Cloverdale September 15, 2020 08:30AM
Announced on Facebook pull is cancelled. The first victim for 2021.

Re: Cloverdale September 15, 2020 09:46AM
Maybe they should find a venue in South Dakota, Iowa or Missouri to host a winter pull. I gotta say Iowa had some terrific shows this year and I plan on going there again next year.

Re: Cloverdale September 15, 2020 09:54AM
Seems a lil early to cancel, this will all be over an go away after November 3rd.

Re: Cloverdale September 16, 2020 03:14AM
Riduculous!! That is 4 months away. Nothing like running away with tail between legs.

If that is how NTPA is going to conduct business in 2121, I fear most pullers will go to PPL and / or their area really good sanctioning body.

That will not bode well for keeping NTPA alive financially.

With the disasterous 2020 NTPA pull schedule, it is well past time for WPI management to wake up and face reality. And the NTPA board need to put pressure on WPI.

For all the NTPA 2020 cancelled events and yet during the cancellation announcement, it was announced when that pull is scheduled in 2021. I wonder how hard and fast the contract is? Can said promoter tell NTPA bye-bye for 2021 and co-sanction with someone else, without incurring NTPA financial liability?

Re: Cloverdale September 16, 2020 04:05AM
that pull was cancelled not because of the virus but it was goint to be cancelled anyway loosing money

Re: Cloverdale September 16, 2020 05:28AM
"that pull was cancelled not because of the virus but it was goint to be cancelled anyway loosing money"

You should probably talk to Carl before you make statements like that......If you had been at the event you would know different. Maybe try talking to him personally and you'll know the facts.

As for it being cancelled....did you ever think it has to do with both the promoter and the organization as well as state & local gov's? It's not just one person making the call. I'd rather find out it is cancelled now rather than 2 weeks before hand.

Let's talk about this again on Nov 4th and see if the magic happened or not (insert sarcastic snicker here).

Re: Cloverdale September 16, 2020 12:55PM
Riduculous!!
Riduculous!! That is 4 months away. Nothing like running away with tail between legs.

If that is how NTPA is going to conduct business in 2121, I fear most pullers will go to PPL and / or their area really good sanctioning body.

That will not bode well for keeping NTPA alive financially.

With the disasterous 2020 NTPA pull schedule, it is well past time for WPI management to wake up and face reality. And the NTPA board need to put pressure on WPI.

For all the NTPA 2020 cancelled events and yet during the cancellation announcement, it was announced when that pull is scheduled in 2021. I wonder how hard and fast the contract is? Can said promoter tell NTPA bye-bye for 2021 and co-sanction with someone else, without incurring NTPA financial liability?

Step up and put YOUR money on the line to promote it. I’m confident they would gladly take your money to rent the facility.
For a show of this size, there are lots of logistics that have to be in place well in advance, and lots of money gets spent well in advance of the show. I’m sure, as was stated in the OP, that cash flow for the facility has been poor due to event cancellations this year, and they can’t risk spending a bunch of money for a show that could be cancelled at any time.
So by all means, get ahold of them and take over promoting the show and show the rest of us how it should be done.

Re: Cloverdale, to ;Riduculous,,,,,,, September 16, 2020 01:50PM
NTPA wasn't the one to call off the pull!
Promoter was !!!!
If you actually knew how this works you would know this.
Put aside your obvious hate for NTPA and actually think about it. If you are able.

Re: Cloverdale, to ;Riduculous,,,,,,, September 16, 2020 01:59PM
Some people are just way out there it seems. If you can`t say anything nice, don`t say anything at all is how I was brought up.

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 12:36AM
Riduculous That comment is kinda like Biden blaming Trump for Climate Change!!

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 01:40AM
C'mon, you guys obviously do not understand what I stated.

First, you would be very surprised what I have done for NTPA for decades. Thus, I have hate for them? Really??? Then I wonder why I have had such a tremendous allegiance for them. Why do you think I expressed my concern as to what happened to them in 2020 season and thus how 2021 season is starting with their sanctioning. Have you not heard all the rumors out there, including on pulloff.com about them? Maybe you are the ones that need to get real.

Second, I understand how the promotion process works. Which includes it is a promoter decision. But how much did K&K insurance factor into this? (After all, insurance companes literally run this country. Right in conjucntion with lawyers.) My point about cancelling so early is, it is 4 months in advance. C'mon, lets give it a chance to see how all this CV 19 stuff proceeds. And yet here is Klint to promote his G-ville pull at the same time, and he is roaring ahead. Klint personally told me as we started the '20 pull season that he did not know if he could / would have the '21 pull as Champaign County (Illinois) was being very tough to deal with. Which to my understanding, Illinois state regulations have been far tougher than Indiana.

Third. Let's put all this into another perspective. Because of all the cancelled pulls from a big multitude of all sanctioning bodies, Look at how many individual people / small sanctioning bodies stepped up to the plate and put together and promoted a pull in 2 to 4 weeks time. I even attended two of them. Might even be a third one yet unless we are already harvesting.

