Can we as pullers promote our own pull May 05, 2020 07:20AM
I brought this up before and now that it looks there might not be any pulls at all I’ll try again
Could a group of pullers maybe with in their own state,rent a track and rent a sled and obtain insurance and just have a test and tune with no spectators provided the law would allow it
I’m not sure what a sled would cost to rent anymore but I think there could be good turnout to cover the cost maybe let everybody hook twice
Maybe we could get back to pulling for the fun of it and not worry about payback
I’ll let you guys take it from here
If nothing else let’s pick a day and time and drag’em out of the barn and video a cold start and pick a page to send them to, we all would enjoy that I believe
Thanks from the Barnyard Bandit

Re: Can we as pullers promote our own pull May 05, 2020 07:37AM
It has already happened...

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Can we as pullers promote our own pull May 05, 2020 01:39PM
We are currently doing this at our shop test track at chaos fabrication in Washington pa on may 30th. We will have richard loves decision maker sled and have a morning and afternoon session of testing with 10 vehicles max each session. Currently 6-7 signed up in each. This limit is to keep distance limits in place and allow for plenty of time to test.
We are looking at the possibility of having an event or events this summer at the shop. This would be a class or two per day and live stream online. This would happen assuming that other large pulls are canceled giving limited options. Currently we believe that it’s fairly easy to see about a month out on most pulls. If we get to the middle of this month and see that most if not all of june is a bust we will put something together for mid/ late june. We are able to do it at an affordable cost because we already have the track equipment and place to do it. If it happens it would be just pullers and no crowd. Stream online live. Some details need to be worked out but the current thought is to start with a ss tractor class and ss diesel truck class and go from there depending on the response we get.

If anyone is interested in testing or running if we try to put on these classes to start let me know.
Kevin Campbell
412-217-7363. Text is best.

Re: Can we as pullers promote our own pull May 05, 2020 02:43PM
If no promoters are willing to take the risk of a pull,its being talked about in Missouri to have a test and tune pull later this year...We shall see what happens..As of Monday rural MO had no outdoor crowd size limit except for social distancing..May need to use a 400 ft plus track to spread the crowd out some..It would probably cost $4,000 ?? to do it with the sled rental plus insurance-etc..

What do you think John S? John knows who I am as we were talking about it yesterday..

Re: Can we as pullers promote our own pull May 05, 2020 03:11PM
In western Iowa there’s a great spot for this in Denison. Good pits good track and a Big grandstand that everyone could be a good distance apart. Given plenty of space could something like this work?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,609, Posts: 229,664, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,063, Posts: 225,888.

Our newest member JD_8520