Hub mounting September 18, 2020 01:35AM
Is it best to mount a 9 bolt 3 U bolt clamp on hub as far in as possible on the axle, or can it be half out? Reasoning is for 11” and 19” backspacing on these 30.5 rims I have. This is a 970 case 3.5” axle 23” from end to trumpet housing. Making 6-700hp, 10,000lb tractor.

Re: Hub mounting September 18, 2020 06:24AM
Do yourself a favor and use weld on hubs, cast hubs will break.
Are you saying your wheels have different backspacings?

Re: Hub mounting September 18, 2020 07:52AM
Oh really? I would’ve thought they’d be good and heavy duty, they must weigh 50-60lbs each. No sorry I meant depending whether I dish the rim in or out, the backspacing is different on each side so if I dish in then I would have to mount the hub half way out on the axle, and with them dished out and the hubs all the way in, the tractor is about 110” wide, wanting to narrow things up! I suppose weld on would solve the issue as these big clamp ones are about a foot long. Any help is appreciated, rookie to this.

Re: Hub mounting September 18, 2020 11:05AM
Get a set of Cap Bros hubs stronger than U bolt hubs, move them as needed.

Petes number is (816) 308-8879

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Hub mounting September 18, 2020 03:16PM
I’ll be honest , you are right at the border for 3 bolt hubs to hold up , I’m with everyone else , weld on is what you need !

Re: Hub mounting September 19, 2020 12:40AM
How close or how far you put your hubs on the axle is open to opinion. As for the u bolt hubs like anything else need to be put on a CLEAN axle and torqued properly. An impact is not acceptable procedure. If run loose they break like anything else.

Re: Hub mounting September 19, 2020 02:01AM
Turn the hub around and put it on the outside of the wheel until you can find different rims with the correct backspace. It’s a pain to remove the rims but it will narrow you up as much as possible for now

Re: Hub mounting September 19, 2020 01:47AM
I would put them as close to axle housing as possible, that way if you need to lose weight? can cut off extra axle shaft still sticking out

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,579, Posts: 229,610, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,859.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing