8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 21, 2020 02:11PM
I have been thinking about this trip for a few years and am looking for some recommendations. Obviously with Covid right now, next year’s pulls are up in the air but I’m still looking for ideas. Here’s my plan:

Every summer I take vacation the last week of July. On my bucket list is to travel the Midwest for that week watching tractor pulling. The thought is to take a camper with some buddies and drive during the day/stop for groceries/supplies then park in the pits watch the pull, and either sleep overnight at the pull or get down the road a bit and find a place to sleep. I would plan to leave Friday night or Saturday morning of the weekend before the last week of July. I am located in southwest Ohio but am open to getting out to Iowa, Missouri, Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan or wherever makes sense to see some new iron. There are a couple pulls that I already have picked out on my list. (Great shows that I definitely would go to again). I’m open to any sanctioning body, or even brush/farmstock pulls. I will use this years dates for reference:

Updating my list in red

Sat 7/25: Nashville IL (ITPA) or Fairfield IL (PPL) (my wife's family is from Murphysboro/Ava IL area so I could meet up with them for this pull
Sun 7/26:
Mon 7/27: Waterloo IL (ITPA) I'll keep this as an option, although I'd like to get out farther by Monday, thinking N. Missouri/ E. Iowa if it makes sense
Tues 7/28: Thinking maybe somewhere S. Wisconsin or N. Illinois
Wed 7/29: May have to be a travel day to be at Elkhart for 8am start time
Thurs 7/30: Elkhart County Indiana
Fri 7/31: Fort Recovery Ohio
Sat 8/1: Fort Recovery Ohio

What pulls should I add to my list? The whole thought is travel the Midwest, see some beautiful countryside, meet some new people, and enjoy some good pulling!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2020 03:11AM by Stretch.

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 21, 2020 03:22PM
This week would have been a full week of pulling for us if it wasn’t for the Covid. We pull ITPA and some PPL.
Monday Waterloo, IL ITPA
Tuesday Highland, IL ITPA
Thursday Taylorville, IL ITPA
Friday Evansville, IN PPL
Saturday Fairfield, IL PPL

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 21, 2020 03:26PM
Saturday, July 25th you should consider coming to Nashville, IL. The ITPA is having an event and will be paying $2,000 to win for both the Pro Stocks and 4.1s.

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 22, 2020 01:23AM
Sat 7/25: Springfield, OH (NTPA R2), Fairfield, IL (PPL), Oak Harbor, OH (OSTPA)
Sun 7/26: Mount Vernon, OH (NTPA R2), Adrian, MI (Wolverine Pullers)
Sun 8/2: Tiffin, OH (OSTPA)

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 22, 2020 01:30AM
Springfield, Oak Harbor and Tiffin are cancelled.

OSTPA did add a 4 class pull for Saturday in Ansonia.

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 22, 2020 01:36AM
He's asking for next year based off of this year's schedule

Brent Yaron

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 22, 2020 01:38AM
Doh! Confused

In that case, Tiffin is usually a good show Spinning

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 22, 2020 08:58AM
Not a whole lot out this way that Sunday through Wednesday in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Missouri.

Brent Yaron

Re: 8 Days of Pulling, where should I go? July 26, 2020 02:30PM
Brent Yaron
Not a whole lot out this way that Sunday through Wednesday in Wisconsin, Illinois, Iowa, Minnesota, and Missouri.

I’m surprised to hear that. I figured there would be plenty of small time county fairs going on with local guys pulling. I’ll keep digging and see what I come up with. Thanks for the info so far!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2