Toughest MPH Pulls April 28, 2020 04:02AM
Where are some of the toughest MPH Pulls at for heavy farm stock tractors. 11,000 pounds and up. The class at gordyville was very fun to watch and it made me wonder where to go to watch some strong mph classes.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 28, 2020 06:42AM
A lot of strong mph tractors in SW Wisconsin and Eastern Iowa. 10mph up to 16-18mph speed limit classes.

---

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 28, 2020 11:15AM
YouTube channel “turbocharged pulling videos” and check out the “13FS” videos. All strong tractors, nice looking ford that does real well. Not really sure where the pulls are.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 28, 2020 01:08PM
USA PULLERS run them, they some tough tractors running with them .

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 28, 2020 11:46PM
Here's a couple of the 12MPH classes from the USA Pullers ...

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 29, 2020 09:08AM
Of course I'm going to say the Southern Indiana Farm Stock pullers. One of our members Jason Wehr's daughter Tatum has videoed several of our pulls and are great to watch on YouTube. We run two classes usually a 10mph and a 14mph. Alot of different colors and on any given night any one capable of winning!

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 29, 2020 10:55AM
Totally agree with you Goose. Plus woos love to see some of the USA pullers run in a open class

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 29, 2020 03:41PM
I don't understand the reason behind the 3,000 rpm limit in a paced farm class. If you're concerned about safety then have safety rules, rpm limit without cubic inch limit just leaves another class for the big block Deeres. Yeah a 466 will get a win here and there but if big blocks weren't winning why would people be using a big block...

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 30, 2020 05:12AM
No one asked, the question was what are the toughest mph pullers out there. There’s always someone that’s gotta ruin a topic!

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 30, 2020 09:08AM
I agree Jason and Dan, USA and IPL are just two great organizations who have great numbers and people to go with it. I know that there are groups in Illinois, Iowa and Wisconsin who are getting the job done as well. I feel that when combined with other truck and tractor classes at an event it offers the spectators a well rounded choice to hopefully satisfy their thirst for pulling action.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 29, 2020 03:38PM
Goose don't forget about us with Indiana pulling league. 12,000 pound 10mph

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 30, 2020 12:18AM
3,000 RPM is usually dictated by the Insurance Companies covering these events. They feel 3,000 RPM is a safe number and some OEM flywheels run that speed all day long on the farm. IH 1466 comes to mind at 2800 RPM.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 30, 2020 04:42AM
If its an insurance issue then make some safety rules like flywheel blanket, side shields, air shut off, etc... I'd rather spin a 404 harder than doing a 619 swap. And itd give the binder guys a chance to use the 414s and 436s or fords 401 and allis 426. Should only be 3 rules in farm pulling: drawbar height, weight, and speed limit. Let those smaller engines wined out so that they have a chance to compete.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls April 30, 2020 10:21AM
I watched those videos and saw a lot of shinny pumps on them. I'm not much for mph/pace pulling except for antiques. I can't see that it's any safer the way these tractors where pushing the throttle full bore the last 50'. It's definitely a skill to drive in that class. There is a class in Central Pa. that's like that. I don't think our Hot Farm would be in the top 1/2 of the class. I think they have cube limit for what that's worth.

Glenford speed pulls April 30, 2020 10:37AM
Yes those guys run really strong!!! I'd like to see them in person. From the way it looks I'd bet they would give the Glenford group a pretty good challenge! I think they pull speed limit at Glenford as well? Be nice to see some of those guys run together. Hopefully there will be some pulls. I think the first Glenford pull isn't until sometime in June?

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 04, 2020 01:12PM
A 404 swap to a 619, never seen it done probably never will. That was a very ignorant post, the proper way todo it would be 2500 rpm limit for the 619 maybe? the speed limit soaks up most of the horsepower advantages, in ECI and SWW, tractors are limited to 10 mph, 20.8 or 18.4 tires and 3000 rpm and no PPumps. A bone stock (cam, head) 404 with fuel and air mod will compete, you let the p pumps in and that is a large problem. The hardest engine to compete with is a 466 ih, the bore and stroke combo with a good 500 cc and other supporting mods, will make 8xx HP.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 04, 2020 01:50PM
Clark, I dont know what cubic inch engines that the Glenford guys run, but there is a couple John's and a Red one or 2 that run a pretty good race between them. I believe that they run 3000 rpm. However I dont think that they have a speed limit. Not certain of tires either, I'm guessing 20s.They get with it pretty good. I'd say 20 mph at least. Dont know what pumps they run either. Hope we get to see some good old fashioned pulling soon.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 04, 2020 03:44PM
Clark, if speed limits soak up most of the horsepower advantages then why does it matter if they run p pumps? A pumps have no problem pushing as much fuel as a p pump for a paced class, only difference is that A pumps typically cost more to build. I didn't mean for it to be an ignorant post just trying to get a good point across to all paced farm pullers

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 04, 2020 03:49PM
I also saw the Gordyville pull and the tractor that won the 15mph can't be 466 cubes. I'm guessing a ppump as well. Why spend that much money to run a mph class? That's an open tractor easy. I watched some of the southern Indiana 10mph pulls and that's an insane amount of power to go 10mph in my opinion. Just curious as to why, and how it's affordable. Most mph classes are for people who want to get started pulling.

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 05, 2020 10:48AM
dear just sayin as the builder of the wild goose chase I assure you it is a 466. sincerely kevin boggs

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 05, 2020 11:17AM
He must have had the perfect setup for that moment, track, moisture, sled drag and air pressure, the right gear ratio and ect. we all have pulls like that ,when we wonder if the sled was hooked up. LOL

Re: Toughest MPH Pulls May 05, 2020 02:21PM
Hands down Indiana Pulling League!! Im just partial tho!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2