Hot farm February 28, 2021 01:30PM
I know too much is not enough, but what kind of numbers are the hot farm guys running? Not looking for any secrets just wanting to know how wild these machines are. Just the paper racing how much fuel does it take to be competitive, what kind of rpms are they twisting, how fast gear ratio and or ground speed. Specifically the 510 inch ntpa rules, couple clubs in my area run a combination class including those rules, and that seems like less work on a 505 Cummins. And as far as that goes the rules I have seen say aftermarket intake allowed, but can you cut the head or does it have to use factory bolts? Just barely looking into the class. Thank you for your time

Re: Hot farm February 28, 2021 01:56PM
Every tractors different but ball park numbers? 1000cc fuel, 1400hp, around 19 to 1 ratio, big rpm on the line but mid 3’s down the track

Re: Hot farm February 28, 2021 02:22PM
Just looking to see what I would be getting into, or maybe how outgunned I would be.

Re: Hot farm March 01, 2021 01:50AM
Its a great class to get into, these tractors put out great hp with practical rules. Hot farm is the future of pulling.

Re: Hot farm March 01, 2021 03:06AM
So are the 510s competitive with the bigger cubes? And am I allowed to cut the intake shelf off?

Re: Hot farm March 01, 2021 03:49AM
In Gordyville and Gordywanna they are very competitive.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/01/2021 04:01AM by Oly.

Re: Hot farm March 01, 2021 05:01AM
Judging by the weight handicap associated with that set of rules I was hoping that was the case

Re: Hot farm March 02, 2021 01:37PM
What are you referring to on weight please help me understand

Re: Hot farm March 03, 2021 03:01PM
The two clubs near me that run the hot farm class ( one adopted the others rules for simplicity) have 3 options within the class not a direct quote but I think it's 600 cube 3x3 charger A pump at 9500 lbs, a 640 I think on a 3lm charger A pump at I think 10,200lbs, and the 510 cubes ntpa rules 3x3.5 charger, header manifolds p pump at 9300lbs. As far as I would look at it the 510s weighing the least must be competitive with the bigger cubes weighing more. In my mind it would be because better flow with manifolds and not trying to run a big engine with a smaller charger. But I have never run a turbo class so I could be all wet.

Re: Hot farm March 04, 2021 01:59AM
Build the 510. They will compete. But don't rush into it and SKIMP on anything inside the engine, or anywhere on the tractor for that matter. If you need to, take a couple years. This class isn't going anywhere for a while. Not a cheap class. But a good one.

Re: Hot farm March 04, 2021 02:59AM
It would be a couple years anyhow, and I will need to gather some good parts anyhow. But step one would be make sure the engine I have isn't a boat anchor

Re: Hot farm March 04, 2021 03:51AM
Just wondering if a 466 would compete? Thanks

Re: Hot farm March 06, 2021 11:44PM
Looking too
Just wondering if a 466 would compete? Thanks

Define "compete" as a 466 can run really good, but unless they miss their setup you won't beat a 510/540

Re: Hot farm March 07, 2021 01:52AM
A 466 won the 9500 HF at Gordywanna.

Re: Hot farm March 16, 2021 03:00AM
AAR
All the same reason why badger st, ppl/ntpa and all other tractor's that was there should allow it and go pull other places together.It was one heck of a show seemed that the crowd was enjoying it.

Re: Hot farm March 16, 2021 03:36AM
AAR
That's for all the reason ppl/ipl, badger st and all the other classes that pulled in that class there should let each organization pull together all the time.

Re: Hot farm March 04, 2021 06:46AM
Yes a 466 IH can compete with a 510, make sure the last thing you buy is the turbo!!

Re: Hot farm March 07, 2021 01:50PM
What are the rules for tube front ends? Would be building on a white chassis, and in my mind just about anything would be safer than the cast tub at those kind of speeds. i realize the tie bars and all the other safety things, but it just seems silly to keep the cast iron tub. The rules i have read say "stock appearing" front end sheet metal and wide front, which is the broadest phrase abused in the pulling rule books. I have heard of a local with air ride front which kinda tells me build whatever you want, but cant find any kind of clarification, nor do I wish to pay to download a ntpa rulebook at this time. and can I externally modify heads to build a manifold or does it have to be stock appearing?

Re: Hot farm March 08, 2021 03:21AM
Looking -I've been watching your thread and I'm not in your area where 510 cubes is the limit. I'm going to tell you a few things from 45 years of pulling stock and the last few with a 466 Hot farm. What I'm going to say certainly depends on what dollars you want to spend and if you want a chance at a win or at least a top 5 finish.
#1. Build to the max. cubes allowed and be very aware that a whole lot of tractors are well above that max. it's just a known fact.
#2. Build your pump, all lines and turbo to the max.
#3. There are a whole lot of things that will help you run to your max that won't cost much. Once you get on the track and you learn your tractor you will figure those out.
#4. Unless you have an endless amount of money it's more than tough to keep up with the crowd.
Our 466 runs very well with other 466's but it rarely gets to do that. People will tell you if you do this or that with a 466 you can keep up with bigger cubes. That's true unless they do all the extras too. I figure I would have to spend $40,000 min. more on our tractor to run with those over 466. It's just not worth it to me to maybe get a $10 trophy and $100. That's me though not anyone else.
Oh and your last question about the front end. I've only ever had someone check the turbo along with the normal safety equipment.

Re: Hot farm March 08, 2021 04:04AM
I have no illusion that bolting a stock 505 inch engine in is going to compete. It does seem however that if you could change some things around without having to do a bunch of material removal on the bottom end that you would probably not be riding as much of a hand grenade. And the idea of being able to build a pair of manifolds that might flow more properly, to me is more productive than trying to whittle some obscure manifold that was only used on the mayflower generator for six months to try to get power. And as a spectator watching a big cube little turbo class ( like what I believe is modified farm or something like that run at harrisburg) just snuff out at the end of the track just seems hard on parts. I know they are all money pits and all hard on parts, just want to try to spend time in the right places. Like I said never run a turbo class and I am definitely more outside looking in at the moment.

Re: Hot farm March 08, 2021 06:32AM
Here where I'm at in Pa. East Coast and Interstate has a 466 Hot farm class. Both run A-pumps. Then closer to me is Snyder County Hot Farm class with 619 cube limit and A pump. I think all are now 3" turbos. The problem with Snyder County is at 619 you have mostly 540 Pro Farms running with 2 big block 619's. Nice pull and you can see where you stand but that's it. We ran with New York 466 Hot farms last summer and did real well with them. We were in the top 5 or 6 out of 23 tractors 4x. Our tractor is an out dated East Coast tractor with no cage and what was their box turbo in 2016. I bought it for a fair price but found it's week spot real fast. The more power you build the more week spots you will find. Good luck and If I can be of any help just ask.

Re: Hot farm March 08, 2021 03:06PM
Thank you and I guess let's see what happens

Re: Hot farm March 18, 2021 10:39AM
farm stock is turning into farm stock

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520