Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 08, 2021 02:54AM
I wish bowling green would run the light and limited pro's twice in bowling green Ohio. Wish they eliminate the classes that don't have many vehicles like light unlimited and unlimited alcohol. Wish they make one of these classes a grand national class.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 08, 2021 03:44AM
I'll second that

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 08, 2021 04:26AM
GN already has single charger 24.5 tire classes. That sentence shouldn't end in a plurality.

CP

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 08, 2021 05:38AM
I'll third that to Green fan. Those classes are well deserved to be at bowling green, but i also think LLSS should be able to make an appearance there too atleast one session.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 12:59AM
WELL HELL MIGHT AS WELL LET GARDEN TRACTORS N HOT FARMS PULL THERE TO......... GOOD GREIF

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 03:13AM
whats so wrong with them classes? hell they put on a better show than super farm or the 4wd na trucks

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 03:49AM
I would much rather see the region Mods there before another class of smokers. I see the lt and limited pros at darn near EVERY place that has a pull now!!

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 12:02PM
Dude, seriously? Super farm is probably the most competitive class in pulling today, and most pullers, super farm or not, will agree.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 08:24AM
I'd love to see the Light Pros in BG, I think it's a great class. However, CP is right (mostly), GN already has single limited charger 24.5 tire classes. I'd argue that Light Pro probably has the best rules out of those offerings but Super Farm and Pro Stock have a tradition there.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 10:32AM
Jake Morgan
I'd love to see the Light Pros in BG, I think it's a great class. However, CP is right (mostly), GN already has single limited charger 24.5 tire classes. I'd argue that Light Pro probably has the best rules out of those offerings but Super Farm and Pro Stock have a tradition there.

Sf? BG? Tradition? That is laughable!!! Super farm, Light pro, limited pro, Light limited ss and the menagerie of other farm tractor classes have their place in pulling such as state and region events. There is no place for anything less than heavy ss, Light ss and big pros at a GN event much less on pullings biggest event like Pulltown USA!!!

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 10:42AM
You're about 20 years too late. You should have told the NTPA and BG that about 20 years ago... 2001 was the first Super Farm ring winner That's a pretty lengthy tradition at this point. You may not like the tradition... but it's still a tradition.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 03:01PM
Goodness, CP, you make it sound like 24.5's are evil. And more than 1 or 2 class of them is even more evil.
But, there are spectators that literally think that way of those little pulling truck tires and classes. Everyone has preferences. Such is life.

I give Green fan another vote of affirmation.
Nothing wrong with Limited (4.1) Pro Stock rules and show that I've seen in various states, with various sanctioning bodies.

And as far as aforementioned LLSS, HF and Garden tractors, well, there are plenty of them that are quality built, quality appearance and quality performance.

BG is known as National Tractor Pulling Championships. So, why not make it really such, with these 'other' quality classes.
Yeah, somebody will lament about the Antiques. Plenty of them, if the sled is set right, that are nothing to sneeze at.

BG could become a new 'state fair' - pulling for a whole week. Or 2 weekends. Just think outside the "tradition" box.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 06:11PM
I hope you're joking!! Last thing BG needs is another step back in time like sf has been! GN/SN should be top level, not brush level! You can see that other stuff ANY night of the week in Ohio!

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 01:13AM
I don't want to speak for CP (he usually does a better job than me anyway) but it's not the 24.5's that are the problem. It's the fact that there are ton's of single limited charger classes on that same size tires that all look similar. BG already has two classes where the vehicles look the same (tractors with the same tires size and one stack) and it can get confusing to fans. There are so many different single charger classes with different turbo limits and after a while they can all start to look the same to the average casual fan. We've got classes near 1000hp, 1500hp, 2000hp, 2500hp 3000hp and 4000hp that all essentially look the same. Go to a pull like Gordyville... after a while even super fans forget what class their watching.

I completely agree that every class doesn't belong at every pull. I'd also entertain the idea that certain classes shouldn't be GN or Champions tour classes, I don't think there's a need for a national option for every class. I do disagree with AGirbach about the SF not being a tradition, afterall 20 years is a pretty good tradition, but I can completely see the viewpoint that they shouldn't have been a national class, (after all a national circuit and a class that was supposed to be entry level was never logical).

