Plumbing fuel system January 21, 2021 01:13PM
Besides having the debate on electric or gear driven fuel supply pumps, how do most people plumb their feed into their fuel pump? Some have one feed line into the pump and the other side as a return and some have 2 feed lines into the pump. On our 700cc A pump hot farm I've heard 50 psi of pressure going to the pump is needed but are people running pressure regulators before or after a filter? And any ideas on plumbing one or two feed lines to the pump and a return to the tank? Thanks

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 21, 2021 01:48PM
Regulated before filter. I have it after the 3 way dump valve on the feed side and it dumps anything more then 50psi back to return line coming from dump valve and back to tank. There should be two feed ports on the side of pump and one return port on top of pump near number one line.

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 21, 2021 02:34PM
Thanks for the help.

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 21, 2021 11:57PM
Have your pressure relief after the pump. It does not matter where it is concerning pressure--the pressure will be 50 psi if that is what your relief is set at. You want to flow as much fuel through the pump as you can to cool it.

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 22, 2021 11:58AM
how much psi on the return line of the injector ??

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 22, 2021 01:02PM
My tractor runs 65 to 70 psi at 950 cc

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 23, 2021 12:57AM
There should be no pressure on the "injector" return line. The Injector return line should go directly to the fuel tank, not to the return line that is from the injection pump. A 3 AN or 4 AN line is big enough from the injectors to the fuel tank for most classes. Also, there should be a large enough return line from the injection pump fuel pressure regulator to flow the fuel back to the tank with very little pressure. (8 AN or 10 AN or 12 AN, depending on how much fuel you use going down the track. A Pro Stock return line would need to be larger than a Hot farm return line) If you use a line that is too small the pressure relief valve cannot do its job if pressure rises above what the relief is set at due to a return line that is too small. Plumbing the injector return line to the injection pump return line can cause a fire if one of the returns from injector to injector comes off during a run down the track. That is why the injector return line should always go directly to the tank. There should be very little fuel returning to the tank on the injector return line if your injectors are working properly.

Re: Plumbing fuel system January 23, 2021 01:28AM
I use a schied diesel regulator on the return side of my pump(ppump). It’s just a simple inline regulator. Line from supply pump, to 3 way ball valve, to pump. Then the regulator on the outlet of the pump then line to tank. Injectors return directly to tank to

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,580, Posts: 229,613, Members: 3,320.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,861.

Our newest member Fechtner Racing