Scam?? July 19, 2020 11:08AM
Someone trying to buy my transmission and coincidentally other parts from others that I know. Anyone else having a 480-659-1032 phone number trying to buy your equipment?

Re: Scam?? July 19, 2020 11:18AM
I’ve had a guy private message me and 1 guy email me. Kinda fishy. But not sure.

Re: Scam?? July 19, 2020 11:32PM
We have attempted to call, but no answer. Could be just a coincidence, but seems fishy

Re: Scam?? July 19, 2020 11:27AM
Call em.

Re: Scam?? July 19, 2020 11:57AM
I agree with Cody, call them and talk with them and you'll quickly figure out if they know what they're talking about or if they are scammers.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 02:37PM
Thanks for your help guys. I wish I could help authorities catch these kind of people. They make us skeptical of the honest buyers.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 12:15AM
I had same number text me this weekend asked if still avaible and offered to send a check. I asked them to call and havnt heard since.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 02:51AM
yep, wanted a chassis. Was sending check with extra money to pay hauler.
His dad was in hospital, etc.,etc.etc.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 05:46AM
Yeah he was texting me about a block and then quit. Same thing said his dad was in the hospital

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 03:04AM
It's 100% a scam. He tried to buy an interooler from me. Check showed up for $3000 more than the price and it was from a business. Same story dad in the hospital, deposit the check and then send money via Zelle to his hauler...etc. I knew it was scam right away and called the business that the check was from. Confirmed it was a fraudulent check. I alerted the local FBI office. He texted me for a few days after and I tried to keep him warm until the FBI could track him down. Eventually he gave up after I didn't send him any money.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 03:07AM
He texted me also, said Dad was in the Hospital

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 08:09AM
We had the same problem. texted wanting pictures on an intake manifold. Said that he would take it and asked me to hold it for him. Also the same story about dad in the hospital and said the he added the "movers fee" which was the first red flag. I called the number and it was some sort on google answering system.

Re: Scam?? July 20, 2020 09:18AM
I had the same exact thing also on a set of tires. Same story as well. Sent check, was from some business in New York City, contacted the business, and reported the guy, he finally messaged me again, and I thanked him for wasting my time, and that I turned him in, for some reason I never heard from him again...lol

Re: Scam?? July 21, 2020 09:19AM
"Sent check, was from some business in New York City,". Hmm, interesting.
Area code 480 is Phoenix, Arizona.
To me, that would be the first suspicious flag.
In reality, is there even much pulling in Phoenix, Arizona area?

Re: Scam?? August 03, 2020 07:13AM
Same thing happening right now, 480-659-1032 phone number, wanting to buy block and flywheel, sent check for $1800 more than agreed upon price for parts, stated it was to pay for mover's fee. Tried calling no answer. Area code 480 in Arizona, check shipped from Napa Auto Parts in Norcross Georgia and check from Bank in New York.

Re: Scam?? August 04, 2020 01:46PM
OK so I've got a guy with similar phone number texting me hot on an engine, pretty sure its a scam, did any of you guys request a money order? Thats what I did, he tried finding a way around and I said only way around was good ole CASH....supposedly there's a money order on the way well see....

Re: Scam?? August 04, 2020 01:59PM
A money order is no good they can make them up to

Re: Scam?? August 05, 2020 12:23AM
Apparently the Nigerians have moved on to tractor pulling

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing