Phase IV and pulling April 16, 2020 11:09AM
From the news conference, sounds like no pulling during phases I - III (limits of 50 people in Phase III). In theory, if a state or county allowed, a promoter may try something with limited attendance, but in reality, probably not enough tickets will be sold.

Now, as a constitutional matter this is a state issue. No governor has to abide by any of this, but I suspect most will. Any governor would be within their rights to open back up fully if they so chose, but in the east and midwest, the governors are teaming up in a more regional model.

Aside from pulling, the only time Phase IV was mentioned was in a question from a reporter. Phase IV in my mind is back to what we considered previously as normal, but if Big Brother steps in, then it will be a different country than the one I grew up in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 11:11AM by The Original Michael.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 16, 2020 11:36AM
Changing times call for changing rules, regs and Laws,weather is changing, communication is changing, Life is constantly changing.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 16, 2020 01:01PM
I took a voluntary lay off and can go back when ever i want working for the county road department .But living 500 yards from Lake Cumberland fishing is good and i love Trumps 600 a week and states unemployment halve a beef and a hog in the freezer fresh onions in the garden and greens lovin it along with some dry land fish makes for a good day

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 16, 2020 01:07PM
Lewis. That's what makes America great. Most people would not get online and tell anyone that, hats off to you. You're not to proud to take the money.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 19, 2020 05:48AM
LEWIS
I took a voluntary lay off and can go back when ever i want working for the county road department .But living 500 yards from Lake Cumberland fishing is good and i love Trumps 600 a week and states unemployment halve a beef and a hog in the freezer fresh onions in the garden and greens lovin it along with some dry land fish makes for a good day

I learned to water ski on Lake Cumberland behind a pontoon boat in the 70s. That's a big lake deep lake. Lots of cold spots in the middle of the summer. You know it's deep.

The Kentucky Head Hunters song says "dry land fish is good for the soul"Grinning

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 19, 2020 06:30AM
Kevinh, where in Kentucky did you grow up ?

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 19, 2020 06:52AM
?
Kevinh, where in Kentucky did you grow up ?
Versailles

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 19, 2020 07:13AM
Pretty good ways from Florida! Lol, what got you down there ?

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 19, 2020 06:16AM
LEWIS

Kentucky Head Hunters / Dry land fish

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 16, 2020 02:31PM
Keep taking money from tax payer and sit on your a-- ! The American Way !

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 08:37AM
Paid my share of taxes over the years this is my first free money ive got since i quit farming.But now its time for the food stamp office to step up the game 28 dollars a month and know heating assistance since winter is over

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 09:04AM
Lewis, you sure aren't getting your fair share of free (tax payer) money. And know (no) free heating money, you sure have rough. Thanks for sharing your sad story with the pulling community. I'm sure that there are so many people that are willing to step up and send you a couple hundred.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 10:43AM
Dick it is sad to say I agree with JD 730 it really seems like the American Way anymore is set on your A//////////// and draw a check . Welfare checks get sent out in a lot of different ways and paid by the tax payers .

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 10:51AM
I'm afraid my satire was lost on Lewis. I couldn't agree more, we have become to dependent on the government to fix all the nation's problems. When did we lose that " can do" attitude? And the really sad part is some are raising the next generation to
belive that this is normal and acceptable behavior.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 18, 2020 01:23AM
Here in Iowa they gave out "up to 25000" to businesses. They were almost all bars AND restaurants. Also some brewery

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 11:19AM
Lewis, compared to what the government it giving away to all their friends and family in corporate America, it's only drop in the bucket what they're handing out to you and me.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 11:22AM
The can do spirit is still in many Americans!! But, Sometimes, the govt gets in the way of that to by wanting permits and fees etc to hold rallies and such. When it gets bad enough, I guarantee the American people will rise up and take this country back, regardless of what anybody says!! It might even get a bit "ugly" too!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 17, 2020 01:32PM
I believe it's closer than most people think. When the people see and feel a tyranny coming, they will revolt. Its happened before and I'm sure its coming again. If you kick a dog enough, he will defend himself and bite back. Just keep praying for our President and country. Rest assured, God is in control.
Be safe All,
rw

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 20, 2020 03:54AM
I worked a custom car show in March of this year in Salt Lake City and it was held during the weekend that numerous events were called off. The "Arnold" in Ohio was called off the week before. Several of "our" sister car show events were halted the same week as the SLC show. The governor of Utah had a press conference and called off ALL public events starting the monday following our event. The State and Local health departments kept in close contact, many hand sanitizing stations were set up.
It seems like a lifetime ago but it was just a few weeks. Social distancing was not really an item at that time, however, we did limit distance to the celebrities.

One item I noticed from an international aspect is that before entering a public area like a subway train or grocery store, people were scanned with a forehead thermometer measuring the temperature at the temporal artery which offers a constant blood flow for accurate measurement.

So, do promoters scan EVERYONE before they come on the grounds, do Venues (fairgrounds) have that responsibility? Is that worth the less than five seconds to determine if you are infected?

This might just be the new normal.

Promoters are by definition risk takers. Weather is usual the biggest factor and it's a gamble no matter what time of the year.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 20, 2020 12:48PM
The temperature scanning is nice, and it can be somewhat useful, the problem is that many, many, many people present without a fever or they don't develop the fever until they have already developed other symptoms for a couple of days.

It's the guys like this that ruined it for everyone: [www.newsweek.com] If these jerks would have been smarter we could have approached this whole thing differently. Unfortunately we now plan everything for the lowest common denominator. The "No Child Left Behind" attitude means we bring everything down. Now our laws (and worse yet...) executive orders are designed as they are because the dumbest and most self centered among us can't police themselves.

As John Murray said above, it's that self centered and entitled "me" attitude that's the problem. We could have guys that feel a little sick but its not too bad yet so they go to an event. No fever so they pass the temperature scan and they sit in the grandstands with everyone else that's "healthy". Everyone around them gets the virus and takes it home with them. Sure, for many (most) it won't be a big deal, but for some they may pass it on to people who are at risk. There's also the reality that this isn't the flu, some healthy people just get crushed by this. This is different, this is indiscriminate. It's killed plenty of really, really healthy people... I read a story of an avid runner in their late thirties, marathoner who got some symptoms and was dead in three days. Healthier than me and probably everyone reading this page. That's obviously not something that very common, but that nothing like the flu. Will people be willing to take that risk to see some tractors and trucks go down a track? I'm sure some will. I think some won't want that risk this summer. That's a tough gamble for a promoter if we get to Phase 4 in some areas.

Currently I don't see us getting to Phase IV until a vaccine is readily available, Phase III will probably our new normal for a while... whenever we actually get to Phase III.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 20, 2020 07:08PM
Show of hands please. Who seriously thinks all these power loving globalist politians are going to fully relinquish their new found control over us uneducated deplorables so that we can resume life as it used to be ? All done based on science & for our own good of course. Science & facts that seem to change often & sometimes don' t make much sense. For example locking people indoors to contain a virus. Just the opposite of what was learned in the 1918 pandemic. At an Ohio prison where I suppose people are "sheltering in place" a 75% covid infection rate was announced. Fear is always effective. After initially saying we had little to worry about, suddenly we were looking at mortality of 1%-3% even if we enacted all these drastic measures. Never mind these models were based on information coming from an organization long known to be in the pocket of the largest communist country in the world. Now these figures look ridiculous. That Ohio prison ? I believe maybe has 1 death. Not a scientific study, but do the math. Now we have an east coast mayor using Chinese drones looking for violators of the lockdown. Drones that are illegal under a homeland security order because they knowingly transmit data to China. Other mayors are offering substantial cash rewards to snitches. Religious gatherings even in your car ? Banned. Science behind that one ? Probably the same that determined planting a garden in Michigan is dangerous. The list can go on forever. Yes, if you kick a dog long enough it will fight back. But if there' s several dogs & you bribe enough of them, they may turn on the abused dog. Tim Ryan, failed presidential candidate, recently revived the $2000 "guaranteed income" idea from the green deal. That should quiet the couch sitters for awhile. I hate to be a pessimist & I pray I'm wrong, but I think we're in trouble. The only good thing is that congress has decided their place during a crisis is on vacation. When they return look for them to work diligently to keep us locked down at least enough to force no "in person" voting for the fall elections. I' m afraid we have much more to fear than no pulling for 2020.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 20, 2020 10:51PM
Agree

