11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 08:53AM
Why don’t we see a 11,000 pro farm class at a national circuit? Seems like every association has one and they put on a really good show.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 09:02AM
Seems like it work be a great regional class. I have watched ipa/itpa classes and they have a nice rule set. Great class to step up into bigger classes with 640ci motors or to detune if your tired of the money games. With 3,000 rpm it becomes more skill getting it down the track, idk how strict the rpm rule is but I think if you cross it your out better luck next time. Cuts the bs if it’s policed right,

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 11:53AM
But I thought LLSS was the "ultimate drivers class" and needs to be at every national event as well as the farm show ??????

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 12:54PM
The last thing the national circuit needs is another 640 class. Not only that, it definitely doesn't need a 3000rpm class. Im not against seeing practical classes on the gn circuit but before ntpa or ppl were to add 11,000 pro farm there are other classes that need to be added first.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 01:05PM
Wheeler
The last thing the national circuit needs is another 640 class. Not only that, it definitely doesn't need a 3000rpm class. Im not against seeing practical classes on the gn circuit but before ntpa or ppl were to add 11,000 pro farm there are other classes that need to be added first.

Like another big block deere class? No.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 03:12PM
KBacker
But I thought LLSS was the "ultimate drivers class" and needs to be at every national event as well as the farm show ??????

Keith, GOOD ONE!

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 14, 2020 12:48PM
A 20.8 10,000 class is already regional in the NTPA and PPL East. Hot farm. 510ci, 3x3.5, no rpm limit. It's got probably 50 tractors from Michigan to Indiana and east. There's a few 9500lb variants in the midwest too that are cool to watch. One is western series PPL.

I personally like the look of 20.8s better than 24.5s too.

My God don't bring up super farm and how that would be better on 20.8s though lol.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 01:12AM
So what we need is another 1066 class I go watch pulls and 8500 lim pro is 97% red all the 540 466 classes are 90 % plus red big super stock class is 99% red sick and tired of hearing another big block Deere class hell 4.1 is 70% red maybe if international and these other tractor manufactures would have built a tractor back in the day to compare it would be different. Im tired of going and watching pulls that are one red tractor after another oh and you can be like Dave Bennett and call them case oh or a McCormick. International can compete in 640 class very well look at super farm which is over half red 4.1 class they are competitive but in Itpa Scott Hoene is very strong and competitive in 11000 pro farm plus a very good driver. As far as I’m concerned going to watch pulls and read on here is these people who say we need more color yes years ago there was more color but there is less color being made Agco make what 4 different colors same tractor, and if the people that want more color they free to build whatever they want I personally like the 2255 Oliver but look at the trouble they have making it run competitively lustiks have done a great job with there’s but in diesel it’s harder. Maybe if these in guys who always complain about the big block could get over the fact that Deere made a better tractor for farming at that time with the 6030 and that it didn’t make anything to compare weight to hp that is we could stop reading this another big block Deere class because I only see maybe 1 class that way but look how many are 75 % or more dt 466 classes.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 03:54AM
Well, they are cheaper to build and they made millions of the same thing for the ag rear end classes.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 10:37AM
I didn’t think I was whining just stating a fact all you ever hear out anti Deere people is big block Deere but how many classes are full of red tractors and that’s ok and as far as being cheap I didn’t think there was such a thing in tractor pulling. As far as I see it the only big block Deere class out there is pro farm anyway but red has majority of light super heavy diesel super unlimited super any 466 540 cub class super farm and 4.1 class the only class that’s not majority red is pro stock but they are still competitive in that class and they are competitive in 11000 pro farm

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 20, 2020 06:31AM
Deere fan
So what we need is another 1066 class I go watch pulls and 8500 lim pro is 97% red all the 540 466 classes are 90 % plus red big super stock class is 99% red sick and tired of hearing another big block Deere class hell 4.1 is 70% red maybe if international and these other tractor manufactures would have built a tractor back in the day to compare it would be different. Im tired of going and watching pulls that are one red tractor after another oh and you can be like Dave Bennett and call them case oh or a McCormick. International can compete in 640 class very well look at super farm which is over half red 4.1 class they are competitive but in Itpa Scott Hoene is very strong and competitive in 11000 pro farm plus a very good driver. As far as I’m concerned going to watch pulls and read on here is these people who say we need more color yes years ago there was more color but there is less color being made Agco make what 4 different colors same tractor, and if the people that want more color they free to build whatever they want I personally like the 2255 Oliver but look at the trouble they have making it run competitively lustiks have done a great job with there’s but in diesel it’s harder. Maybe if these in guys who always complain about the big block could get over the fact that Deere made a better tractor for farming at that time with the 6030 and that it didn’t make anything to compare weight to hp that is we could stop reading this another big block Deere class because I only see maybe 1 class that way but look how many are 75 % or more dt 466 classes.

