ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 08:38AM
So how much iron is in rockell with the show only hours away???? And how much more is expected to show up due to some classes pull tomorrow n Saturday????

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 08:47AM
I would have to believe there will be a lot of rigs in Rockwell. This probably will be the biggest outdoor sanctioned event this year. Hoping everything goes great for them this weekend.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 11:59AM
where are all the mods?

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 12:28PM
How Many of each

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 12:30PM
4 mods 8 diesel ss trucks

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 01:21PM
Berg & Barga

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 12:23PM
Very poor showing by mods and diesel trucks. I drove from Ohio to watch so it's a little disappointing. We'll enjoy what is here though! It's all we got this year.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 01:03PM
Let's guess doc, keilmeyers, and two others

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 05:38PM
Good class of limited pros and super farms and 2wds. Pretty slow paced show, too much time with nothing hooked and ready to go. Only 3 mods. Diesel trucks was normal for this part of the country

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 05:47PM
With the rain delay I think the show was just fine. Yes light in the mods but still a fun time tonight!

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 11:36PM
It was a good show last night, I was expecting a few more mods to pull since both the mods and unlimiteds are there this weekend. Don't know if the election virus kept them home or if some pullers decided to take the year off since most of the pulls are cancelled this year anyways.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 01:30AM
I'm assuming most stayed home because they aren't going to bring it out for one event, or they aren't going to be traveling very far from home. It was a good show last night and there's still A LOT of iron back in the pits. It's an odd year, but let's take what we can get! Hats off to everyone at the North Iowa Nationals for putting this event together!

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 06, 2020 11:45PM
I was hoping to see a few more trucks in our (SSDFWD) class too but given the year I think 7 trucks compares OK to 2017 when there was 8 and last year there were 9.

It was far from last week in Indiana (21 trucks) but given a good number of those trucks were from OH and PA, TN...etc. I can see them not wanting to drive 12-15+ hours for a Thursday night hook.....

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 12:11AM
I agree with the Thursday night pull. It makes for a long weekend when there is 48 hours between your hooks. I wonder if the numbers in Farley will be any better next weekend for the ssdfwd.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 02:32AM
Is Rockwell a Single OR Twin Track? If a single track, then 3.85 minutes between is a normal time. But if a twin track, 3.85 is way too long. Should be about half that. If a twin track, what caused long delay to get next track pulling?

Results shows lots of great close action.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 02:56AM
It's two tracks, but one thing that slowed the show down was the rain. It over saturated the track and took a little extra track prep to get it ready for the next hook. The amount of dirt that was in front of the buck board was pretty crazy. Plus the pan on the sled dug up the track pretty good as well which they had to work the dirt back into. It would have been a 3 and a half hour show without the rain delay. I would assume things will run a little smoother moving forward in the weekend.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 03:05AM
Rockwell is a twin track. They had good momentum going between each hook before the rain delay but after that it slowed a bit. I don't think the added moisture had anything to do with it since the track conditions didn't suffer, if anything it just got better. There was some breakage that slowed the show down and that is to be expected.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 04:58AM
Who broke??? Bad enough that they cant be back tonight or tomorrow? I am coming from 5 hrs away and want as many hooks as possible ...for saturday

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 05:35AM
Conways LPS left front wheel broke off, Kielmeyers mod not sure but was towed off track, Bargas mod electrical fire after the pull, Amundsons twd blown motor. Im sure there were a few more but those are the ones I remember off hand.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 07, 2020 07:31AM
The only issue may be the blown motor. Other 3 are no problem.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 08, 2020 03:03AM
what happened to the ntpa 320-ish track. notsupposed to have 350' pulls

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 08, 2020 07:17AM
I wondered that too. Full pull set at 350'. I just wish ntpa could have some consistency with this rule.

Re: ROCKWELL IRON August 08, 2020 09:27AM
fullpull320
what happened to the ntpa 320-ish track. notsupposed to have 350' pulls

Per NTPA Tech page, new rules for 2020:

Pulloffs:

2019 Rule pg 87 letter D, number 1 & 2 now reads:

At all NTPA-sanctioned events, (all levels) the maximum measurable distance will be 350 feet. Length/distance may be less as determined by that event’s insurance application and as verified by NTPA.
The boundary lines at all levels will extend to 350 feet.”

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,570, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,834.

Our newest member BadHabit2