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 12:00AM
Agree 100%

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 12:22AM
I couldn't agree more. Look at all those old people in nursing homes. In one nursing home 55 pretended they died, another 47 playing dead. My cousins has a dog who talked to another dog who's owner knows a guy who said

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 12:41AM
Now thats funny --- i think my dogs 4 cousin once removed stepsister by marriage adopted dog said he knew the dogs daddy thats telling this dogs buddy !!!!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 03:47AM
I think we are just delaying the conclusion by trying to control something we can not, let it run it's course. like 1918, it might come back with a vengance, but let it run out when it does.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 04:56AM
So then are you willing to let the elderly and those with compromised immunity systems just die? In theory that sounds great, however there is a terrible human cost. So when does the dollar out weigh human life? And do you realize that 700,000 died in the US and between 17,000,000 and 50,000,000 world wide.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 05:10AM
Devil's advocate to the dollar outweighing the human life, do we keep the WORLD economy shut down to save the few but jeopardize the entire population. To put into smaller numbers to help with the comprehension. " Shelter in place to save 50 people. You can't put a dollar value on human life! (everyone chants)" One year afterwards the pending economic depression kills 1000 due to starvation. If you don't think or believe that people will not succumb to hunger or illness due to a nutritionally deprived immune system. I don't think you have the scale of thinking it takes to truly absorb what is happening.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 06:40AM
One thing I would like to add is the US population in 1918 was 103,000,000 today the population is 330,000,000. The world population in 1918 was 1,800,000,000 today's is 7.800,000,000. So the ratio of death during the 1918 pandemic needs to factored into today's population.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 06:00AM
xxx
I think we are just delaying the conclusion by trying to control something we can not, let it run it's course. like 1918, it might come back with a vengance, but let it run out when it does.

Most every one is going to get the virus.
The goal from the beginning has been to prevent every one from getting it on the same day,
Our chance to stop the virus went out the window in January.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 05:11AM
Not the way I took xxx 's comment at all. I think his opinion was we can not really stop it until the masses build immunity. 1918 was terrible. Never lived through the depression but my grandparents did. It sounded pretty terrible as well. By all means try to protect the most vulvernable. I think we can do that without burning the constitution & ending America as we know it.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 06:09AM
Delaying the inevitable is my opinion,natures way, it will happen regardless, time tells the story,I do know about the last big out break in the early 1900,my folks were just born then, history repeats itself, everything now is so inflated and out of line, lawyers get 1500 an hr, dr, mortichanins,? and on and on , we can't keep going the way we have, Many in the care facilities are being kept alive for the income rather than assuring a quality Life, pain and suffering for many.I am not advocating anything,but you see the protests and staying indoors just delays the outbreaks till later. You all think the atomic bomb was nasty, - nothing compared to THIS man made scenario. A friend just spent 1700.00 dollars on a tooth, in the chair for 70 minutes, who can pay that? The world needs to rethink economy and such,living from paycheck to paycheck, no savings, no safe guards, instant gratifications for material things and pleasures, - what about family, education and food,and being Christian.Everyone feels entitled to travel, buy, have and do, - well the old sayings say it best, - THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES. And every thing that goes around, - comes around.Mother Nature and Father Time always have the final say, ALWAYS.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 06:29AM
bet these payments on 500 thousand dollar houses and 70 thousand dollar pickups and a suv aint to much fun now

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 06:36AM
xxx
Delaying the inevitable is my opinion,natures way, it will happen regardless, time tells the story,I do know about the last big out break in the early 1900,my folks were just born then, history repeats itself, everything now is so inflated and out of line, lawyers get 1500 an hr, dr, mortichanins,? and on and on , we can't keep going the way we have, Many in the care facilities are being kept alive for the income rather than assuring a quality Life, pain and suffering for many.I am not advocating anything,but you see the protests and staying indoors just delays the outbreaks till later. You all think the atomic bomb was nasty, - nothing compared to THIS man made scenario. A friend just spent 1700.00 dollars on a tooth, in the chair for 70 minutes, who can pay that? The world needs to rethink economy and such,living from paycheck to paycheck, no savings, no safe guards, instant gratifications for material things and pleasures, - what about family, education and food,and being Christian.Everyone feels entitled to travel, buy, have and do, - well the old sayings say it best, - THERE AIN'T NO FREE LUNCHES. And every thing that goes around, - comes around.Mother Nature and Father Time always have the final say, ALWAYS.
Delaying the inevitable, history repeats its self, it will happen regardless,? are we talking about the pandemic or the recession?

