Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 07, 2021 01:58PM
With pulling starting in the near future, what is the realistic outlook in your state for pulls taking place? For example, I'd guess pulling in places like Iowa and Tennessee to be pretty much pre-covid.

Conversely, Michigan may lose events, especially some of the earlier ones.

? about Ohio- does the governor set policy statewide, or do counties (Wood for example) and/or cities (for example, college towns in said county) have the authority to override state guidelines?

In Indiana, counties and cities are allowed to have more stringent guidelines than the state, not sure about other areas.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2021 01:59PM by The Original Michael.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 07, 2021 02:01PM
Iowa should be hot bed! South Dakota could be if there was much out there. That governor is the best in the country!

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 07, 2021 04:18PM
Ohio Governor Dewine Statement

The Pro Football HOF had announced a month ago they were planning on having crowds again for their event 2 weeks prior to BG, so there was already pressure to make some changes. Let's go pulling.

No Ohio State Fair for 2021 April 08, 2021 07:56AM
Good thing they don't pull at the Ohio State Fair anymore because they pulled the plug on that today, Jr. Fair only. But keep in mind their big money shows are indoors now.

FOX 8 NEWS on Ohio State Fair

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/08/2021 07:58AM by mh49.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 07:18AM
MG1206
Iowa should be hot bed! South Dakota could be if there was much out there. That governor is the best in the country!

Come on down! We're totally fine if you don't wear a mask, this is corn country, we are more afraid of the diseases on our farms than covid. East Central Iowa Pullers Association has 31 pulls scheduled from May to September.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 09:30AM
Had a couple fall off, back to 28 hooks for 2021 for ECI

---

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 07, 2021 02:55PM
I thought I read something that Ohio did something that now allows for no limits on gatherings outdoors. As far as Wisconsin goes, I would imagine most events would happen this year. Also, don't forget Missouri. They did a lot of pulling this last summer and expect even more this summer.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 03:47AM
Brent Yaron
I thought I read something that Ohio did something that now allows for no limits on gatherings outdoors. As far as Wisconsin goes, I would imagine most events would happen this year. Also, don't forget Missouri. They did a lot of pulling this last summer and expect even more this summer.

I'll just about guarantee you that Missouri had as many or more pulls for the 2020 season than any state in the entire US..Iowa was probably second..

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 02:13AM
Minnesota allows up to 10,000 for out door events at 50% seating capacity which would cover most pulls there.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 02:31AM
TripleAlphaProcess
Minnesota allows up to 10,000 for out door events at 50% seating capacity which would cover most pulls there.

What about riots after the Chauvin trial?

I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitress.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 05:30AM
The Original Michael

What about riots after the Chauvin trial?

I'll be here all week. Please tip your waitress.

Riots don't have seats so the capacity limit doesn't apply to them Smiling

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 08, 2021 01:05PM
I think Illinois will have a lot more fairs this year, although the earlier ones could still face some problems. A certain state agency (although not the one you'd think) is throwing up some hurdles for us. Our sponsors have been very supportive, I think people are really over being treated like peasants when so many of these "rules" defy logic and common sense.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 09, 2021 01:20AM
A lot of county fairs in Ohio hedged their bet last year until the State Fair fell. So I'd expect a lot to follow their lead again. Ohio governor just can't let this power go. He seems extremely proud of his mask mandate & enforcing it. Since walking around outdoors in 90 degree heat & humidity with a sweaty bacteria breeding mask , and law enforcement making sure you wear it, does not sound fun or healthy, I' m not too optimistic about Ohio. Maybe some smaller events with less zealous security not tied to county fairs more likely.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 09, 2021 03:02AM
Ohio State Fair is having money issues anyway, no tractor pull, so no loss there! DeWine has the little man syndrome going on. A little power, and he's drunk on it!

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 09, 2021 03:11AM
Wisconsin will be as normal. Honestly, there was no reason it couldn't have been completely normal last year as well. The state supreme court struck down all the governor's restrictions by mid-May. Some counties and municipalities still had there own, but those were mostly the usual suspects- not the kinds of places that are holding tractor pulls anyway. I attended races and pulls all summer that were 100% normal. There was zero reason for pulls like Mackville and Tomah to pull the plug.

Re: Cancellations/crowd limits 2021 April 09, 2021 03:33AM
Its called liability, when the attorneys and insurance companies say no.... its no.

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
Website Statistics
Global: Topics: 38,561, Posts: 229,573, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,055, Posts: 225,837.

Our newest member BadHabit2