12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 05, 2020 10:13PM
In an open RPM, no water injection, mechanical P pumped Cummins; what factory head will make more power after port and polish and runner intake is added? 3x3 box turbo and 360 cubes.

How much will the power differnce be?

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 06, 2020 01:10AM
24v will make more

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 06, 2020 02:10AM
people that use 4 valve heads simply don't know how to balance charge motion and flow in a 2 valve head just sayin !

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 06, 2020 03:59AM
Guessing that's a joke or youre being sarcastic. Youre not saying all the engineers that designed the 24 valve head are not as smart as you are you? They designed the 4 valve heads because they are better and they flow more. sure a two valve head can run strong but apple for apples the 24 valve head can flow more and make more power.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 06, 2020 06:53AM
A lot of classes don't allow 24 valves to run. The old 2 valves per head rule. Never understood this if a engine is legal and it came out in a 24 valve configuration stock then I think it should be allowed.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 06, 2020 07:08AM
Completely agree, no stock parts should be banned in any tractor class. OEM 24-valve heads should be legal, OEM overhead cams should be legal, OEM EFI should be legal, OEM ECU's should be legal. If it came from the factory it should be allowed to go down the track. Aftermarket versions of those same things... that's a whole different discussion but OEM parts should be legal from Stock classes all the way to Super Stock classes and everything in between.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 08, 2020 02:53AM
So your opinion is if its oem then it should be good to go. So unmanned tractors are running is that good to go? You may say no but by your logic other's could argue what's the difference. And by the same logic are you allowing any ag or just two wheel drive configurations? If two wheel drive then Why do we have 903's running? Allowing ECU controlled fuel systems you are going to open a really big issue with no good way to police smaller powered classes.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 08, 2020 12:31PM
Everything I listed was an OEM engine component/part. Unmanned/drone style tractors has nothing to do with the engine. It's the same reason why I'm not saying that front wheel drive should be allowed or dual wheels should be allowed, or a jump seat and a passenger for that matter either.

As for the 903 or any Ag engine rule, it should have never, ever, ever been allowed in the first place. I don't blame the guys that run them or developed them, they simply took advantage of the rules as written... I blame the rule makers for making terrible rules. The Open/Unlimited Super guys seem to like them so keep them in that class. It shouldn't be in Super Farm, Hot Farm, Pro Stock, Light Pro or any other two wheel drive tractor class.

As for ECU controlled fuel systems... it would have to be all OEM parts. Shouldn't you be able to show up with a stock tractor and pull in a farm stock class? Maybe we need to rename classes to classic farm stock or classic hot farm since a modern bone stock tractor can't seem to run in those classes.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 08, 2020 02:54PM
Like I said no way to police it. All of them can run tuned files with stock parts and it's not visible to you, no tuner box present and Dealers them self don't see what's been tuned all they can do is over write it with a new file. So you have one guy stock and another 20% over how do you police it on stock parts.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 08, 2020 11:13PM
Personally, I don't care if they tune with a computer/ECU or if they tune mechanically, it's really no different to me. Guys in stock classes have tuned mechanically for years and years by making pump adjustments, or governor adjustments, changing timing, adding a turbo (how many 966's pull in stock classes with a turbo...), etc... Now you can do it with a computer but it's essentially no different than doing it mechanically.

You used to get your bills in the mail, now you can get them electronically, times change but they are still bills and you still pay them just in a slightly different form. Tuning is just taking a slightly different form now days.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 14, 2020 01:35PM
I'm struggling with the idea that you're permitted to mine your own iron ore, process it, and machine your complete engine from raw materials if you're capable of doing so, but if you wanted to run a ECM it should have to be OEM.

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 15, 2020 06:21AM
I think it should depend on the class.

My argument is that ALL stock parts should be allowed in ALL classes. If we're scared of stock parts then we're obviously trying to hold the sport in a time warp. It's a simple logical progression. Aftermarket parts should be handled on a class by class basis. As classes get higher and higher horsepower they should decide which after market parts they want to allow.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 12V vs 24V head on Mechanical Fuel Cummins October 15, 2020 08:22AM
I've had engine builders say you can get more out of 12 v and cheaper than a 24 v. Not saying I agree or disagree. So why even have that 2 valve per cylinder rule? Its a stock part let em run it. Or any stock part for that matter.. I'm sure most run bigger turbo and enhanced fuel system but then won't let stock oem head run. I like Jakes statement if were afraid of stock parts were in a time warp.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,574, Posts: 229,602, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,856.

Our newest member BadHabit2