PPL website September 27, 2020 03:43AM
PPL's website sucks. All I want to know is Pro Stock results from last night and their website won't work. I know that Masterson won but I don't know any distances. Since they updated the website over the winter, it's turned into complete garbage

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 04:21AM
"PPL's website sucks." I second the motion!! It's as bad as trying to find bona fide info on F-book.

I went to find what the point standings were in each class prior to Wheatland event. No such thing.

I click on "Line Up". Shows 1 class for an Ohio event exactly 2 years ago.

And people want to say that PPL is the leader in pulling world today. Certainly not in their website.

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 06:06AM
Their so busy taking pulls from NTPA they barely got time to keep up with them, let alone update the website, busy busy busy !!!!

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 08:40AM
The website is not worth much. Lots of ads and a press release usually about day before event. No results, no standings. They could just repost Rodneys results a couple days after event.

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 06:12AM
Here you go. The website is in need of some work, but that’s out of PPLs control as it’s the folks back in California that update it.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 10:31AM
I can understand the concerns with the website functionality especially if you're trying to access info on a mobile device. Points standings and results are easily accessible by desktop/laptop which is how I access them, and I frankly wasn't aware of the mobile access issues until today, I simply don't use the site on my phone.

I like the design and layout of the new site but all changes are now submitted to the California HQ, where in the past with the old website it could be updated at PPL HQ. Yes, at some point, I agree, things that were quickly updated in the past I too hope can return to that prior speed; however I can't speak to the obstacles/hurdles/challenges to get back to that, because otherwise it wouldn't have changed.

I write 95% of the press releases you see on the site and the timing is intentional on my part. I send them out via Constant Contact, which you can subscribe to at the PPL website under the "newsletter" heading and a copy to California for same-day release. I believe that kicking a press release out too early means the info gets lost the shuffle and people will forget...our attention spans, mine included, are horribly short. I try to kick them out usually on a Wednesday before a Friday show, for example, and it seems reasonable to me.

I am proud of the sponsor roster shown on the website because partners like them help keep pulling and motorsports in general going in these trying times.

As to getting immediate, real-time results and action, you MUST subscribe to Rodney's Live Results and pick up the Lucas Oil Racing TV app. Two HIGHLY affordable means to watch and keep up with results. I have spent several nights this season watching a pull on my phone while standing on a track at another or watching results from Rodney's page if there wasn't a live stream. It reminds me again of the adage "good-fast-cheap - pick two..."

Pick which suits you best.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 12:03PM
What about the magazine

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 12:35PM
Working on them now, one going to printer Tuesday night. Spent most of the past 8-10 weeks on road gathering content, and we should be good content-wise for a while, thankfully.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 05:44PM
I would think there is plenty of stuff to cover even with this covid. Like 2018 points champs, 2019 points champs. People are paying for a subscription and not receiving one!!

Re: PPL website September 27, 2020 06:51PM
Indeed I do have several features rolling in the next magazine and limited event content, all, yes, overdue. I also have other stuff working to carry us through early 2021, because we really don't know what the pulling season will consist of beyond that, "Magazine," I would be happy to discuss the editorial schedule of Pro Pulling at your convenience. My number is 270-202-6742, thank you for your concern.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: PPL website September 28, 2020 04:22PM
Bryan.
Just keep plugging away at the magazine(s), As long as us subscribers get them, we are good.
Us subscribers that actually read, and comprehend the editors comments know that life situations get in the way sometimes.
I am sure "Grumpy Gus" will submit an article or two to help you get back on track.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2