Pulling Tire History March 12, 2021 11:47AM
I have not been on this site for a year or better and could not get it to recognize me to post a attachment or pictures. Had that happen a couple years ago when I had not been on here for a long time. Not sure if it times out if you do not use it or what. When i try to register under my name it said someone was already using that name. Oh Well! Anyway Jake got me fixed up. Thanks! This is just some info I have collected over the years about pulling tires. Will post some pictures later. Thanks, Doug
Attachments:
open | download - Bob Parkes - Firestone Tires.pdf (159.8 KB)

Re: Pulling Tire History March 13, 2021 01:17AM
Thanks Doug for a very informative piece on the HISTORY OF pulling tires. a lot of research and time was spent .

Re: Pulling Tire History March 14, 2021 01:06AM
Thanks Jim, most of that time spent was back in 2012 when I put all that info in computer. Things always changing in the pulling world.

Re: Pulling Tire History March 13, 2021 09:33AM
Thanks doug,I find all your articles very informative and educational,a must read..cant wait for the other 4 pages,of course in 20 years..lol

Re: Pulling Tire History March 14, 2021 01:09AM
Thanks Patches, I have always been into history and how things have evolved over the years. Lets see in 20 years, sounds about right. LOL!

Re: Pulling Tire History March 14, 2021 09:31AM
Very interesting and informative article, thank you for sharing it with us Doug. I was wondering if you ever ran any B F G puller tires?

Re: Pulling Tire History March 15, 2021 02:35AM
Jimmy, I have always been a Firestone man, but BFG came out with pulling tires about a year or two before Firestone. I had a choice and went with Firestone. BFG also had a light and heavy tire. I believe their options were 4 ply and 8 ply. They were made in Miami, OK not far from where I live now. A lot of pullers out west ran them. Bill Williams 4010 tractor that won the light super class at Greely, CO in 1979 had a set of the 4 ply BFG tires on. Roby Watson from Texas ran the BFG 8 ply tires on his 4020 that won Louisville a couple of times. I have a couple sets of those BFG tires in 8 ply. One set I got from George Bogle from nearby Girard, KS that was with the Kansas Tractor Pullers and NTPA years ago. Thanks, Doug

Re: Pulling Tire History March 16, 2021 02:59PM
Doug,
Do you know if the ag tires went thru a similar change in rubber compound and cord material as the puller tires? If so, is there a date for the change in them too?

Re: Pulling Tire History March 29, 2021 07:55PM
Runin bare ran the tires for a full season before Johnson tried them

Re: Pulling Tire History April 28, 2021 01:07PM
Who makes the lightest and best 18:4x38 bias ply tire for 4000-6000 lb. class? Thanks in advance.

Re: Pulling Tire History May 01, 2021 01:14AM
Lightest & best usually don’t go together in a pulling tire.

Re: Pulling Tire History May 01, 2021 01:13PM
Can you run the 18.4X38 Pro Puller tire in your class?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2