Warm up routine October 12, 2020 10:50AM
I was watching some warm up videos of pullers. When did it become the "norm" to back up and pull forward? I've been told it is to ensure the clutch is working and so on. Is this valuable or a fad? Are there any other widely used warm up routines? This is a non BS post. Some ball players have superstitions. Are there any in the pulling ranks?

Re: Warm up routine October 12, 2020 11:16AM
For me it gives a chance make sure everything feels like it should, make sure the trans will go into all gears and also warms engines a little more as we rev them a more to get the movement we want.

S'no Farmer

Re: Warm up routine October 13, 2020 03:20AM
For me, I check all electrical equipment via switch activation to ensure that all is well. Vary the throttle to warm up engine oil before im ready to pull. Once oil is warm, i pull into staging area and shut off engine and await my turn.

Re: Warm up routine October 13, 2020 02:26PM
A thumbs down for that LOL ! Why does that warrant a thumbs down, just curious?

S'no Farmer

Re: Warm up routine October 13, 2020 09:17AM
I do it to let all the wrenches fall out

Re: Warm up routine October 13, 2020 10:51AM
LMAO. I have a 4" extension laying on top the V of my Allison and I haven't had any luck shaking it out yet lol

Re: Warm up routine October 24, 2020 01:17PM
We didn't move it back and forth one time and didnt find out until we got ready to hook and found out that the counter shaft was broke in transmission. Had a rough run the day before and didnt reliaze it broke becasue I shut it off and was towed off the track. It's not always something we do but if we have a rough run we always do. Plus also gives me a feel for the clutch adjustment.

Re: Warm up routine October 26, 2020 02:16AM
S'no you must have beat 3 of them by doing your warm up ! LOL

Author:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,563, Posts: 229,576, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,838.

Our newest member BadHabit2