Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 01:33PM
Does anybody know what the future looks like for the sport i absolutely love and I have gotten my 10 year old son to enjoy with me? We havent been able to go to a pull at all this year. My how things have changed. Thank you for any input.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 01:43PM
We are having pulls down in Dixie. Come in down, just remember to go back home. Lol

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:10PM
I’m as down in the dumps as the rest of ya on this pulling season. I’m waiting to hook mine for the first time yet this summer but we all will have much bigger fish to fry if Trump doesn’t win in November!!!! Just a little food for thought.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:14PM
Don’t Forget To Vote!
I’m as down in the dumps as the rest of ya on this pulling season. I’m waiting to hook mine for the first time yet this summer but we all will have much bigger fish to fry if Trump doesn’t win in November!!!! Just a little food for thought.

I agree 200%

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 01:50PM
Thank you for the response. We are in southwest wisconsin and thats too far for us to go.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:32PM
We live an hour from tomah and 20 minutes from hillsboro. As far as I an concerned those are 2 of the best pulls in the nation. This is the first time in 30 years we haven't been to tomah.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 01:57PM
I've been watching pull after pull get cancelled over the covid 19 issue, on Yesterdays Tractors pulling sub forum.
This virus crap is frustrating.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:26PM
I have been to 8 pulls in the last three weeks and three more scheduled for this coming weekend--Freeport, IL on 8/7 and 8/8 & Wyanconda, MO on 8/9. I passed a pull in Platteville, WI last weekend to get to two others up by Green Bay.

Bottom line there IS pulling going on and, YES, it might be a bunch of antiques and farm stocks and maybe even some hot farm/pro farms, NOT mods, pros, supers, etc... You just gotta search them out! I am as busy now as I have ever been running the roads going to pulls; much of it is an effort to build a base of content that may not be there if we get shut down.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:41PM
Thank you bryan. I will look these pulls up and try to make it to one of them.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 02:37PM
It seems this year with less pulls the quality of the show has improved a lot, people traveling more to different pulls and having fun. Maybe this is the future?

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 03:47PM
Farmallfan, upcoming on Aug 15 is the big "Nuclear..." pull at Byron IL, which isn't all that far from you. If you missed it, "Nuclear...Pull" is now on page 2. It also has their pull poster with all (wow, a lot, starting at 10AM) classes listed. Appears like quite an event.

I hope she soon gets the rules posted on here. Prep time is required likely for several interested to attend.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 11:12PM
There's a pull in Highland, Wisconsin on Aug 29. Starts at 4 . Check out the flyer on the Highland Tractor Pull on Facebook . It should show all the classes.

Re: Future of pulling. August 02, 2020 11:39PM
Boaz Platteville Dubuque???

Re: Future of pulling. August 03, 2020 12:13AM
Platteville cancelled Dairy Days last week was posted on Facebook . Dubuque was this past weekend , the ecitpa show had 150 vehicles signed up . Good crowd .

Re: Future of pulling. August 03, 2020 12:40AM
I have this feeling that Rockwell this weekend is going to be huge as far as pullers and spectators due to lack of shows out there. I may be wrong but I am traveling 5 hrs one way for Saturdays shows!!!!

Re: Future of pulling. August 03, 2020 02:05AM
I'm fortunate to live in the state of Missouri where I have already been to 15 pulls this year....Actually 3 were in Kansas and 1 in Oklahoma....I have 16 more pulls to hit if none gets cancelled or rained out...Yes,8 of the 15 so far were antique pulls and I pulled at 7 of them....I also have been to 2 national level and 5 state level pulls..I have 8 state level pulls left and will have a tractor at the ones having my class..

Re: Future of pulling. August 03, 2020 02:47AM
To try and bring this back on topic I think that we will see changes in the pulling world just like the rest of society. I'm not sure every county fair will come back as before. I'm not sure every business that supports pulling will survive. Will there be money to support some of the pulling teams? Not every pullers owns a big business or has deep pockets that will allow them to pull on the national stage. Sure great events will bounce back, however some will have to regroup to stay viable. And then there's the sponsors money, will it still be there after this virus is gone. And last but not least is the fans, many have seen their incomes reduced or eliminated. I really don't believe that 2021 will look like 2019 in the pulling world.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,597, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,853.

Our newest member BadHabit2