Louisville selection November 28, 2020 01:02PM
When should Louisville lineups by released?

Re: Louisville selection November 29, 2020 01:40AM
I would guess its not going to happen. Why do you think there has been very limited information being put out regarding the NFMS. I believe that it is going to be canceled. Just my opinion.

Re: Louisville selection November 29, 2020 03:25AM
From what I was told they will make a decision by Dec 20th if the Tractor pull will happen. They are still working also on having the farm show. Both events limited capacity

Re: Louisville selection November 29, 2020 06:32AM
I am sorry but at this point people need to start to get a grip I have heard stories about having the pull with 4000 people in attendance. That would be such a losing proposition for the Kentucky State fair board Syngenta and everybody that is involved with putting that pull on. The farm show from what I have heard is not going to happen and I don’t see any way that it could. I talk to my Becks hybrids sales representative and he said flat out That they would not be attending or have a booth this year and I am sure there are many more companies in the same boat. I hate it too I love going to the farm show but there is no way I would go under these circumstances. I hate it it’s horrible but it didn’t work out just scrap it and re-plan everything in 2021.

Re: Louisville selection November 30, 2020 04:02AM
IH 5488
I am sorry but at this point people need to start to get a grip I have heard stories about having the pull with 4000 people in attendance. That would be such a losing proposition for the Kentucky State fair board Syngenta and everybody that is involved with putting that pull on. The farm show from what I have heard is not going to happen and I don’t see any way that it could. I talk to my Becks hybrids sales representative and he said flat out That they would not be attending or have a booth this year and I am sure there are many more companies in the same boat. I hate it too I love going to the farm show but there is no way I would go under these circumstances. I hate it it’s horrible but it didn’t work out just scrap it and re-plan everything in 2021.

I understand how you feel, but I believe most die-hard tractor pull fans and farmers really aren't as scared and would do anything at this point in time to go to a tractor pull. I know I would. How much can Louisville hold for seating capacity besides 4,000?

Re: Louisville selection December 01, 2020 12:06AM
Tomah winner
How much can Louisville hold for seating capacity besides 4,000?
Setup for basketball it's around 19,000... so I'd estimate that setup for pulling it's probably around 16,000 to 17,000. So 4000 would be about 1/4 of normal tractor pull capacity. Quarter capacity means a quarter of concession sales as well (a very big part of the profit). Honestly I'm not even sure what the state of Kentucky will allow for concession sales anyway since some states are super weird about serving food right now. The state will also feel compelled to disinfect the arena after every session rather than just the normal cleanup that they already need to do every night. That would most likely include them wiping down all the surfaces that people potentially touch (like all the seats, walls, supports columns in the hallways, bathrooms, turnstiles, etc...) That sounds like an expensive undertaking to do each day. It doesn't sound like much of a money making proposition to me.

At 1/4 capacity it will feel empty and it will feel silent and dead no matter how rowdy the 4000 people are.

I'm not too optimistic that the actual Farm Show is going to happen and I'm not very optimistic that the pull with happen either.

If it does happen I'll probably go, but I'm not going to make any plans this far out.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Louisville selection November 30, 2020 04:05AM
We own two companies that sell hunting products around the world. All of our trade shows were canceled in 20 and half or more of 2021 are canceled including the Shot show in Vegas. The tractor pull is a side line to the show. The show needs vendors and in order to get the vendors they need visitors. I find it hard to believe that this is even a discussion. I would of expected them to cancel at this point. There is no way they could pull this off under the current covid restrictions

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2