But it's not about 24.5's specifically.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 05:11AM
We all want to see the best most enjoyable show we can. that means inserting the best and most enjoyable classes. I pray the blueshirts arent on here reading this garbage and thinking that this is what the fans actually are thinking just because some idiots want to be dumbasses on a public forum spreading bs and causing problems. it makes no differance how many turbos they use to fill the engine with air or how big the tires are or how many motors or how heavy the vehicle. it all comes down to what classes put on the best show and are the most satisfying for the fans to watch. people after people after people i talk to and interact with want both light and limited pro stocks why because they are so damn entertaining. literally everyone hates 2WD, 4x4 gas trucks, and sf ain't far behind them. people have been griping and grumbling about them for far too long.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 05:31AM
I don't hate those classes you mentioned, so don't say every hates them. I would love to see Light Pros added there as that class fits the state of Ohio and that region better. I would be fine with having either Light or Limited Pros though. I don't want to see any classes get cut, but I feel like if you have either the Light or Limited Pros you would have to sacrifice Super Farms as those classes supersede that class in terms of drivers moving up and in horsepower.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 10:45AM
Well said Brent, The Light Pros would be my first choice if they were to add classes, I've been a fan of that class since it's inception, but I don't want to see any of the current classes cut. Personally I think ALL the National classes need to be in Bowling Green.

To Dmax47... as for what makes an enjoyable show for you might be different to others. There are plenty of fans that think regional and state classes don't belong at BG so clearly not everyone shares your opinion (personally I disagree and I think regional classes could have a place at BG as well as Louisville but that's just my $.02). There are plenty of truck fans... there are plenty of Mod fans... plenty of Mini fans. To me it's the only true Super National pull because it includes ALL the National classes and it has a place for ALL fans to see the best of the best in one place. That's part of what makes BG so special.

The logistic of adding a class are tough, and you're proposing adding two classes... TWO! How would you plan on doing it? What classes are you going to drop? 2wd? Really? There will be ton's of them there and tons of fans like them... 4wd? Really? There are tons of them there too and there are plenty of fans for them as well. As for Super Farm, sure some people grumble about them... some people grumble about EVERY class. Whether you like it or not Super Farms can put on one of the most competitive shows and there are literally dozens of tractors that have a legitimate shot at winning. They have tons of fans. You want to drop national classes for regional ones? That might be a tough sell for some.

It's the diversity of the show that draws the most fans in and the Blue Shirts know that better than anyone. I'm sure they'd add classes if they could and I'm sure the Light Pro is pretty high on their radar but I'm guessing it's all about logistics.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 01:55PM
Let's look at the classes that DMAX47 doesn't like

TWD: There will probably be about 50 at BG this year, and once you watch 5, you've seen them all and fallen asleep.

4x4 Gas: There will probably be about 30-40 at BG this year, and once you watch 5, you've seen them all and fallen asleep

SF: Hasn't been relevant in years since it was replace with Light/Limited Pros here in Ohio, and once you watch 5 SFs, you've seen them all and fallen asleep

I'm glad they put these three snooze fests during the day sessions and Thursday so I can wander from the campground to the toy show and get a milkshake and look at the Make a Wish auction items because these classes are boring. If you want people in the stands when it's 95 on Saturday put a class of Light or Limited Pros in and you'll keep the crowd

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 02:05PM
People leave in droves when there is any combination of 2wd, 4wd, or sf on the track at the same time. Go ahead and
put a poll on your site asking if anybody gives a turd about those classes at BG. Literally Nobody gives a shot whether the class is dubbed grand national or something else. That is the most retarded argument anyone could ever make for why a class should be or not be. The promoter picks the classes that they want or think is best for them . Look at nfms they blew it all up a few years ago and hit the nail on the head absolutely love everything they did. And by the way 2wd are awesome there cuz I enjoy watching the very best of the best against each other with the knowing that the class will be over with only 12 per session and 8 in the finals

