Is this legit? October 03, 2020 12:33PM
Somebody posted on Fonda's board that Simons want to book a pull opposite of Bowling Green. Not sure if it would be PPL or going the Galot route of big $ non-sanctioned.

Hope this is not true. Can we leave the Bowling Green date alone? (This would also be opposite of Wisner, much closer to Farley, IA than BG).

Is this legit in the works, or a bunch of bunk?

Re: Is this legit? October 04, 2020 01:04AM
I wouldn't have a problem with Simon's having a pull the same weekend as BG. There is more than enough iron to go around for both to have a good show. What I would like to see is a true championship pull where the promoter would invite the top 3 from NTPA, PPL and Outlaws at the end of the season, similar to the Enderle.

Re: Is this legit? October 06, 2020 01:26PM
Spectacular idea!
And, since we are talking about Simon's,,
They have pulled all three associations, and have the facility and crew to pull this off.

Re: Is this legit? October 06, 2020 01:43PM
Simon's just bought their own sled too from pictures I've seen floating around.

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 01:26AM
Yup, they bought a Bauer sled that was only used for one season until the sled operator for it passed away.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 05:28AM
What a crock of @#$%& if they do they piss on them what low life ppl why not do it the weekend after what’s wrong with that might as well book a pull on top of the farm show while there at it

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 06:07AM
You realize Hamburg use to fall on BG every year until they decided to no longer have a pull there...

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/07/2020 06:07AM by Brent Yaron.

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 07:06AM
OK there’s some people that need to just chill out a little bit. Now I love going to BG and have been going every year for the last 10 years. However, this belief some people have put the rest of the pulling world has to all be at BG every year and can’t have any kind of event on that weekend is ridiculous. Personally if I was in Bowling Green the Simmons do you have their event maybe I will only have to sit and watch 55 Twd trucks instead of 80 I would be willing to bet Gary Joe lives in Bowling Green Ohio

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 07:16AM
But from a business perspective, what would be the point of having it on the same weekend? Maybe there are some fans that come from Iowa/Wisconsin/Illinois to BG that you would be missing out on for your own pull. Not to mention also competitors that would also come to your own pull if it wasn't on BG weekend. Also, doesn't Wisner, NE also have a pull that weekend?

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 08:34AM
It is a free country though some of you dont act like it BG has GN classes it brings in. Also Wisner must not count because it falls on BG weekend and that 85lps, 4.1s and other classes that are big across the river do not compete at BG. Thats not taking into account the huge number of two wheelers that could any number of places and pull and not hurt anyones numbers. If the plan was to pull on BG weekend they could easily have 100 hooks per session at Farley and nobody would likely know the difference at BG or Wisner. Farley wouldnt hurt either pull for attendance those that go to BG will continue to drive to that event and those that attend Wisner would do the same. The Simons, if they were to do this, are smart enough to see that there is room for another pull on this weekend. Rather than get sideways about being on BG weekend, possibly, do you think maybe its actually a sign of how healthy pulling might be in 2021?

Re: Is this legit? October 19, 2020 12:44AM
Also Gary Joe please don't come to an event we have because you called me and my family a low lifes and i feel you are a rude person and i would rather not ever have negative people like you at one of our events thank you in advance.

Fans like you are what make promoters wonder why they even do it.

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 07:21AM
The last time I checked it was free country, yes I'll admit I'm a BG fan but if there are other pulls that weekend that's fine. If guys want to pull at BG fine if there is another pull closer to home or the pull is part of a points series they are running, they might want to go there instead. BG will be fine the numbers fluctuate every year and if he other pulls come together hope they do well. Gives the pullers options to go run at other venues.

Re: Is this legit? October 07, 2020 12:52PM
The Original Michael
Somebody posted on Fonda's board that Simons want to book a pull opposite of Bowling Green. Not sure if it would be PPL or going the Galot route of big $ non-sanctioned.

Hope this is not true. Can we leave the Bowling Green date alone? (This would also be opposite of Wisner, much closer to Farley, IA than BG).

Is this legit in the works, or a bunch of bunk?

