Stock appearing pumps November 28, 2020 02:56PM
Out of curiosity I looked at the rules for the Farm Stock class at the Midwest Winter Nationals and the pump rule is stock appearing. Since I run and 806 and 1206 with 407 engines Roosa Master pumps (Stanadyne) I wouldn't even consider going there to try and compete. This got me thinking that from a general rule standpoint why don't organizations allow an A pump conversion on the Roosa Master equiped tractors ? Now in a 8 or 10 MPH class the Roosa pumps compete pretty well from my experience but beyond that they can start to run out of fuel. This would allow the 06-56 series IH's, 5020 and 4020 JD's, Minnie Mo's and a few other to compete better. I'm not complaining about the Winter Nationals the rule just got me thinking and I'd be curious of peoples thoughts.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 29, 2020 03:34AM
In our association we have a stock appearing pump rule but anything with a roosamaster or stanadyne can run a Bosch model 100. I agree you wouldn’t dream of trying to run a roosamaster against an A pump

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 29, 2020 07:02AM
Is there anyone changed over to a model 100? That pump runs at crankshaft speed so to put one of those pumps on a 361 or 407 engine seems it would take a bunch of custom work.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 29, 2020 07:28AM
I’m not sure about internationals, I’m sure there are a few. I know for sure about an allis that switched over, not sure what it takes to do so. Curious i agree if those are the rules they need to make the rest of the tractor stock appearing using stock parts and put a 10,000lb weight limit making it hard to get a 6030 in.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 29, 2020 04:21AM
This is a really good question. Alot of organizations are this way. It's especially intriguing in a farm stock open class like what will be pulled up there. A 6030 can run a P-Pump and all your other models are running rotary pumps. Seems like the green tractors would definitely have the advantage.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 02:08AM
This is the problem with the stock core pump rule. Some tractors have better injection pumps from factory than others. To really make it fair, the rules should allow anyone to pull the same injection pump as anyone else. Like for example, let everyone run A pumps or better yet let everyone run whatever injection pump they want and have a speed limit because the speed limit is the biggest limiting factor not the injection pump.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 04:03AM
biggest thing with speed limit is driver's ability

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 05:24AM
I don't like the idea of everybody running the same pump in Farmstock. If you want to change pumps away from what it was born with and you have money to throw at the tractor? Move up a class. Plenty of options to go up in classes. Don't want to move classes, but you want a better pump? Buy a tractor that was built that way. It's no secret, we all know what was born with A or P Pumps.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 06:36AM
Then it’s just another 1066 and 6030 class! We all know there isn’t really an actual farm stock class anywhere. At least not where I’m located and 4020’s didn’t come with A pumps either

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 06:52AM
yah 4sure tdar good budeeeeeeeee, FARMSTOCK is a pretty hndee word fur al da tractors runnin 25 miles and our an smoke upp the yigyang

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 07:28AM
MG1206
Then it’s just another 1066 and 6030 class! We all know there isn’t really an actual farm stock class anywhere. At least not where I’m located and 4020’s didn’t come with A pumps either
Who said 4020's came with an A Pump? I think we all know what tractors were born with what pumps. Where I'm at, there isn't a whole lot of color variation, but each color is competitive. In my opinion, there's other ways of governing these classes instead of making everyone run the same pump.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 12:23PM
I don’t think you make everyone run the same pump you give and option to run a specific type of pump. Maybe a 1066 running a 13 MM or bigger model 100 does want or need to change.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 04:02PM
ihbrad
I don’t think you make everyone run the same pump you give and option to run a specific type of pump. Maybe a 1066 running a 13 MM or bigger model 100 does want or need to change.

I don't care what's done to the internals... Just stock appearing. Don't like the pump that came in there stock? Buy a better tractor.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 07:09AM
NewGen4010
I don't like the idea of everybody running the same pump in Farmstock. If you want to change pumps away from what it was born with and you have money to throw at the tractor? Move up a class. Plenty of options to go up in classes. Don't want to move classes, but you want a better pump? Buy a tractor that was built that way. It's no secret, we all know what was born with A or P Pumps.

That is a fantastic way to end up with a class that has one or two tractors in it.

Re: Stock appearing pumps November 30, 2020 07:24AM
Yeah

That is a fantastic way to end up with a class that has one or two tractors in it.
That's the rules around here and there is pretty decent turnout. This year is obviously an oddity, but at one pull there was 28 in the 12,500 class. Lots of color too.

Re: Stock appearing pumps December 07, 2020 12:53PM
I feel like most places should allow the same pump for every make and model. I'm pretty sure the IPA farm stocks have to run a factory appearing pump. The green ones definitely have the advantage in that situation. Gotta admit though the red ones hold their own for having a rotary.

Re: Stock appearing pumps December 07, 2020 02:27PM
Asking
I feel like most places should allow the same pump for every make and model. I'm pretty sure the IPA farm stocks have to run a factory appearing pump. The green ones definitely have the advantage in that situation. Gotta admit though the red ones hold their own for having a rotary.
What I'm working on for our pull is having 10,500 and lower being "No P-Pump" classes. We don't currently have anyone running a 6030 in Farmstock in our area, but this would keep them in 11,500 or 12,500. That way nobody is banned, but nobody is "forced" to pull against that if they so choose.

Re: Stock appearing pumps December 07, 2020 02:50PM
Even at that class you will have A pumps and the Model 100 1066 style pump will put out a bunch of fuel. Anyone with a Roosa Master will be at a disadvantage.

Re: Stock appearing pumps December 08, 2020 09:18AM
ihbrad
Even at that class you will have A pumps and the Model 100 1066 style pump will put out a bunch of fuel. Anyone with a Roosa Master will be at a disadvantage.
Yeah, but in a class of 20 Farmstock's a 1256 won 11,500 and 12,500 last year. It's hard to keep everyone happy, but at least in our area people seem to be on board with the stock appearing pumps. We will see how long that's the case!

Re: Stock appearing pumps December 07, 2020 02:48PM
One of the many reasons we sold. IPA farmstock is an ok class but would be worlds better with a limited ppump for everyone and a box turbo. The red ones spend insane $$ on m100s and everyone spends insane $$ on turbos and finding grey areas. Normally I'm not into limits but here I believe it's warranted. Right now i'm just going to stick to my roots.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,607, Posts: 229,661, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,886.

Our newest member JD_8520