John Deere destroyed last night May 01, 2021 11:53PM
JD blows up 5/1/21

Was this an East Coast Pullers event? Gut reaction: ouch!

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 01:58AM
I watched it on wwptv Facebook page. The frame broke. Tommy said he could feel the rear give when he took off. Good video of the whole thing and another of them getting the tractor off the track. I hope there is good follow up on this so we know what exactly happened. This was Interstate Mod Turbo pull.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 02:22AM
That is wild, never seen anything like that. Guessing the frame broke on a past rough ride and just now let loose?

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 09:03AM
Now lets get serious about all classes implementing COMPONENT TRACTORS. This an all others like this could have been life threating !!!!! Don't wait til it's too late !!!

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 09:25AM
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That actually took longer than I thought. It failed in the middle of full length tubular frame rails. All the components in the entire world would not have stopped it because where it broke is built identical to one. But don't let facts get in the way of an agenda...

CP

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 10:28AM
Attached is picture of JD frame I found on Facebook
Attachments:
open | download - broken JD.docx (92.9 KB)

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 12:19PM
Looks like a poorly built an welded frame or it would not of broke. Bet the person who built the frame does want anyone to know. Bad situation, driver was very fortunate. If there is another one built like it, it will eventually break. But hope that doesn't happen.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 01:16PM
By the looks of the picture I don’t think it broke at a weld/welding job doesn’t have anything to do with it. The tube sheared in half in front of the motor where the stress would be substantial. Tractor probably had a wild ride once or twice, possibly went wheels up and back down in a hurry. Never a bad idea to inspect the frame for cracks, clearly broken prior to this pull. Be interesting to see a video of the last run the tractor had.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 03:16PM
Do you think this guy would have the same person build his new Component Frame ????

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 01:27PM
To: think about it. A component frame, designed, sized, and built properly, would not of broke. Read Supertiquer's quote from above. I think he agrees with me that it was a poorly built failure.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 04:12PM
OOOKKK
To: think about it. A component frame, designed, sized, and built properly, would not of broke. Read Supertiquer's quote from above. I think he agrees with me that it was a poorly built failure.

Yes to me it looks like a poorly built failure but also notice that it broke in front of the CAST rear end. The same thing could happen with a component chassis that is not built correctly. It could also break in front of a steel rear end. Now I know that no one wants to hear that and that's ok.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 02:55PM
Yup, broke right where it says , "Tear Here"

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 02, 2021 03:03PM
cpr
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That actually took longer than I thought. It failed in the middle of full length tubular frame rails. All the components in the entire world would not have stopped it because where it broke is built identical to one. But don't let facts get in the way of an agenda...

CP

Thank you Charles. From that angle it looks like the frame rails may have been built with muffler tubing or pvc pipe.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 02:29PM
Just wondering
Did CP not get nailed for being a child molester??

I was contemplating deleting this, but I figured I would reply to it and clear the air.

The "CP" that posts on here is Charles Poosch--not Charles Pelletier.

John Murray
Two-time Pedal Pull World Champion

Let's Go Pulling, covering the sport of pulling in Kentucky, Tennessee, and Alabama.
Watch LGP on YouTube
Like LGP on Facebook

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 03:13PM
It's all good John. Thank you.

Can we get back to failed frames now?

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2021 03:15PM by cpr.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 06:14AM
Oookkk what part of component chassis is going to prevent this from happening? It looks pretty clear to be a tube frame broke on the front part of the tractor

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 08:57AM
Not advocating for components in all classes, but how many component chassis have you seen break like this? It's more a question of do some of these old ag chassis need retired at a certain point?

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 11:30AM
Another thing no one has mentioned is how the tractor is tied down in the trailer. I'm not saying that's what happened here but should be considered

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 01:42PM
4.1puller
Another thing no one has mentioned is how the tractor is tied down in the trailer. I'm not saying that's what happened here but should be considered

X2

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 11:32AM
Im just speculating but it appears the spacing between the top and bottom tube was a tad too narrow with alota weight out front.
I'm guessing a hard hit at some point may have caused some cracking in the tube and when it hooked it finally let go under the load.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 12:46PM
Truely a shame these frames cant be built by the guys that run them - that would tell alot- but maybe this one was,, LOL

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 02:31PM
Pobar frame. Pretty reputable, lots of them out there. Wonder how he would feel if you called him up and cut his work up like this......

