Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 03:38AM
[www.motortrend.com]

Check out this article. The technology being tested in a natural gas cummins with the goal being emissions related. However, I could see this highly efficient ignition system being a future replacement for Mags

Re: Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 05:02AM
THIS JUST IN!!! The Outlaws have banned Plasma Ignition for all classes!!! LMAO

Re: Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 07:40AM
Years ago there was a system called ENOx. It was used the same way to light off a real lean mixture on low speed two cycle Natural Gas engines. I believe it came from the NASCAR world. Anyhow I can remember piles of ruble caused by it. Piston liners bearing etc. I’m sure it’s been perfected by now.

Re: Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 11:25AM
Most if not all of the plasma ignitions were removed from slow speed natural gas engines and replaced with pilot precombustion chambers. The plasma systems had issues meeting emissions guarantees and also had reliability issues.

Re: Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 03:59PM
I think the ultra-lean condition is the point that you all are referencing with tragic consequences. I think a lot of our current day tech in OSS would deem that inconsequential. It would however be beneficial under high boost loads whereas current methods would "blow out the spark"

Re: Plasma Ignition Technology - This could be a game-changer for OSS? June 29, 2020 11:58PM
No the destruction came from cylinders dropping and others overloading. Actually we would lean them out to cool them down ( lower NOx). The lean mixture was very hard to light off. Eventually pre-chamber became the norm. With much better results. But I get what your saying. Wonder who will try?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,580, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,841.

Our newest member BadHabit2