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 07:51AM
IMHO, all the above,what has changed since the early 1900s, we are more dependant on oil,energy, electronics and are not healthy,over weight as a nation ,many hooked on pharmaceuticals and opiates, lazy for a large part, want a helping hand on most fronts,ask and take handouts, not much sustainable life style anymore, - pride or much work ethic in many groups.No savings as a whole, way too mobile and spoiled when @#$%& happens, which it does,not a pessimist, just a realist, we have to deal with the stuff as it comes down the pipe, look at the North Atlantic garbage dump we have created, cleared,millions of acres of trees clear cut with no plan to sustain or improve,icecaps melting, all mostly ignored.The prediction from Bible days says that man will destroy the Earth.Just facts people, just facts, I am a Realist, not some doomsayer, but take note.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 08:24AM
This is a no win situation
I fear that about the first part of June this stuff is going to explode
Here in Ohio it’s been suppressed fairly well because we holed up early it once people start going about there business it will be bad everywhere
I also believe everyone will get it or has already had it because it’s not going away we just have to deal with it
I still stand by all my original post from the beginning of this mess I think the lawlessness will be worse than the virus I just thought it would have happened by now but the natives are getting restless and if they don’t go back to work soon it will be too late once there is a riot somewhere it will spread like wildfire and then you have martial law and then we’re done
You know how you watched the evening news and all those nuts over seas fighting all the time and how run down those cities look well those cities weren’t built looking like that they probably looked like here at one time. We’re next
I also am a realist. Good Lord gave us a brain to use to think not to sit back and say he won’t let anything happen to me. It may be out of our hands but we can’t just lay down and drink the kool aid because it was meant to be I believe it’s our duty to protect our families the best we can which means stay away from others the best you can in a reasonable way

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 08:40AM
XXXX- not all folks look at Life the same as you do,entitlements nodays way of thinking keeps common sense on the side lines, ask the people that first hand experienced or died in 911 issues about political correctness and following a creed. We used to be a country of common ground binding us together as one nation under God, not so much anymore, just walk the streets and go on an airplane, casino or mall, supermarket,parks and witness the Americans, that are Not.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 08:55AM
Your exactly right, the old ways were by far better than nowdays, 30 to 35 yrs ago times were simplier, everyone was healthier, we sweated out germs, not near as much technology and you actually had to work, my grandparents never dreamed there would be a day that you bought water in a bottle--- times have changed for the worse imho, technology is good and bad---- i just know when i was younger the world was a better place !!!! Looking back we thought we had it bad or rough but actually it was great, we may nit of had everything we wanted but we always had enough !!!!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 10:02AM
Change is very good, and any thing good always has a negative side attached to it as well, internet,(this very site) is wonderful, but in seconds you can cause strife,evil and find out how to make many dangerous things, good,- bad in all of life, won't give up some new, but some old ain't half bad either.Work ethic and entitlements are the biggest problems now, along with open borders, sure all of our past generations were immigrants for sure, but they became Americans and united the country and fought to keep it strong, not tear it apart and take take take .

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 10:26AM
The good old days also had polio, fear of a nuclear attack. How far do you want to go back, WW2, Korea, Vietnam, segregation, not everything about the good old was so good. Sure I also miss a simpler time but how much is better in our minds than the reality of the time's.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 12:13PM
we are way too depend on foreign oil and our wind power program is like nothing, as is ethanol and more and more, we are just one short out away from disaster on the electric grid we rely on so (TOO ) much,I don't have the answers, but do know the issues,not wanting to go back, just cautious about his mess we have from fast advance.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 21, 2020 02:06PM
Dick my point exactly, we have had issues before and will again.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 23, 2020 07:31AM
The 1960's was an era of the Hippy movement and Woodstock, many Civil rights riots, a few Political assassinations, Cuba (communist) missile crisis and a very unpopular war called VietNam (also fighting the communists). The US populous was constantly on the edge.

In 1968 (my high school graduation year), my dad had stated that he felt "the world has already gone to He!! in a handbasket". Had nothing to do with my graduation!
Dad has been deceased now 14 years and he truly would be appalled at current US and world events, attitudes, politicization, selfishness and entitlements.

And people think that the US is not currently a socialist nation. Wake up, have been since FDR's liberal reforms started in 1934. And they have only been vastly expanded upon every decade since. Look at what the Democrat party policies are today - pure communism. Is that where you really want the DemoCommie party to take the US to in the (near) future? Just look at the authoritarian mandates in several coronavirus lockdown states - predominantly DemoCommie governors who are taking advantage of their new selfish power trip prestige. No wonder there are state capital protests by the populous.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 23, 2020 08:20AM
If you are going to talk about FDR please have your facts together. I will agree that that was the start of a more expanded roll of government. However FDR saved capitalism, people were out of work and in soup lines, the communist and socialist were recruiting people to join their cause. FDR knew that if he did not put people to work and provide food and jobs there would be a revolution. And stop painting with such a wide brush, not every Democrat was evil just as every Republican is pure. You seem to forget Harry S Truman and John F. Kennedy with your anti stand. I am a Republican also, I'm just not a kool-aid Republican. And of course you realize that farms incomes have fallen in the last 3 years and they were in fact higher under President Obama. And please buy a history book and read it.

chart of farm incomes since 2000

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2020 08:51AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 23, 2020 03:21PM
I gave you an overall 1960's history synopsis. What is incorrect about it?

My dad who was very young during the Depression always gave credit to FDR for getting the nation working again. However, that is when the real liberal, socialistic policies of the Democrat party really started.
I am looking at overall political party policy, not singling out individuals today as you reference your quote of " not every Democrat was evil just as every Republican is pure.", which I agree with your phrase.

You do not have to tell me about farm income. I live it. Some of those excellent grain prices during the Obama years was not as a result of him. It was due to 2012 US severe drought and superb worldwide demand. Those markets had been developed long before Obama's reign.
What do you think grain prices would have been then if Obama would have had the guts to tackle China in their trade issue discrepencies with the US (which has been overdue), as Trump has been doing. We in agriculture production realize that we have to look at long term gain and not necessarily quick, short term gain.

In fact, it was at the annual Finger Lakes Corn Congress, in the early '90's, that the guest speaker informed us about the new rising economic power of China being favored by the World Bank and all that US grain and livestock farmers had to gain by selling our product to them.
I wonder what history book you would read that in.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 23, 2020 04:35PM
If farm income is sooo LOW ----how the heck do many have all the newest pickups, tractors,combines and many many amenities that you all say they can;t afford,2 + 2 used to be 4, I think it still is.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 23, 2020 08:43PM
Paull - Wake up and quit watching YouTube!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 07:31AM
Americas problem is we priced ourself out and everyone wants to live the American dream by signing on the bottom of a bank note

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 12:48PM
I have paid some grossly inflated checks for the work the government did to make the money but it comes it goes for all things. As for Walmart they wouldn't be in business relying on me to get mostly anything from them. I have been twice over the last three years. I am always of the opinion that someone else has the same product. As for me I will take every dime I am eligible to get because the big ol gov wants every dime of mine when I think I am getting ahead.