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2021 03:14PM by Dmax47.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 02:33PM
To Jake Morgan...as I’m riding home from a tractor pull tonight...I am reflecting on your opinions and reasoning and if you ask me they are not great opinions...luckily this is a free country and we are all entitled to our own opinions and don’t have to agree on everything and we can still go watch some tractor pulls.
To me...it is about what classes and lineups make the best pull...Just because a class is a grand national class doesn’t mean that it is fun to watch. Just think about afternoon sessions in years past and watch this year when the super farms and two wheel drives pull Saturday afternoon and people leave...it’s not just because of the heat. If you would end that session with Light Pro Stocks and another entertaining class then people would stay around. The only reason that many of our group stay so long in the afternoon session for those boring classes is because we make friendly bets to at least make them watchable but some still leave and just look at the live results cooking in the parking lot. Super stock diesel trucks were at BG before they were a grand national class...people bring up traditions as a reason not to change something. The Farm Show changed up the schedule and now it is better than ever. I’d argue that Light Pros and Limited Pros have pretty much caught up in numbers with Super Farms now too. Another thing that I think many agree on is the combining of SSD and SSO. Light Unlimiteds are a joke with rule changes.
Scrap Light Unlimiteds and merge the SSD and SSO...and replace SF with Light Pros. I’ll continue to sit and watch the TWD and FWD I guess. We need a poll to show what classes would be the favorites out of TWD, FWD, SF, Limited Pros, and Light Pros. I go to give or take 45 pulls a year all over the state of Ohio but venture out into Pennsylvania, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, and West Virginia watching all varieties of truck and tractor classes and different levels of pulls...and I hear a lot of people frustrated by the large numbers of TWD, FWD, and SF at BG. I don’t hear people complaining about large numbers or Prostocks or Minis.

I know this post jumped around quite a bit and ran on but I’m trying to type while going around the hills of Holmes County in Amish County while talking with friends that feel the same way.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 02:34AM
Chip42
as I’m riding home from a tractor pull tonight...I am reflecting on your opinions and reasoning and if you ask me they are not great opinions

What opinions specifically? My stance is there are different stroke for different folks... we seem to agree on that. My opinion is that some classes are fun to watch and others aren't... we seem to agree on that too. Personally I usually enjoy tractor classes more than non-tractor classes, I'm guessing we agree on that too. SSO and SSD combining... yeah, I've been lobbying for that for years. "Light Unlimited are a joke", yeah I've been saying that for years now, the rules are terrible and it has so much potential if it had good rules. As for tradition being a reason not to change, totally agree. If SF was putting on a bad show I'd say change them. However they put on a great show for their HP level and it's a class that can comes down to the last hook every pull because it's so competitive. I also agree that there have been years where there were way too many SF. Infact I think we can agree that huge classes can get pretty boring sometimes. As for the NFMS changing things up... yeah, I wrote about that years before they did it... I kinda wrote a blueprint actually and we also agree that they did a great job. Could you remind me what classes they dropped at the Farm show? None. They simply added classes and limited numbers, however they have the ability to limit numbers... something kind of exclusive to an invitational event, something BG can't do as a points hook. I've also said that I think there's a place for regional classes at BG, something I think we also agree on. I also agree that Light Pro have pretty much caught SF in numbers... I think we can agree they'd have a great turnout at BG. I also agree that Light Pro would be a great addition to BG... but again how? Cancelling the classes that you (and some others) don't like. Well sure I'd love to cancel classes that I don't like too but that's not a great idea... here's why:

I know people who's favorite class is 2wd. They come to BG specifically because it's one of the biggest (if not the biggest) 2wd classes in the world (this is a fact, not an opinion). They think that if you've seen one tractor class you've seen them all (their opinion, not mine). There are tons of people that only enjoy the screaming sound of a blown V-8... some prefer naturally asperated. Again, their opinion, not mine... I'd turbocharge everythingGrinning.

If you canceled the truck classes guess what happens? Guess? All the truck fans stay home. ALL of them. Not some of them, pretty much all of them. That puts a significant dent in ticket sales. You guys say the stands empty when they pull... well lets be generous and say half the people don't watch those classes (realistically 30% might leave but lets just say half)... lets say half of those still in the stands are just too lazy to get up but still hate those classes. That leaves 25% that still enjoy watching those classes... that would still be a pretty big dent in ticket sales. If half of those decided not to come that would be a huge loss in sales. A 10-15% loss is HUGE. Clearly plenty of people do enjoy them because they do have truck pulls all over this country and people show up, maybe not you, or Rightreartire or dmax47, but clearly others do or they wouldn't have those pulls.

The point you guys seem to be missing is that variety fills more seats and sells more tickets. There are truck guys, tractor guys, mod guys (yes there are sub-groups within those general groups: diesel vs. alky, 2wd vs 4wd, multi turbo vs single turbo, etc... but those are the rough divisions in the fan base). The tractor guys... guess what, you'll come anyway and you'll walk around when the trucks pull. The pull already has got your gate money so if your butt is in the seat or walking the pits they don't really care as long as you're at the event and having fun. Infact if you're walking the midway and spending extra money that's even better because you're supporting the vendors that have paid rent to be there and now those vendors will make a profit and come back. When the tractors pull truck guys will do the same thing. How many tractor guys stay home because they don't have Light Pros? Some, but not too many. Would it make the show better, I sure think so, but once again, how can we fit them in... haulers, support vehicles, schedule wise... As the pull currently stands the logistics outweigh the benefit even if I really, really want them there. We've already discussed canceling classes and it's a net loss and that why Louisville didn't cancel classes either.

As for the "once you watch 5, you've seen them all and fallen asleep" that theRightRearTire183 said... how about you have a session with Hot Farm, Super Farm, Limited Pro, Light Pro, and Pro Stock and then ask the truck fans or mod fan how good the show was. Or maybe ask the mod fans? How about you ask a casual fan what classes they just watched... heck some of them may think they just watched one giant class where the ones at the end seemed to run better. Yes, I'd know the differences and you guys would probably know the differences but to many fans (the majority) in the seats it would all just blur together.

As for trading the SF for Light Pro... sure I think Light Pro put on a better show (something we also probably agree on) but it's not a net gain for the promotor because it's just a simple trade that appeals to roughly the same crowd. The promotor gains nothing monetarily and they've excluded a GN class for a Regional one. They've kicked out a class that has a 20 year tradition of putting on a great show.. punished them when they've been loyal (huge numbers every year) and done a good job... those are things that seem like great attributes and you want to exclude them? I respect that consistence and loyalty and I sure couldn't exclude them. From an employer standpoint I'd hope no-one would treat a loyal and hardworking employee like that just because a better worker came on the scene... I'd hope you find a way to hire both instead of firing someone who's supported you for 20 years and showed up ready to work every single year and has done consistent good work.

What opinions specifically don't you agree with? if it's cancelling classes please explain how it would be a net gain for the event. If it's adding more classes to the current schedule explain how you would do it logistically. If it's something else please let me know.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 03:42AM
I don't have enough time in the day to argue all of your horribly stupid points. None of the classes owe anything to BG and BG owes absolutely nothing to sf the business annology does not even remotely apply to this situation. We are talking about switching out a class because one class is better than the other the light pro class is almost exactly what pro stock was some years ago and it was the fan favorite so we are just reinserting it. It's a better class and people would enjoy it BG more if it was there instead of a snoozer class. In a perfect magical world I wouldnt want the 2wd and 4wd trucks to be completely gone. I would love to see the 15-20 absolute best ones duke it out. But that would require invites or some other way of choosing who gets to come and that can of worms might be best not opening. I don't hate truck classes sir I currently pull a truck and have for the last 6 years but I will tell anyone I would kill to have a tractor instead of a truck I just can't afford one

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 04:06AM
Dmax47............you have completely missed the point. Debating clearly ain't your strong suit. Your opinion is just that.....nothing more than an opinion.

Jake makes excellent points about class variety vs drawing fans. It takes all types of classes and all types of fans to make a show as big as BG work.

Maybe you should seek therapy sessions over your heavily biased SF anger issues? It's exhausting listening to them.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 06:42AM
Dmax47
I don't have enough time in the day to argue all of your horribly stupid points.

If they're so "horribly stupid" it should be pretty easy and quick to argue against them, at least most of them, or many of them, or even some of them really.

Dmax47
the business annology does not even remotely apply to this situation. We are talking about switching out a class because one class is better than the other