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 03, 2021 11:02PM
Let me get my lawn chair and popcorn while all you keyboard engineers tell Tommy and Jimmy they built that tractor wrong. Oh this is going to be worth the price of admission. Sign me up!

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 04, 2021 12:30AM
I built the super farm chassis that busted in half at tomah a couple years ago. Welded that thing together when I was 17 years old. Was pretty damn proud of that thing, lasted 20 years worth of abuse... Couple young guys wanting to go pulling, still what drives the sport

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 04, 2021 12:35AM
Let me get my lawn chair and popcorn while all you keyboard engineers tell Tommy and Jimmy they built that tractor wrong. Oh this is going to be worth the price of admission. Sign me up!

it wasn't built wrong, it didn't fail at a weld but the chassis must have had enough stress from flexing over time to fail. doesn't take a keyboard engineer to figure that out. glad the driver is alright

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 04, 2021 03:30PM
Go to ace workplace on facebook and Mike explains what he thinks may have happened. It concerns me because I have done something similar with a weld on my new to me component chassis.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 04, 2021 10:01PM
Could someone please post on here what mike thinks that happen I and I’m sure some other people don’t have face book
Thank you

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:06AM
No. There is a reason we moved from a public format to private. There are trade secrets and projects we do not want shared

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 05:05AM
PURE BS, HELP PEOPLE STAY SAFE. TRADE SECRETS MY PATTOOEEEEEEEEEE.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 12:06AM
I think what ACE is trying to say is he really does not know he is just playing the “trade secret” card to act like he knows, If he really knew and was a decent caring person don’t you think he would inform people to fix problems before someone gets really hurt or killed, maybe his thoughts are every person with a tractor is going to bring there to him to fix, just get on his website and read some of the comments he has posted, basically saying he is the only good builder get your work done here so you don’t have to put it for sale on pulloff because you couldn’t finish the job right or have the drunk fabricator across town build it wrong

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 12:27AM
Lets stay on topic. This thread IS NOT ABOUT ace chassis! He just offered his opinion!

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 12:53AM
Master mind ace
I think what ACE is trying to say is he really does not know he is just playing the “trade secret” card to act like he knows, If he really knew and was a decent caring person don’t you think he would inform people to fix problems before someone gets really hurt or killed, maybe his thoughts are every person with a tractor is going to bring there to him to fix, just get on his website and read some of the comments he has posted, basically saying he is the only good builder get your work done here so you don’t have to put it for sale on pulloff because you couldn’t finish the job right or have the drunk fabricator across town build it wrong

What you think does not matter at all until you provide a name and contact information. You have mine. We have helped many people build their own tractor, even some that did not buy our parts. So, before I will respond to any more false, defamatory, and slanderous accusations, I want to know who I am talking to

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 06:02AM
If you have a private group where things like trade secrets are discussed, one would image this to be quite a small group of people, let alone allowing someone with another builders chassis access to that group? This is not how trade secrets are usually handled.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:21PM
yeah, pure garbage and terrible PR. if your chassis failed you should share why and what youre doing so it doesn't happen again. i thought ace was a reputable builder but now i'm not too sure. you dont hide behind nonsense like trade secrets you address why it happened and how other guys with your chassis can reinforce their chassis if necessary. anyone why knowledge please share so others can reinforce or repair their chassis before someone else has a similar problem. if ace chassis is reading this be professional and address what happened and why and how to fix it or prevent it from happening. if you want people to buy you product handle failure in a professional manner.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:42PM
not good PR
yeah, pure garbage and terrible PR. if your chassis failed you should share why and what youre doing so it doesn't happen again. i thought ace was a reputable builder but now i'm not too sure. you dont hide behind nonsense like trade secrets you address why it happened and how other guys with your chassis can reinforce their chassis if necessary. anyone why knowledge please share so others can reinforce or repair their chassis before someone else has a similar problem. if ace chassis is reading this be professional and address what happened and why and how to fix it or prevent it from happening. if you want people to buy you product handle failure in a professional manner.

Get your facts straight before you run your mouth. We did not build this frame. If you would have read the entire thread you would know that.
And sign your name when you start throwing accusations around

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:56PM
ACE

Get your facts straight before you run your mouth. We did not build this frame. If you would have read the entire thread you would know that.
And sign your name when you start throwing accusations around

Thumbs up!!!!

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:47PM
not good PR

WOW JUST WOW on all of you!!! Who said it was ace's chassis? Man some of you people really amaze me.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 02:06AM
So what is being said here, if your not part of this private group you are not worthy of this information. Even though there are more than likely many others that need this information to help keep there equipment safe. Since this builder won’t share the information, then perhaps the tech services within various pulling organizations can share the findings?

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 01:30PM
Trade Secrets
So what is being said here, if your not part of this private group you are not worthy of this information. Even though there are more than likely many others that need this information to help keep there equipment safe. Since this builder won’t share the information, then perhaps the tech services within various pulling organizations can share the findings?

No that is NOT what is being said HERE. The builder shared his opinion on his facebook page on what MIGHT have happened(to the chassis in question that he did not build) and all of you bad mouthing this builder makes me sorry that I even posted anything about it. Again WOW! smh

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 07, 2021 02:35AM
Supertiquer, most of us here understood it was not an Ace chassis and he was only giving an opinion. The point is that opinion could very well help others prevent a similar issue in the future (you said you are now aware of something similar on your chassis after hearing this). With his years of experience, this opinion is likely correct. For those that aren’t part of this group, that information is now withheld (and likely led to some of the frustrated posts). So, hopefully the tech representatives from various pulling organizations will investigate and share those findings with the general pulling world. So no, you were not wrong to share this. Even before reading about this opinion, I was hoping someone would share the details of the failure.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 07, 2021 02:57PM
Trade Secrets
Supertiquer, most of us here understood it was not an Ace chassis and he was only giving an opinion. The point is that opinion could very well help others prevent a similar issue in the future (you said you are now aware of something similar on your chassis after hearing this). With his years of experience, this opinion is likely correct. For those that aren’t part of this group, that information is now withheld (and likely led to some of the frustrated posts). So, hopefully the tech representatives from various pulling organizations will investigate and share those findings with the general pulling world. So no, you were not wrong to share this. Even before reading about this opinion, I was hoping someone would share the details of the failure.

I just got in from the field. Look, don't anyone bad mouth Ace because they won't say on here what their opinion is. They WILL talk to you as long as they know who they are talking to and I don't see a problem with that.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 05:07AM
You can't post videos here.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 12:48PM
It broke where the stresses in the frame are the highest. The whole front end including weights are cantilevered from that point. A good frame design accounts for that.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 01:18PM
If you look at the picture it broke right where the front engine mount was welded to the frame which appears to me that was done after the frame rails because it’s not painted green like the frame rails. So maybe whoever did that didn’t do the greatest job and actually ruined the frame then.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 02:11PM
IF the tubes were made from a milder steal they would have bent instead of broke

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 05, 2021 11:11PM
chassis looks mig welded which isnt a great idea for chromoly so maybe its mild steel. for the same tube size and wall thickness chromoly has almost double the tnesile strength of mild steel.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 12:30AM
Lets stay on topic. This thread IS NOT ABOUT ace chassis! He just offered his opinion.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 12:49AM
Dick, thats the problem as Ace did not give his opinion of what happened and what us pullers could do or look at to prevent this from happening in the future. To me this has nothing to do with "trade secrets" or the performance edge, this has to do with the safety of the pullers, fans, and officials. A true businessman and enthusiast would make every attempt to keep everyone safe and grow the sport!

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 01:28AM
He did give his opinion, he just did it on his Facebook page where no no name cowards could jump all over his opinion. He even performed some strength tests to show how it works. He did not post on this thread about doing so and none of you would have known had someone not alerted you to it.

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 06, 2021 03:49AM
Exactly. Just because Mike discussed his thoughts on his Facebook page, doesn’t mean he has to go around to every forum and share those same thoughts. Don’t see everyone jumping on Engler, Barbee, or any other builder for not getting on here and sharing their opinion as to why the frame failed lol

Re: John Deere destroyed last night May 07, 2021 11:24PM
@Original Michael, no, East Coast Pullers no longer exists. The new organization is East Coast Pro Pulling as of 2021 and this was not 1 of their events.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,571, Posts: 229,596, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,057, Posts: 225,852.

Our newest member BadHabit2