Pro Pulling magazine July 21, 2020 09:33AM
Is everyone else receiving there pro pulling magazine or am I the only one? Have received one since the end of last year???

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 21, 2020 12:10PM
Weaver
Is everyone else receiving there pro pulling magazine or am I the only one? Have received one since the end of last year???

I would contact Bryan directly.

editor@hookmagazine.com

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 21, 2020 12:45PM
I’ve tried Sad

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 22, 2020 03:11AM
I've only received one as well...

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 22, 2020 06:04AM
For the record the last contact I had with Mr. Weaver had been on July 7th via text and I believed at that time any problem had been resolved. I again contacted him last evening and I hope to have found a resolution.

Yes the magazine(s) are late, horribly late, and I apologize. Any blame should be directed to me--and me alone--about PPM and The HOOK as well and how late they are running. Needless to say this pandemic has thrown what I do for a loop as well.

I can say that future editions of both magazines will find event and feature content. I am heading out later today for Council Bluffs, Iowa for the Champion Seed Western Series pull there tomorrow evening and a pair of pulls in Wisconsin on Friday and Saturday. That means when I get back to the office Monday I will keep pushing on, grinding out magazines. I could spit out three magazines in a week but they wouldn't look like what is right and respectful to the subscribers, pullers, and vendors represented in them. My expectations are much, much higher, and it takes time to do it right.

On a side note, since we are talking magazines and such: I am always looking for contributors to send in stuff for The HOOK. I also invite anyone who loves pulling to subscribe to one, or both magazines. The thing is if I had X number of subscribers I would be able to hire some staff to assist me. I have always ran this operation lean and mean because that's what has called for, it has helped me keep the lights on as the publisher of two of the three pulling magazines we have left. Print is not dead and I see social media further alienating customers on multiple levels. While yes, I can post something immediate on FB, Twitter, Instagram, etc..., how soon does it fall out of the loop for viewing? Digital has its place and so does print. Help me to help you all out.

Any questions or comments can be directed to editor@hookmagazine.com

Thank you.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 22, 2020 06:44AM
Hard to do a magazine about pulling when 75% is cancelled. Should probably subscribe to “Let’s Protest” if you want current content.

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 22, 2020 09:50AM
Cody
Hard to do a magazine about pulling when 75% is cancelled. Should probably subscribe to “Let’s Protest” if you want current content.
Actually, if you go digging there is content...heck I even know a guy in Middle Tennessee thats hoarding vintage pulling tractors now...I'll see if he wants to talk at some point.. Winking

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Pro Pulling magazine July 23, 2020 01:56PM
Bryan Lively

Actually, if you go digging there is content...heck I even know a guy in Middle Tennessee thats hoarding vintage pulling tractors now...I'll see if he wants to talk at some point.. Winking

He's too busy planning the fall edition of the Eagleville Super Pull of the South. Cool

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,564, Posts: 229,578, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,839.

Our newest member BadHabit2