Government April 27, 2020 06:31AM
Who is this "government" that is going to take your rights away? I want to be part of it, so I can have the power and walk all over people. C'mon, the, the framers were smarter than that. Citizens have a duty given by the Constitution to vote for your representatives. "Representatives" (politicians) do not just one day get into government--they are elected and to be elected, it takes a majority of the electors to put them in office. Don't like your representation--VOTE! There are 327 plus or minus million people in the US. If you figure that 2/3 are voting age adults, that is about 210 million eligible voters, yet only about 129 million people voted in the last presidential election (about 60%) and off year elections are even a smaller turnout. Just be informed. Paull above probably has it more right than most of the posts.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 12:02AM
Then and now: I am sure that you will not be cashing your stimulus check if you get one. And of course you will also not collect unemployment and no way would you even think about taking social security or Medicare. Ya right!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 01:10AM
Instead of smart mouth,answer the question I asked, No one likes accepts or wants truth, that is why our Great country is run by criminals.I know that many farms are feed and were fed monies from past generations, so that explains a few,some borrowed to the limits and past,again little or no equity,Where in my post did I say anything about any subsides or any programs you mention !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And I was born and raised on a sustainable farm and had no indoor plumbing til 1969,I farmed for forty yrs.and worked in town to support the farm low income,and quit the yr. when ten other close high school friends also stopped farming because we could not afford the freedom to do what we liked and were raised to be.Say what you want,bitch, critic and complain,my travels around the country show that much new equipment is purchased, rented or leased by many,facts my friends facts.One friend of mine whom moved to a rural area befriended His new neighbor,which had all and much more than needed equipment and even helped with the fall work load, THEN suddenly a suicide attempt by the operator, (almost said owner,stupid me) twelve Semi flatbeds came and took 5 Million worth of IH machinery for failure to service debt,and he failed at the attempt also.I am not against anyone for having nice things, However to have a strong economy we need to have Cash Flow and actual payments made and money change hands to be financially healthy,we certainly as a country are NOT. Dick, what The He** has social security or medicare have to do with anything, we all paid into that from our own pockets and still do,and because of that Label me with some not so nice term --- you seem to want to put on me, I take the biggest piece of pie and seconds the first time around and was drafted right out of high school to protect the rights we have here to speak,thank you Morgans.I also have toys, hobbies and pull,have been Blessed in many ways, pay my bills, debts and pick up other's trash they throw out in my neighborhood.And not everyone is getting checks, welfare,stimulus and or unemployment.Does anyone remember 2007-8 break down of cash flow because so many wonderful Americans bought quarter million dollar houses with a ten dollar income and two months later could not understand why the money did not reach,poor choices and feelings of entitlements do not pay bills.And we have adults hooked on opiates, ----------------- did the doctors force feed the responsible people that liked,wanted and begged for the feel good stuff, so many inject,ingest and inhale crap, we Have a much bigger problem in America than C****D 19.ya alll have a Good Day

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 01:50AM
My point is that you trash FDR and the federal programs that he and other elected officials started yet you are still willing to collect them. Sure you paid into them , how you were able to pay into them was because someone started them. I guess my point is are we all just a bunch of hypocrite. Do we justify taking government money because we paid in or because it is there? Are we really willing to never go to Wal-Mart again and buy cheap goods that are made in China. Are we just like the greedy American companies that moved out jobs to China? One of the biggest crimes that China has committed is the thief of our intellectual properties. We design, developed and test our products, be it a toaster or a fighter jet and they steal it. That's what needs to addressed.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 02:04PM
Fine, Dick, we are all hypocrites. You realize that includes you, too. Isn't it amazing what the human will does.
And just where did Pauli or I trash FDR? We did not. A fact was stated to establish a time line for initiating a new social program, which became longterm and that we are all subject to.

And since you, Dick, appear to be an IRS agent or a gestopel (sp?) agent, and feel you need to pry into our individual life, this should get you riled up further.
And what choice do we have about contributing mandatory taxes for Social Security and Medciare in our paychecks / annual income tax? None. It is mandatory.
So since at least 2/3 of those mandatory contributions came out of my pocket (employee & business owner), why would I not eventually apply for those benefits.
FYI, I was well past 70 before I finally got around to filing.

And also for your FYI, in over a half decade of working, I have never applied or received an unemployment check like you paint brushed on me. All without you knowing any facts. Or do you call that "history"?
Now would it not be interesting to know just how many Amnericans can honestly make a claim that they have never received an unemployment check.
And yet up near the top of this thread, you are applauding Lewis for sucking the unemployment system benefit when he openly stated that he could be working. That is what is wrong with social programs. Always somebody taking advantage of it that should not be. Yet I have to keep working my butt off and pay into the social system, even if I recieve no financial benefit from it.

But, you know what else, Dick, what does you prying into our life have to do with the topic of this thread: "Phase IV and pulling"? Nothing.
Dick Morgan, please stay on topic!!!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 02:31PM
I do believe that you were the one to bring up FDR and socialism. If you just check back on this topic you will see your post about FDR and socialism. I was just responding to your post. However, without this being directed to you, there are many people that complain about government handouts and still take the money. That was, and still is my point. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. And my response to LEWIS was sarcasm that I'm afraid was missed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2020 02:37PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 02:35PM
Dang that was a good one lord knows how many times ive been told to stay on topic

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 02:50PM
Dick, I have not denied naming FDR and socialism. Goodness, now I am beginning to question your reading comprehension skills. Something that seems to be missing by many who post on here. And obviously, you missed the points I initally made.

But, as usual, you will make a mountain out of a mere insignificant molehill. And turn it into a perceived personal attack. And paint many of us posters with something that is not even remotely true. Quit making and stirring a crap pot!!!!!!!!!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 24, 2020 03:03PM
I guess I did miss your point completely. However I am a little lost on the perceived personal attack. Are you saying that I feel attacked. Or that you feel attacked. I sure don't feel that in any way. Having differing opinions is ok with me.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2020 03:09PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 05:01AM
DICK,
I will say that I have set here and read all these comments and you seem to be very defensive and butt-hurt over an apparent "attack" on FDR. I never saw that he said anything directly attacking FDR. He was just saying that his acts were used at stepping stones, getting us closer to socialism. I don't think he necessarily implied that he alone was responsible for our current state. He was just saying that people have keep piling on his initial actions which has lead to our current state. People love to take an inch and go a mile. You give someone a little leeway and they keep testing the waters, pushing farther and farther, which is what seems to be the case with the government. People become a little dependent for a handout and before long everyone has to be issued a monthly stipend so they can survive. The term "DON'T FEED THE BEARS" comes to mind. If you start feeding them, they will start looking for food their self and just come back demanding you give them food or they'll bite your hands off.

I feel you have added less to this conversation than anyone else. Feel free to delete my comment, I am sure you will.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 05:23AM
I think that Dick is very FAIR, to say the least. He does challenge and support issues, comments and speaks His mind like we do, this IS HIS SITE. Thanks Morgans.I see many posts proclaiming "My or Me RIGHTS", -- I think that this country was founded on "OUR" rights, we are a nation of people, not individuals working for their own cause,but that has changed as you can clearly see in many posts talking about rights of individuals over the common good.As a society with social laws we need directives,some control and unity with clear rules to guide and protect.If those that think their rights are so much more important, start your own little community and we will all come over for some rolls and tea.But I Bet They Would Not Allow That.If you all knew how many 1st lieutenants were shot in Nam to protect the many, you all would be wide eyed.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 05:35AM
Please share the information you have on 1st Lieutenants being shot in Vietnam to save many, I would love to read about it.

I know there were typos in my previous post, but my point was, you give someone an inch and they will take a mile. It may not be immediately, but over time they will pushing a little more until someone pushes back, but If they government can get it's citizens to depend on them so strongly for their "rations" (welfare), then the people will not be able to fight back and we will give up any rights that we once had.

This pandemic caused a very immediate and abrupt limitation of rights, and you can already see that their wheels are turning to see what else they can do to better "protect us" (limit us). I work in an industry where if you leave a warning label off of something and some moron grabs a rotating shaft while a machine is running then that is the manufacturers fault, hell even if the warning label is there, it's still the manufacturers fault. An attorney will convince the government that you didn't need that metal shaft turning period and should not have produced it that way. Some people are so stupid that there have to be warnings to no change the spark plugs or fan belt on a running engine, and the government must step in and mandate that people must be protected and warning labels placed on everything, so we have to dumb down all of society to the level of the lowest. Sadly the lowest seem to out number the rest of us because the government has done such a great job at protecting them from hurting themselves.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 05:59AM
the human animal is the only Animal to reward stupidity and Laziness. in nature you die.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 07:08AM
FYI: It's not the federal government driving the need for warning stickers. There are no federal laws regarding product liability. Claims are all handled at the state level via the courts. Some states are worse that others. Mississippi is the worst.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 09:22AM
my new tractors name Cova 19 Highly Contagious

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 26, 2020 12:07AM
My Point, your are exactly 100% CORRECT (in your first post)!!!! Thank you!!
1010, so are you.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 10:03AM
So back to The Original Michael's point... yes FDR is clearly to blame for low farm income, but it's just a shame he stuck his legs in those rotating shafts and had to sue the state of Mississippi. Luckily those were the good ole days when the gov only took and inch not a mile. Thankfully those welfare checks will make it easier for Lewis to put food on his family. The old days were a simpler time. Hope I got all this right. Grinning

OK seriously... getting back on track... what states (that are Truck and Tractor Pulling States) will be likely to lift crowd size restrictions first? I'd assume we'll probably see pulling in Outlaw territory first since most of their geographic area is much less densely populated. One thing that's tricky is that the states with Republican governors will most likely want to open things back up first... but they'll also be the states more likely to follow the Republican Presidents guidelines. That will make for interesting politics.