How's that different than switching out a loyal employee for one that's a little better? Let me expound on that one for you. Well first things first BG is a business. It hires (employs) different acts (classes) to come in and put on a show/make a passes (provide a service/entertainment). Those acts (classes) are essentially employees that put on the show to create revenue (again, it is a business). Whether you want to call the class an employee or a sub-contractor that employs the individual pullers it makes no difference it's essentially the same relationship. Fans are the consumer. BG advertises, they do taxes, they employ and provide a service. Seems pretty straight forward to me, hopefully we're all on the same page. The class (again... employees, and yes, they even get paid as a class... but not everyone earns the same amount. It's merit based and some earn more and some go home empty handed, but they all know that business contract when they sign-up). The SF class (employees) have been very, very loyal. They've had great numbers year after year. They've been very, very loyal employees as a group for 20 years. They've had almost 70 show up and they all know that many (most) will work hard (make a pass... provide entertainment) and still not get paid. Now in the past couple of years there's a potential new employee (class) Light Pro and they do better work, so would you just dump your loyal employee (SF) of 20 years? I initially made this analogy off-the-cuff but the more I think about it, it completely applies to this situation. As a business do you value loyalty or do you just care about profit? Where are your values? Are you cut-throat and profit is all that matters or are you a decent business and you realize there are numerous attributes to weigh? In a perfect world you'd hire both, but you need to figure out how to make that work with the resources you have. The SF pullers are people... they do care, they have feelings, and they supported that event. They are very real, just like employees and they've also established relationships with the customers (fans) just like employees do with customers. There's also no guarantee that BG will make more profit (bring in more fans) by switching. There's also no guarantee that the quality of the work (show/entertainment) dramatically increases. Much like any business, the work might slightly improve, but that might not even be noticeable to the average consumer (fan). I really don't know how this analogy could be more applicable to BG and if you can't understand that well... I guess my "horribly stupid points" are just outside your grasp or I'm too dumb to convey them clearly.

Dmax47
the light pro class is almost exactly what pro stock was some years ago and it was the fan favorite so we are just reinserting it. It's a better class

Agree... but it's not the same class. You could also say the SF make more power than the SS of 40 years ago so it's almost the same thing too. It would be a weak argument as well.

Dmax47
In a perfect magical world I wouldnt want the 2wd and 4wd trucks to be completely gone. I would love to see the 15-20 absolute best ones duke it out. But that would require invites or some other way of choosing who gets to come and that can of worms might be best not opening.

Agreed. That's exactly my point... see section about employees for why I wouldn't just rashly fire those classes. Also see my previous post about Louisville not dropping classes to get as much variation and fan support/ticket sales as possible (because it's a business)

Dmax47
I don't hate truck classes sir I currently pull a truck and have for the last 6 years but I will tell anyone I would kill to have a tractor instead of a truck I just can't afford one

Nobody said you hated trucks... NOWHERE did I say that. Please show me where I said that. You said "literally everyone hates 2WD, 4x4 gas trucks" Your words not mine, and if you believe that.. well YOU are part of "literally everyone". Side note Brent disagreed and I did as well.

You can fire loyal employees if you'd like, I'd rather seek alternate options to get those new employees hired. Just like the NFMS did! Maybe changing the schedule so more classes hook Thursday and then re-hook Friday (as opposed to Thursday then their second hook on Saturday) and then they move their haulers to a separate location to allow new haulers to enter the pits. Then look at changing the schedule to put classes with lower numbers in a session together to have one session with 6 or 7 small classes and one session with 4 bigger classes to keep overall session times similar. I'm not saying these are the greatest ideas, but I'd rather not remove GN classes from a SN event.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2021 11:15AM by Jake Morgan.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 04:44PM
Jake, I understand, and agree 110% with what you said. I've been to BG twice, and you see everything there, regardless of whether or not you like every type of vehicle.
I'm a SS, PS and SF fan for the most part, (even field stock for what it's worth, if you will, if you can even find a class like that anymore), and I can tolerate the unl. mods., but the trucks and minis could stay home as far as I'm concerned, but that's my opinion , and problem.....lol, but I can agree, that the promoter NEEDS to draw as large a crowd as he can by having every "type" of vehicle represented. I realize a promoter will probably never please everyone, but if it were poss., I'd like to see all the "farm" style looking tractors..... ie: SS, PS and SF pull in one day and mods and trucks pull on the other day. That way the truck fans wouldn't be sitting through a bunch tractors and the tractor fans wouldn't be forced to sit through the trucks, but both fans would still get what they came for.
I don't know if that's doable or not.....just say'in.

My $.02

Darrel

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 12:50AM
Sooooo, I see I got a hands down on my post above.

Tell me why that would be bad from a fans point of view ?

Darrel

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 09:15AM
JDpowershift
Sooooo, I see I got a hands down on my post above.

Tell me why that would be bad from a fans point of view ?

Darrel

I didn't thumbs down it, but the idea of an all truck day and an all tractor day is a poor business move for a promoter, you would have inconsistent crowd numbers and in turn it's hard on concessions and vendors too.