Go to NTPC in BG. only about 9 or 10 red in pro stock class.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 02:56AM
I've heard it all now. A JD fan whining about too much of one color at a tractor pull.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 06:57AM
If I had a vote I'd vote a resounding NO on a National Pro Farm class. It's nothing against Pro Farms they're great... it's just we don't need to add to an already overcrowded national class line-up.

Personally I don't think the national circuit need to have every class ever invented. I think the national circuit should be a limited number of classes that run a complete schedule and a complete points series. I truth, I think there are already too many national classes and the last thing the sport need is more of them.

I do think standardized national rules for other non-national classes makes a great deal of sense for the long-term but they don't need to run a national schedule.

That said, I do think there is a place for non-national classes at national events. I think non-national classes can also have a place at the most prestigious Super National events and other marque events like the NFMS... after all the goal of those events is to make money, and if a non-national class can add value (fans) to a show then I think that class should be included.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2020 12:03PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 12:26PM
A nationalized set of rules and therefore events that have the same rules spread out over the nation from a geographic perspective but it shouldn't be a national class? That doesn't even make sense.

This absolutely has a place at the national level.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 01:23PM
I don't know about a national level class but I would definitely accept it the state of Kentucky!

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 01:37PM
What the?
A nationalized set of rules and therefore events that have the same rules spread out over the nation from a geographic perspective but it shouldn't be a national class? That doesn't even make sense.

This absolutely has a place at the national level.

3 bar roll cages are good to 10,000 lbs. right?

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 02:51PM
Didn't a sled just land on one? Pretty sure we're good.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 15, 2020 02:59PM
What the?
Pretty sure

LMAO

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 20, 2020 03:02AM
What the?

Standardized rules for classes don't make sense? I hope you're not serious.

Standardized rules make parts more readily available, therefore making parts cheaper. It makes it so guys can travel if they want to and test the waters or see different parts of the country and know they are legal there or anywhere else. It gives a bigger market to resell your vehicle since you know it will be legal everywhere. It makes it easier for events like the Midwest Winter Nationals to have classes where everyone and anyone can come and compete to see how they stack up against anyone else in the nation. IT makes it so a hot farm isn't 466 CID in one club but 640 CID in the neighboring club just because it favors one or two guys.

The foundation of the NTPA was to provide standardized rules for all states and regions.

Standardized national rules make sense and they benefit EVERYONE, but that doesn't mean we need every single class on a national circuit.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/20/2020 08:44AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 20, 2020 11:27AM
Standardized rules make parts cheaper... cmon dude. Two words; super farm.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 21, 2020 01:35AM
Sure, you can chase the latest and greatest in any class and you can spend stupid money... there's no changing that. In fact, 640 CID combos are way cheaper because they are common parts, imagine if you had to buy completely custom parts to build for a class that was only in one specific state, it could be ridiculous on cost if they had non-standard rule. It's because Superfarms are generally all the same size in every single club you can get on this very website and go to the For Sale page and buy all the parts you need to put a superfarm together for a pretty reasonable price.

Common parts lower costs, it's true in EVERY single industry and pulling is no different. It's very, very simple and basic economics.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 21, 2020 02:14AM
If you play to win, standard rules or not, it's not cheap. Who plays to not win?

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 21, 2020 07:29AM
I think Jake is talking about most likely about 80% of the people that pull do not spend the big money, sure we all want to win, but our budgets allow for only so much, many classes are driver's classes and we tend to want to win with finesse and not the whole house.We pull because we like it, winning is not the complete satisfaction reason every time, it certainly helps, but without the losers, there would be a lot less winners.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 21, 2020 01:04PM
First... I never said it was cheap... I said standardized rules help to keep costs down (it been proven in EVERY industry).

Some people play to win by innovation, hitting the perfect setup, out driving the rest of the class, reading the track better, etc... Sure some guy play to win and they just keep buying every single part that will gain them 3 HP but they might not work on all the other aspects of the motorsport... some guys do it other ways. There are plenty of guys in classes that would win on a dyno with the latest and greatest yet they don't win on the track.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 21, 2020 02:52PM
Jake Morgan
There are plenty of guys in classes that would win on a dyno with the latest and greatest yet they don't win on the track.

And some of the guys that have been on the dyno don't even go down the track and yet they can't figure out what they are doing wrong.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 22, 2020 03:36AM
The only tractor classes that have a chance in making it into GN are LLSS, lt pro, and ltd pro. If you pull a 640 pro farm and want to pull GN guess what there is a class for you its called super farm! 640 pro farm as a GN class is unrealistic.

Re: 11,000lb national pro farm October 22, 2020 10:13AM
I don't think those classes should be National classes either. They should get hooks at National events (and Super National Events) but they should not get a complete National circuit. Those all seem like absolutely excellent Regional classes to me.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,565, Posts: 229,582, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,056, Posts: 225,843.

Our newest member BadHabit2