Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 20, 2021 03:33PM
What kind of rings are everyone running in turbo alky engines? I’ve burnt a few pistons over the years with std type rings and it seems the ring gaps are lined up when they go. They are always torched in that one spot and the rest of the piston looks like new. I’m thinking of trying zero gap rings to stop this, but some people don’t seem too keen on them.

Thanks

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 20, 2021 08:16PM
I used Total Seal Rings. You can Google for information. Never had a problem torching pistons.

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 21, 2021 02:11AM
Thanks. Are those gapless or standard and if gapless is that on the top or 2nd ring? They offer it both ways.

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 21, 2021 02:46AM
Typically you'll want to run a standard top and a gapless 2nd ring.

[www.ulmerracing.com]

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 21, 2021 04:31AM
Just wondering what your ring gap is set at? Also what gap do or should you use in a diesel application as well?

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 23, 2021 02:44AM
Contact Total Seal Tech department. They will suggest what gap is needed for your set up. Get the information straight from the horse mouth. I have found it's better in the long run. Have fun pulling !

Re: Turbo Alky tractor piston rings July 23, 2021 01:51PM
Sometimes the engines need to be De magnitised it can make the fire travel down the cylinder

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,607, Posts: 229,660, Members: 3,324.
This forum: Topics: 37,062, Posts: 225,885.

Our newest member JD_8520