The reality is that if we all liked the same things it would be a boring world. Variety makes you appreciate all things and makes you appreciate those things you like the most, more. No doubt a class you don't like may be an opportunity to get up and stretch your legs and get a deep fried twinkle but the class you enjoy is that same opportunity for someone else.

It really takes all of us.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 06:02AM
You covered it Jake, yes.

CP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2021 06:04AM by cpr.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 02:41AM
I remember at bg when there was no semis,there was no 4wd,there was no 2wd,there was no pro-stock.all the truck classes were brought in a year prior as an exhibition with a few hooks,there wasnt much excitement about them either.and there was garden tractors there

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 02:52AM
I look at this from a completely different angle. In theory, you drop the two smaller classes at BG and bring in 4.1 and Light Pro...what you have likely done is exchange 30ish hooks for 60-75 more hooks, maybe more. Where you gonna park the haulers? Whose willing to give up their campsites for a row of haulers? When will you run them? Start the noon sessions at 10am? Mind you, I enjoy both classes, but the logistics in adding and subtracting the puzzle pieces that make up BG are kinda mind-numbing and a bunch of people at a higher pay grade and greater level of responsibility face those dilemmas...better them than me.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 03:31AM
I've had to move my campsite twice due to hauler parking,and I expect to again,wont bother me one bit

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 04:02AM
If we get moved one more time, it will be to a site with no services......which isn't wonderful if you've had a serviced site for 20ish years now. We were very thankful to receive services after spending the first 5 plus years envious of those who had them.

The show is good at the current size. I like big/many classes, but not everyone does. Sessions of 3 - 3.5 hrs (4 hrs max) is best for all parties involved.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 12:04PM
So you think light pro, limited pro, llss, and hot farm deserve a place in pulling EVERYWHERE?! Come on man.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 09, 2021 06:27PM
Another vote coming from me! They should absolutely be there. And hell, why's it such a big deal to add another class or two without ending others? Money isn't a legitimate excuse but I'm sure that is what's used

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 10, 2021 02:57PM
How interesting, none of ya' are really "thinkin' " outside the 'traditional' box of classes and BG 'traditional' dates. That is not called "growing pulling". Or showcasing it at the world's largest tractor and truck pull.
And I do not love every (current GN) class, but I find each interesting enough to watch each in totality. I do not want to miss any of the action.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 01:49AM
If I’m not mistaken, is t there an ongoing tussle with the Wood County Fairgrounds and the NWTPA over use if the fairgrounds? I don’t think this would be a good time to change too much. Let’s be happy Bowling Green WILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR!

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 04:02AM
if the a sf goes 28mph down the track and the light pro goes 30mph and they finish in about the same spot what have you gained? 2mph? of course it's 2 diff sled sets to get the same distance but still

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 01:13PM
One spun out and ran 5,000 rpms & the other didn’t.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 02:40PM
Just Sayin’
If I’m not mistaken, is t there an ongoing tussle with the Wood County Fairgrounds and the NWTPA over use if the fairgrounds? I don’t think this would be a good time to change too much. Let’s be happy Bowling Green WILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR!

They can "tussle" all they want but wood county would come up on the shortend of the stick! There is a LION waiting in the weeds just dying to host this event and I hope before I'm dead I get to see it there!!!!

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 03:27PM
Just Sayin’

Do you mean NTPA or Northwest Ohio Tractor Pullers?

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 04:57PM
NWOTPA

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 11, 2021 11:35PM
NWOTPA

It was mistake on my spellcheck. I’ve heard there has been discussions between the blue shirts and the fair board. I don’t know if anyone can shine a light on this?

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 12:08AM
I would guess they are less than interested in airing any laundry (dirty or not) on a public forum. It's really none of our business what is happening in their meetings. If it becomes an issue, I'm sure it will be made public with a plan B already in place.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 04:09AM
Just Sayin', i'm a local in BG and can confirm there have been talks of the NWOTPA buying the fair grounds from the fair board and renting the grounds to the fair board for the county fair. And the NWOTPA has more than enough money to pull this off. The fair board is also in just enough financial trouble that they would be intrigued.

Re: Light and limited pro's in bowling green ohio August 12, 2021 09:17AM
That makes complete and total sense - for both parties. Most county fairs (at least in Ohio) have struggled financially and last year did not help.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,576, Posts: 229,605, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2