350 float? August 22, 2021 05:30AM
What the heck does it mean when they say that we going to run a 350 float or a 330 float? Why don't they just say that the track is 350 feet long, anyone past that will come back for a pulloff.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: 350 float? August 22, 2021 01:49PM
The way I understood it is they did away with the “bubble” thing they tried for a while. Measured distance up to 350’, in the pulloff if you go over.

Re: 350 float? August 22, 2021 02:01PM
There was no float at BG. There was in almost every other NTPA pull this year, but not last weekend.

A more simple, concise, and accurate description would have been:

The track is 350 feet.

Re: 350 float? August 22, 2021 02:42PM
Dick Morgan
What the heck does it mean when they say that we going to run a 350 float or a 330 float? Why don't they just say that the track is 350 feet long, anyone past that will come back for a pulloff.

Put the full pull distance back at 300 feet and quit "floating" a finish!!!!! To all competitors that don't want that, put your money where your mouth is and make sure your equipment can handle it!!!!!! ENOUGH of the one run wonders bs! And suck it up if YOU can't handle the crowd getting to see your vehicle going down the track 2 times!!! smh

Re: 350 float? August 22, 2021 04:24PM
Pulloff,
First I will and do pulloff when I need but for you to tell us pullers to put our money where are mouth is is interesting...we already have put hundreds and hundreds of thousands of $$$$$$ where our so called mouth is. When YOU do that come talk to us!!! I've been in LOTS of pulloffs and as I've said many times I love pulloffs,my tractors not so much!

Most sports have changed their rules in some way or other over the years, why is 300' such a sacred thing? I'd way rather go 340' than 300' and it's usually no more run time than a 300' pass. Just faster and more fun for me and for the most part the fans. I went 369' the other night as test hook and the fans loved it, the sled was reset I won at 312' and the fans didn't seem nearly as excited.

When you get that tractor built and make 40 or so passes a summer you might actually rethink your position on this subject, if you build a diesel truck I'm pretty sure you will cause those guys hate running twice. I guess in your eyes they just need to MAN UP and put some more money into an already ridiculously expensive hobby.

As far as what Dick is talking about, a 350' float, that was not happening this past weekend but it has most of the summer. They shoot for 320' to 350' and if the venue has the room they will float it if the sled guy misses their goal. They are no different than us pullers, they misread the track sometimes, why punish the test hook tractor because the sled operator missed the mark?

S'no Farmer

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 02:22AM
Pulloff

Put the full pull distance back at 300 feet and quit "floating" a finish!!!!! To all competitors that don't want that, put your money where your mouth is and make sure your equipment can handle it!!!!!! ENOUGH of the one run wonders bs! And suck it up if YOU can't handle the crowd getting to see your vehicle going down the track 2 times!!! smh

I agree!!

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 11:18AM
Racehorses,
Racehorses draw a bigger crowd than workhorses,just sayin!

S'no Farmer

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 01:35PM
SAVE money fix two tracks with a stop light in the middle and race them then Tractors are made to replace those work horses Race cars were made to replace those RACE HORSES you speak of

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 03:06AM
Pulloff

You seem to have all the answers...Tell me what you think pullers are going to have to do to make sure their equipment can handle it?So you want to go back to 1990 or earlier with half the horsepower, long bar tires,old type sleds, slower speeds,etc..I have news for you....You can dream about it all that you want to but its not going to happen...

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 03:18AM
A well known puller told me a 350' run is easier on parts than a 300' run. He pulls unlimited mod.

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 01:36PM
Sportscenter
A well known puller told me a 350' run is easier on parts than a 300' run. He pulls unlimited mod.

Same with SSDFWD. We would rather run higher rpms and get out to 320-330+

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 11:32AM
I agree. Let's face it, we all have time to waste. So if it slows down the rest of the show by 20 minutes to wait for a tractor to come back and bump the sled for an exciting win I am all for it.

Re: 350 float? August 23, 2021 03:20AM
Some of the confusion may be completely my fault as I mentioned we would float to 350 and anyone by that distance would be coming back in a pulloff. That statement is misleading on my part for sure, as ultimately the full pull distance was a flat 350. That was the first NTPA GN pull I have worked this year where a Pulloff was contested.
Miles

Miles Krieger

My Blog:
Miles Beyond 300
[www.facebook.com]
milesbeyond300@gmail

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,575, Posts: 229,604, Members: 3,319.
This forum: Topics: 37,058, Posts: 225,857.

Our newest member BadHabit2