They have pretty much ran out of parking spaces at BG anyway.
As others have said below, there is plenty of trucks and tractors to have another pull someplace anyway.

Re: Is this legit? October 08, 2020 12:08AM
Sure, there’s enough vehicles to go around for many classes to have another event that weekend. But, BG is as close to a combined “Super Bowl/National Championship” there is in the sport. You have the opportunity to bring the top talent from most sanctioned bodies to compete together on the same track. When you’re lucky enough to get a top ten, top five, or blessed enough to win .... that’s quite the feather in the cap. I’d hate to see that diminish where it could be said, “well if so-and-so would’ve been there, they’d probably not won”. There’s plenty of weekends to pull, aren’t there?

Re: Is this legit? October 08, 2020 12:44AM
I certainly don't have a problem with the Simon's who do a great job with not only their vehicles, but also as pulling promoters with their right to promote a pull ant time they want. However as I wrote about the PPL Hamburg NY show it's the PPL pullers that want to hook at the world's largest pull who can't. I realize that BG has so many entries that a competing show has little effect on their show or numbers, however BG is more than just a pull, it's the biggest, best show there is. The chance to see the best of the best run heads up is a win for pullers and fans.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/08/2020 01:12AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Is this legit? October 08, 2020 02:28PM
BG is overrated from a puller's perspective. Sitting in staging lines for hours to be herded thru........ I'll pass.

Re: Is this legit? October 08, 2020 11:04PM
That is sort of like Yogi Berra's quote when asked about a certain restaurant he said "people don't go there anymore because it is so crowded". You're logic makes absolutely no sense.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Another point October 09, 2020 01:08AM
This is conjecture at this point, but there are other pulls usually held the weekend of BG much closer to Farley, IA.

This year the Simon pull was in the spot when Hillsboro would normally be. However, the 2 weekends later (the week after BG, Wisner, and Owatonna for UPM and the WTPA hook normally that weekend, plus Badger State usually has a pull that weekend) would be a better choice.

That weekend is Schied, true, but of the 6 classes Simons ran, 5 (mods, twd, mini, USS and LSS) are not contested at Schied. They could run basically the same event and plug in a diesel truck or tractor class ( if PPL sanctioned could be Western Series, if independent could be any class).

Also, since they would not be head to head with Wisner one state over, they could get a number of Outlaws pullers depending on what classes are ran.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2020 01:10AM by The Original Michael.

FACTS are here folks! October 19, 2020 12:39AM
Everyone must be bored i want to set the record straight here We have NO plans to set a pull the date of BG in 2021 not really sure how this was started but if you don't know what your talking about and the facts please ask me my contact info is below!

At this time our only pull we have set in stone is for June 11th-12th Lucas Oil Champions Tour witch was the same weekend we had set for 2020 we are in the schedule works of setting up events with the western series, NTPA, Ecipa, And a couple other clubs. Or goal for 2021 is to have a pull a month and have everything pull here from a farmall M to Pro Stock!

We bought our own sled so when we want to have these events we have the sled right here and ready to go! Also we plan on booking our sled out for some close events around us. The sled is all lettered up with pictures of my dads pulling vehicles and is a memorial to him and his passion for this sport. Its been a real stuggle for us to push forword with pulling as we did this with him and learned it all from him but we are doing it and doing it bigger than ever!

But there will not be a pull on top of Tomah or BG as these were always pulls we looked forward to if we could make it there!

Thank you all for your time I hope this clears the air!

rjsimon@simonstrucking.com
cell is 563-580-3304

Re: FACTS are here folks! October 19, 2020 02:52AM
Thank you for clearing that up, RJ.

Congrats on getting 300 Raceway on the Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model schedule again next year. Hope you have a huge turnout of cars for that date.
Very sorry about the loss of your father. He was a true Hall of Fame puller and legend in the sport.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2020 02:52AM by The Original Michael.

Re: FACTS are here folks! October 19, 2020 05:56AM
I think somebody totally out of the loop saw on Fondas board where the Simon pull was August this year and assumed that meant 2021 was going to be on top of BG. Look at thread for yourself.

