Swaping Out Front Cover on DT466 November 27, 2020 08:23AM
I have a dt466 that im planning on putting into a 1206. I have the ag front cover to put on the engine but i am unsure of what i have to do with the gears infront of the engine. Is there a snap ring or something i have to take off in order to pull the gears off to swap front covers or do i need to take the whole cam out in order to get the gears out of the way. Im new to IH and would like to get this tractor together for the 2021 pulling season. The engine is complete so i don't want to tear it down if i don't have to. Thanks for all the help!

Re: Swaping Out Front Cover on DT466 November 27, 2020 09:02AM
Easier to remove cam the cam gear is pressed on an gotta heat up red to get it off. becareful not to lossen rockers to much the lifter can come out to far an fall outta lifter bore an hard to get lined back up causing u to pull head.
The other gears com off easy. Make sure u use agriculture gasket for cover there different. When I did my motor I laid engine the on on the ground fly wheel down loosend rocker arm bolts up turned engine 360 degrees pulled the cam out. Saves pulling the head save lots of time. Lay motor on blocks not on flywheel u may bend crank

Re: Swaping Out Front Cover on DT466 November 27, 2020 01:59PM
Bolt the engine in the tractor if you dont have a engine stand then you dont have to role it around

Re: Swaping Out Front Cover on DT466 December 01, 2020 07:43AM
If your just going from the truck cover to the ag cover you dont need to pull any gears off.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,599, Posts: 229,645, Members: 3,322.
This forum: Topics: 37,060, Posts: 225,876.

Our newest member JD_8520