Fourth. I left my original post challenging your mind, asking a very valid question. But that is not surprising there currently are no answers. I have posted a lot of valid questions over the years on here, that never receive an answer. But, too often, slanderous personal attacks are directed at me instead. So, c'mon, chuck knapp, you are a past NTPA promoter. Answer that question. And anybody else that is / has been in recent years a NTPA promoter. And, chuck knapp, what comment did I make that is so offensive to you in the original post?

After all, NTPA is starting the 2021 season off on a bad foot. I hope that is not setting the precedent. And perhaps there should be a shakeup in the WPI board. Those are the points of my original post. What is so hard to understand about that?

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 01:49AM
ridiculous, it hard to commit slander when there is no name attached. Just saying. Smiling

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 02:40AM
Again you keep blaming NTPA for starting off on a bad note when they weren't the ones making the call, the promoter did. It's the promoters choice whether they want to take the chance at having a pull this year. There is a lot of money involved and they obviously didn't want to take the risk with everything that's been going on. Is it the right decision, who knows, as maybe it is the right call by the time those dates roll around and maybe it's not. Even if it was a bad call it's not like they lost out on anything and they should be back for 2022.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 03:01AM
I gotta be honest, if I was an promoter for an indoor event, I’d cancel as well. There’s no guarantee of what can happen prior or leading up to the event. You cannot just risk thousands of dollars on a chance. There’s just just way to much to risk with little upside this winter. Businesses and people in general are hurting financially as this stupid virus continues to play havoc with our livelihood. While I know, “if you build it, they will come”, it’s just too risky.

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 05:36AM
I sure hope you’re right! Right now this country is in the crapper and we all are being played like a bunch of suckers!! Take a good look what’s going on locally and nationally. I said it before and I’ll say it again, some where their are a group of people laughing their asses off over this!!!!!

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 07:23AM
So....are you saying the virus isn't real?

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 10:36AM
It’s definitely real however it is overhyped. The numbers aren’t real, the tests don’t work. Governors and mayors (Nashville) are purposely lying to their constituents. Depending on the outcome in November COVID-19 will be reduced to the priority level of the flu.

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 11:52AM
Nope not saying it isn’t real. Just like NO stated numbers aren’t realistic. Media is doing a fabulous job of scaring the crap out of the ignorant population that believe everything cotton picking thing they read or hear. You know we are being played when it’s fine to go stand elbow to elbow at Walmart or Lowe’s but it’s not ok to fill the stands at a tractor pull or dirt track race OUTSIDE!!!!! We have watched our freedom slowly dwindle away and it makes me sick!!!

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 03:13PM
Just Sayin', in your first post, you sure fit your accusation right back to yourself, right to a tee.

Brent Yaron, do you know the meaning of "decades"? Decades of NTPA involvement. In fact, more than twice your age. Do you really believe I do not know it was a promoter cancellation. And just how many $$$$$$ is involved to promote a pull?

And just maybe, Brent, it was NTPA's fault for Cloverdale being cancelled. After all, what were we hearing this summer for the reason that all their pulls, except four, were being cancelled. K&K Insurance. In fact, if I recall correctly, you have even said so on here. And there was at least one promoter on here that even stated that as the reason their pull was cancelled. And that certainly was not no four months in advance of the scheduled pull date. (Interesting how said promoter then put together a top paying really good state sanctioned pull in about 2 or 3 weeks. And now doing another one.)

And if K&K Ins. really is the real reason for all the cancellations, then is it not well past time for a new insurance carrier? Or is WPI/NTPA stilled tied into a non-cancellable multi-year contract? If that is the real scenario, and this CV19 mandates carries through to end of 2021 like Dr. Fauci has recently stated, just what do you think that will do to NTPA? In fact, to any sanctioning body / individual promoter?

But, let's just look into this Cloverdale cancellation a little bit further. Here it is, 2 days or more since this thread started. But how many of you have gone to ntpapull.com to read the "News" announcement and reason for cancellation. I have every day. I just did a few minutes ago. No such "news".
Hmmm, so give that a little more thought.
If the cancellation is true, why is it not on NTPA website news? Every other event recived a cancellation 'news' clip. Scroll from top to bottom of NTPA schedule. Cloverdale 2021 does not exist.
Hmmm, so give that a little more thought.
The owner of the Cloverdale facility is a WPI board member. Hmmm, what does he know that rest of us do not about the possibility of the upcoming '21 season. Add that to no official NTPA Cloverdale cancellation announcement. Thus my concern about what his pull cancellation may mean as a precedent for the upcoming '21 season.

I certainly hope the WPI board soon gets their act together. Hopefully it is not too late. If they just sit back and let the '21 season get cancelled out, like '20, where do you think that will leave the oldest pulling sactioning body financially?

Re: Cloverdale September 17, 2020 11:22PM
Please stop with your constant negative doomsday BS rant. Nobody really cares. Negativity breeds more negativity. It's been a total sh!t year and will likely be another for most of 2021. So get over yourself and let's worry about this when the virus is gone and we can attempt a return to normal.

Life will go on, there's more to life than whether the NTPA does everything right according to you.

Re: Cloverdale September 18, 2020 08:02AM
Maybe Just Sayin’ and just sayin aren’t the same people posting, hmmm?

Just Sayin’ Spinning

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,575, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2