As a side note: if you want to argue about socialism, our economy, welfare, etc... there's actually an entire thread about that. You know, actually on topic Winking

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 11:20AM
Jake Morgan
What states (that are Truck and Tractor Pulling States) will be likely to lift crowd size restrictions first? I'd assume we'll probably see pulling in Outlaw territory first since most of their geographic area is much less densely populated. One thing that's tricky is that the states with Republican governors will most likely want to open things back up first... but they'll also be the states more likely to follow the Republican Presidents guidelines. That will make for interesting politics.

The Tennessee Valley Pioneer Power Association will be having a pull on May 2nd. They will be enforcing the social distancing guidelines set out by their governor and asking everyone to wear a mask.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 12:35PM
Got plenty of food drove five different vehicles through the commodity line borrowed two wigs and made three fake mustaches plenty of cheese that should help out the dairy farmers and lots of noodles

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 12:48PM
kim needs to tie your butt in a chair away from the puter for a while, eat more beef, drink more milk and get some of them cbd brownies make everyone "think" your high I know better but it ain't a big leap

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 01:05PM
Back on topic...

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 01:18PM
Does a guy dare go to Tn. pulling? What ya all think?

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 01:30PM
it's only bad in the big cities down here. already been a lot of pulls cancelled for the year and more to come though just like everywhere else.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 26, 2020 09:00AM
LEWIS
Got plenty of food drove five different vehicles through the commodity line borrowed two wigs and made three fake mustaches plenty of cheese that should help out the dairy farmers and lots of noodles
Lewis, were they giving away any mushrooms?
Spinning

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 02:36PM
Here in Michigan we have a tyrannical governor who has no respect for the constitution all we want is our rights under the constitution to be honored and go back to work

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 02:38PM
Rights or no Rights, we do not want to die early.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 04:00PM
That same constitution gives everyone who so chooses the freedom to lock them selves in a plastic bubble deep underground, tune in the View, & live as safe & long as nature allows. Freedom really ain't so bad. No way on God's earth would I risk a dime puttin on a pull in 2020.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 25, 2020 06:04PM
Fuzz, you folks up there keep voting for and electing goof balls like that up there in Michigan. I hope the people who voted for that crap, gets there gut full and opens their eyes. I hear she dont even want people to be able to buy seeds to plant a garden. As long as we continue to have tyrannical minded people being elected this is what to expect in the future. A serious revolt is looming on the horizon.
I'm gonna be optimistic and hope we do get to do some pulling this year. We certainly need some good old fashioned entertainment to chase away the covid blues! Best wishes to all! Be safe everyone and take care of business in November! God Bless the USA!

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 26, 2020 06:57AM
If a vaccine is developed would that costitute being in phase 4 ? I seriously don't know, It gets harder & more pointless to listen to this by the day. So called experts projections so far off they're either just lieing or throwing darts at a board blindfolded. But I heard someone the other day suggest we need to tone the rehtoric towards china, the communist country who unleashed this on us, because he claims any vaccine, regardless of where it is developed, will need to be manufactured in China & the communist government will control it' s release. So my 2nd question is would you be willingly injected with something that you have no possible way of knowing what it contains made in the country that seems to have done everything possible to spread their virus around the world ? Put me in the no column. 5y8

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 26, 2020 07:22AM
China manufactures 95% of the US pharmaceuticals. So you been using it for ever.

Re: Phase IV and pulling April 26, 2020 08:27AM
No, not " forever" I was fortunate enough to receive any childhood vaccinations in an era when our leaders & citizens recognized communism for what is. We did not do buiness with them. I've been lucky enough to not need pharmacuticals & spend a lot of time avoiding even buying a wrench made over there.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,608, Posts: 229,662, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520