put on the show?

Re: cancelling pulls/TOMAH now! Ellesworth Wi gone May 09, 2020 09:58AM
Ellsworth gone now, The PPL pull in Farley Iowa, moved to August. Looking like no Pulling til July around here. Thanks Communist CHINA!!!

Re: cancelling pulls/Edgerton Badger state, Wi gone May 22, 2020 12:43PM
FFA Alumni cancelled the long running Fathers day Pull for 2020. There have been more small festivals and such that have pulled the pin here in Wisconsin. Rite, now first pull wont happen until at least July. Total BS!! I dislike china more all the time!!!! l

Re: cancelling pulls, Badger State Pullers Pull the plug for 2020!! June 03, 2020 01:26PM
Badger State Tractor Pullers Have cancelled ALL of their events for 2020!!! That will mess up some remaining events that have not cancelled their BSTP sanctioned pull.

Re: cancelling pulls, Badger State Pullers Pull the plug for 2020!! June 04, 2020 12:20AM
What most people don't understand that the virus is here, and will be . Now we made a decision , based on what we know now, instead of what if's or what could be. Right now Wisconsin is allowing 50 people max for a gathering. When will this change , no one knows. Illinois is at 10 or stage 3 . Stage 4 allows only 50 and stage 5 is open with a vaccine found. Kinda makes it hard to get pulls in with no spectators. And promoters didn't want a half assed show with the chance of no income to put on a 2021 show . This year will be one for the record books . Stay safe everyone . Some where there will be pulls .

David Runkle class rep for Badger State LLSS class. 815-821-4686

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/04/2020 01:24AM by David Runkle(earls dream).

Re: cancelling pulls, Badger State Pullers Pull the plug for 2020!! June 04, 2020 05:45AM
The allowed number of people for Wisconsin is up to the county health officials to decide on how many are allowed to gather. I say this as I've been going to dirt track races the last few weeks with a few thousand people in attendance. With that said, I don't have anything against the decision that BSTP made. It's a wise decision even though it's one that I wish didn't have to happen. Let's just hope that 2021 will be one of the biggest years yet!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: cancelling pulls, Badger State Pullers Pull the plug for 2020!! June 04, 2020 11:29AM
Tennessee this next weekend, large turnout expected, load up and take everyone with you !!!

Re: cancelling pulls, IPA not looking good!! June 05, 2020 11:36AM
IPA Is losing pulls almost daily now, Illinois pulling will be toast for 2020. ITPA in same boat. SAD.

Re: cancelling pulls, Bowing Green is now Toast!!! June 17, 2020 01:57PM
The CHINA virus takes its toll on BG now. China needs to be knocked down a few rungs, They have really raised hell on the globe with this crap and should PAY!!!

this is all political BS May 05, 2020 01:12AM
Tomah is arguably the largest motor sport event the state of Wisconsin has every year. The fact that it was canceled two months in advance the EXACT same day that Dr. Fauci said there was still a possibility the democratic national convention could still be held is an absolute joke. Two weeks ago Republican protestors protested the governors stay at home orders and the democrats went nuts claiming how many new cases were going to spread because of the protests and now the DNC convention could possibly still happen? If it was the republican national convention it would have been canceled in March NO questions asked but NO the governor wants all the infected, covid-19 carrying people from Chicago back in this state. The exact same people who were in the state in March when the governor didn’t close state parks and people from south of the border were coming up for FREE and governor Evers said “we can’t have that in this state” so then he closed The parks. The fact that he himself has not canceled the convention clearly states that this is just a political push than anything and nobody can argue any different.

Re: this is all political BS May 05, 2020 02:27AM
We also had an election here in Wisconsin last month. The only state in the country that had an election in April. Because the Republicans in this state care about our safety so much. Just glad it backfired in them. Funny how the projected death toll has doubled in the last few days since states are starting to open up again. How many people do you think would actually go to tomah right now? How many people would actually sell tickets and beer at tomah right now?

Re: this is all political BS May 05, 2020 02:33AM
Get your facts straight. Governor Evers said in March when he shut the state down that the election would go on as planned. He was asked the next day and echoed his very own statement.......say what you want but HE himself wanted it first......only after mounting pressure did he try and cancel it then the republicans held him to his OWN word even though they praise there precious governor. My comment had absolutely nothing to do with the election in this state but hey congratulations on twisting the story and evading the truth

Re: this is all political BS May 05, 2020 06:51AM
Yeah, I'm the one trying to spin a story.

Re: this is all political BS May 05, 2020 07:53AM
They just started opening things up and the death toll is going up? That isn't a result of opening being the problem, that's a problem that was from before..... Everyone his in your closet and remember to wear a mask.

Re: cancelling pulls May 03, 2020 04:56PM
It does suck that Tomah is cancelled, and that China is a problem, but all that we can do at this point is listen to the government, give support to our local businesses and nationwide hospitals, cops, doctors, etc, and just hope for the best!

Re: cancelling pulls May 05, 2020 11:27AM
I see world of outlaws are going back racing with limited fans so maybe there is hope

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 05, 2020 11:36AM
This country owes china like 2 trillion bucks, Just stop all payments and tell them to pound sand. Damn the dictators!

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 05, 2020 12:48PM
China has been great to us if it wasnt for them selling us stuff cheap these people with drunk driving ticket wouldn get to draw welfare checks .And lets not forget our Mexican Americans the only ones who will work unless they stay to long in country

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 30, 2020 11:39AM
What is bowling green going to do, has anyone heard?

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 30, 2020 12:50PM
This is on the BG website:

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 31, 2020 10:16AM
I hope they decide soon, Have Dutch friends that are planing on coming........

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 31, 2020 01:49PM
The Blue Shirts said they wouldn't decide until their July meeting (unless their hand is forced obviously)

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 31, 2020 01:59PM
Do you know what day/week of the month they have the meeting usually?

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 31, 2020 02:45PM
According to the Pulltown website, the Director meet on the first and third Tuesday, and the entire club meets on the third Tuesday of the month. The third Tuesday of July this year is July 21

Re: cancelling pulls/ make china pay this way May 31, 2020 11:55PM
They would need to be allowed to enter the country again first... That I think is the bigger problem.

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: cancelling pulls May 25, 2020 12:19AM
Our fair board is going to decide this week rather to have our annual county fair pull.I can see both sides and I am fine either way.I am still involved in motorsports as a driver and have attended two races that no grandstand seating was allowed but 10 people per car were allowed in the pits and able to watch from the cat walk or pit area.The race Saturday had 340+ cars and I couldn't believe how much fun was being had.People are tired of the panic and restrictions and seem to have the attitude if you are worried about it just don't come. I look for Iowa to allow spectators soon.Knoxville isn't going to race until. By charging $30/35 for a pit pass the tracks I have been to seem to be able to make it work.

Re: cancelling pulls Evansville Indiana May 31, 2020 02:17PM
Evansville Indiana PPL pull is canceled

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2