Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 01:42AM
[www.ntpapull.com]

SMH, it’s like a bad dream......

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 01:54AM
Well I am disappointed, it also was the prudent thing to do. The challenges sure seemed to be insurmountable. This is another sad day for the 2020 pulling season.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 02:05PM
it truly is a sad day to see that one of the most prestigious motorsports events, and the crown jewel of the pulling community has fallen. However, as pulling fans, we need to try to keep an open mind about why this occurred. I have seen the production at Bowling Green. It is second to none in any sense of the sporting word. There is no way this decision was made lightly or made to appease any agenda, political, commercial or otherwise. I am convinced NO American wanted to see this pull cancelled.

I definitely think the size of this pull is what lead to its downfall this year. I have heard it told that behind the NASCAR races at Charlotte, Daytona, and Talladega, this is the 4th biggest camping/ RVing event IN THE UNITED STATES. We are talking tens to hundreds of thousands of people essentially living right on top of each other for the better part of a week. Hypothetically, that is a breeding ground for any type of undesirable virus/ disease. And lets be honest, when we go to Bowling Green, we are there to have a GREAT time in all senses of the word. Socially distancing would be the last thing to attract to the experience.

This is the Super Bowl/ Daytona 500/ World Series of pulling. If anyone wants to protest this- hey, the first amendment protects your right to do so. It most certainly sucks that it isn't going to happen this year. That being said, I don't think any pulling fan should take this personal. The all evil "other" political party or greedy "haves" of the world didn't sit in a dark room conspiring saying to themselves, "How do we wreck pulling fans' summers?"

Don't hear what I am not saying. It breaks my heart this Super National event is not taking place. I am sure the hundreds of blue shirts, NTPA'ers, Ohioans, and pulling fans of all respects feel the same. it is a crummy day for pulling fans. But lets not go looking for people to string up by the thumbs. 2020 hasn't been our year. Let's encourage drivers, teams, and mechanics to tune up some amazing equipment to pull twice as hard in 2021. Stay safe to all fans and pullers. This sport is as tough as its fans and it wont' go down easily.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 01:55AM
Hate to hear it, but figured it was coming. What a shame.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 02:04AM
MSM strikes again..cody having another pull in eagleville in the fall ??

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 02:57AM
Very Very sad. Figured it was a 50 - 50 chance, especially with it being in August it might be far enough out to get it in.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 04:38AM
Will a riot and protest help any? LOL

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 06:18AM
TRACTOR PULLERS MATTER
Maybe we should all load up and parade through some places and wonder how long it would take before we were all arrested
Pulling does matter to a lot of small towns and organizations that count on that income plus all the suppliers and builders that count on repairs and sled owners

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 09:07AM
Once the Football Hall of Fame in Canton got some less than encouraging news for the start of the month of August with regard to their pre-season game I would venture to guess that it made it even harder to go through the logistical hoops for the Blue Shirts.

As an aside, if numbers stabilize and don't continue to spike as they have in certain states my theory/opinion is that September and October may be exceptionally busy for pulling. We might get to scratch that itch just yet folks.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 10:46AM
Not to get off topic but do you think farm show is in jeopardy? I have never been to Bowling Green being a WI guy Tomah was the hot ticket for me. I was planning to run GN LSS this year and finally get there. So LSS has two other hooks and SSO only had Bowling Green isn’t that correct? I feel the should pull the plug and go on damage control. Hopefully farm show isn’t cancelled and plan for 2021. What a sad sad thing to see happen not only Bowling Green but all the fairs and festivals so many people work really hard to pull this all off and now it’s all done for the year.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 06:44AM
What is MSM??

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 07:53AM
Msm... main stream media

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 09:07AM
Please stay on topic, the cancellation of the Bowling Green event. I, for one have a low tolerance for any thing off topic.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 18, 2020 03:45AM
Has anyone thought, when will all this precaution come to an end ?What if all the powers to be want to carry this on into next year, or the year after ? When will we as Americans, and Others, say enough is enough and go back to living our lives as we should be now.There seems to be no clear cut answers,The sooner we return to our normal? the better .

Haven’t recovered yet June 17, 2020 09:37AM
We are just starting to recover from the last couple weeks however having another big one has crossed our minds if everyone else is gonna chicken out. Lol

Re: Haven’t recovered yet June 17, 2020 10:36AM
Did you go to the meeting or do you think that they just "chickened" out. My experience with the Bowling Green leadership is that they are a group of dedicated smart people that did not make this decision lightly. I am sure that they consulted county and state health authorities, along with their insurance providers. Bowling Green is the best pull in the world, bar none. They didn't get there by not having great leadership. I understand the disappointment but don't take it out on people that are trying to do the right thing. It's time for some encouragement not strife.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Havent recovered yet June 17, 2020 10:52AM
I'm sure a lawyer made the decision

Re: Haven’t recovered yet June 17, 2020 10:53AM
Sounds like Codys pull could go down as the best pull in the world Bar none 2020 and to keep this on topic Bowling greens not in the picture this year and im sure there leadership puts there paints on one leg at a time just like others do

Re: Haven’t recovered yet June 17, 2020 11:16AM
Hey Dick, you should put on a pull! Door is wide open for the Pulloff Pull Off

Re: Haven’t recovered yet June 17, 2020 11:54AM
Cody
Hey Dick, you should put on a pull! Door is wide open for the Pulloff Pull Off

Cody, the only issue I had with your pull was that the ambulance that clearly spent the last five years in the woods only made one appearance!

(Oh, and the dust. lol)

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 01:15PM
Sad news for sure, but also not surprising. I think the size of the pull actually worked against it in this situation. A smaller pull might not have the issues with tons of hotel rooms, security, being on county property, dozens and dozens of vendors (food and other wise), limited pit space, tons and tons and tons of campsites and campers, thousands of pullers and support people in the pits along with ten's of thousands of fans looking to walk the pits (the pits are between the campsites and the stands so closing the pits isn't realistic), no real way to social distance or do any of the other guidelines that may be required, etc... There are just so may more moving parts as the events gets bigger and bigger and getting everything right would be next to impossible. Add the fact that it's also probably one of the most expensive shows to put on and the state could force a last minute cancellation and it seems like the prudent thing to do.

Even though I'm disappointed, it's just too big of a fiasco to do anything of that scale this summer.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 18, 2020 06:20AM
There is a morning show from BG, the gentleman that does the show interviewed Mike Erford. You can find the show on Facebook and listen to the interview and hear the reasons for cancelling this year. I think they did a good job of trying to make it go but it comes down to risk vs. reward. They held out alot longer than most other venues. It will be bigger and betterr next year, in the interview Mike even hinted that they are already working on stuff for next year's event.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled June 17, 2020 01:20PM
Just focus on the future. this is not the end of the world. spend time with your family and look forward to 2021

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled,CHINA Responsible June 18, 2020 01:32AM
Not one poster on this thread has said Who/What is responsible for BG cancelling their pull. It is China. and they have caused world wide pain with their fooling around with viruses that no one should be messing with and they need to be held accountable!!!

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled,CHINA Responsible June 18, 2020 02:35AM
plb
Not one poster on this thread has said Who/What is responsible for BG cancelling their pull. It is China. and they have caused world wide pain with their fooling around with viruses that no one should be messing with and they need to be held accountable!!!

The person who pursues revenge should dig two graves.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled,CHINA Responsible June 18, 2020 03:08AM
I have never heard that before, however it's so profound. We always have to have someone to blame, like it will do any good. Thanks.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2020 03:09AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled,CHINA Responsible June 18, 2020 06:17AM
I have always felt that there is always a reason for everything. Placing blame is not a reason and should not be used in almost every situation, I once heard while I was teaching, "If she wasn't so pretty, I would not have knocked her up....now that is placing blame

Confused

Re: Bowling Green Cancelled,CHINA Responsible June 18, 2020 06:31AM
Yes the disease appears to have started in China. Then our leadership did nothing except compare it to the flu. And now we have the most cases in the world with new hot spots all over the country. But just keep blaming China.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2