Re: Is this legit? October 09, 2020 09:22AM
Hamburg used to be a ntpa pull too and the ntpa booked over BG! I see no problems with both on the same weekend!

In context October 09, 2020 09:55AM
GirbachA
Hamburg used to be a ntpa pull too and the ntpa booked over BG! I see no problems with both on the same weekend!

To the best of my knowledge, both of the following are true. If not, someone please provide specific years and events:

1. Hamburg wasn't scheduled over top of BG when it was an NTPA pull. I think it was ran during the week. It only was the same weekend as BG when PPL took over. Hamburg was usually earlier in August.

2. NTPA lost the BG sanction in 1987. To the best of my knowledge, that was the one and only time NTPA booked over BG. I know they ran Indiana State Fair on Sunday and Monday (I was there on Sunday). You can find a video here: Indiana State Fair '87 I think they may have done Pocono right before that.

It was such a roaring success they only did it once.

EDIT: Edited on 10/10. Here is the official list of NTPA running events over BG. TNT and then USHRA sanctioned BG between 1987-1997.
In 1987, NTPA ran Pocono and Indiana State Fair.
In 1988, Morris, Manitoba. Long way away for that one.
In 1990, Pocono.
It was a bad idea when NTPA did it. It was a bad idea when ATPA did it at Gaithersburg, MD the one year they ran opposite BG, and likewise PPL doing it at Hamburg, also over top of their longstanding member state hook that same weekend at Pike, NY not that far away.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2020 04:13PM by The Original Michael.

Lexington Alabama October 09, 2020 12:41PM
The Original Michael

To the best of my knowledge, both of the following are true. If not, someone please provide specific years and events:

1. Hamburg wasn't scheduled over top of BG when it was an NTPA pull. I think it was ran during the week. It only was the same weekend as BG when PPL took over. Hamburg was usually earlier in August.

2. NTPA lost the BG sanction in 1987. To the best of my knowledge, that was the one and only time NTPA booked over BG. I know they ran Indiana State Fair on Sunday and Monday (I was there on Sunday). You can find a video here: Indiana State Fair '87 I think they may have done Pocono right before that.

It was such a roaring success they only did it once.

I'm pretty sure for many years Lexington AL had their NTPA state/regional/grand national pull the same weekend as BG back in the 90's

Re: Lexington Alabama October 09, 2020 01:16PM
kevinh
I'm pretty sure for many years Lexington AL had their NTPA state/regional/grand national pull the same weekend as BG back in the 90's

Lexington, AL was the week prior to BG. In fact, NTPA had crazy scheduling where Hamburg Wed/Thurs and drive all night for Lexington Fri/Sat.

Re: Lexington Alabama October 09, 2020 03:28PM
The Original Michael

Lexington, AL was the week prior to BG. In fact, NTPA had crazy scheduling where Hamburg Wed/Thurs and drive all night for Lexington Fri/Sat.

Early 90s lexington Alabama and Pocono was the same weekend as BG

Re: Lexington Alabama October 10, 2020 11:15AM
The Original Michael

I remember going to Hamburg when they had that crazy schedule. Guys would pull and then load up immediately after their hook. There were plenty of times where guys would be loaded and driving out of the fairgrounds when their class was still pulling. They didn't even wait to find out where they placed, they just hit the road as soon as they could to head to Alabama. It was terrible scheduling by the NTPA.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Is this legit? October 20, 2020 01:41AM
This question seems to come up every couple years..............so hear we go again.

1987 Bowling Green sanctioned with TNT and NTPA had pulls at the Buck and the Indy State Fair that weekend.

1988 Bowling Green sanctioned with TNT and NTPA had a pull in Morris, MB that weekend

1989 BG sanctioned with TNT and there were no conflicts

1990 BG sanctioned with TNT and NTPA had the Pocono super nationals that same weekend.

1991-1997 BG sanctioned with USHRA no real conflicts.

1998 BG sanctioned with NTPA and ATPA ran a pull in MD only conflict were the 2wd & 4wd classes.

Dan Mayer

www.pulling-reference.com
Dedicated to Preserving the History of Tractor & Truck Pulling

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2