Case IH MX170 fuel turn up advice please. August 01, 2020 06:29AM
Wanted to bump the power up a little on my MX170 farm tractor. (Cummins 5.9 p-pump with rsv governor). Turned the delivery screw under the cover at the bottom of the RSV governor in one turn. (Did it half turn first and tried it, not much different so went a full turn). Now quite smokey on start up but then clears ok. Seem livelier up the hill with just a hint of smoke under load. What I would consider near ideal.
But....here’s the thing.
Now seems that the exhaust is a lot hotter, even when you drive down the road a couple of miles without any load on it. When I shut it off the exhaust stack is ‘pinging’ away and the hood by the manifold/turbo area just feels much hotter than before.
Am I just being paranoid, or will I do some damage if I leave it set there?

Any help and advice appreciated.

Cheers

Re: Case IH MX170 fuel turn up advice please. August 02, 2020 03:16AM
you might want to bump your timing up a little, that should help. Good luck.

Re: Case IH MX170 fuel turn up advice please. August 02, 2020 05:42AM
Great, thanks, I’ll do that. Not a Cummins man, are there timing marks on that engine or how do I go about it?
Thanks

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,669, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520