Van body July 10, 2020 03:42AM
Just wondering about semi van trailers for hauling with. I know most people like to use the drop deck moving van style trailers, but does anyone use standard deck enclosed van trailers, just use longer ramps? I am building a lllss so I dont' need a 48 or 53 ft trailer for one little tractor. I was looking at a 28ft single axle trailer similar to what a fed ex, ups, etc use. Any thoughts from guys that have experience? I have a smalle single axle International for pulling it, so i thought a small trailer would be better for that aspect as well? Thanks for any input.

Re: Van body July 10, 2020 02:30PM
Some of the truck pullers use them.

Use longer ramps with a support stand in the middle of the ramp.

Those trailers have a lower price.

Re: Van body July 12, 2020 10:34AM
I have a 53 foot dry van that I put living quarters in and put a ramp door on. Low pro 22.5 with the air dumped it’s not much higher than a step van

Re: Van body July 14, 2020 01:57PM
LLSSNewbie - A Wolverine & Grand National Super Farm puller operates a unit just like you are thinking to do. They have living quarters in a long wheelbase single axle truck, thus a toter. A 28' single axle trailer mounts to a standard fifth wheel at back of the truck frame. Yes, the trailer ramps are long. The owner enjoys engineering and fabrication, doing as much as possible..

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,615, Posts: 229,671, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520