Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 02:01PM
We are looking to start a new business like the race car experience people are doing.
We are looking to rent our 4.1 limited pro for a fee at each pull. We would bring the tractor to track do all the leg work. Coach the customer, Prep and set the tractor, and do dinner after the pull. We have a converted Nascar hauler for a trailer and could do a full experience from start to finish. I realize there are a lot of fans on here and looking to test the waters for Interest. Look at charging $5,000-$10,000 a pull session realizing between the trailer, semi, and tractor we are around $750,000 in expense. Clearly it’s not a cheap pass but it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to run a top of the line tractor and be fully catered every step of the way.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 02:12PM
L O L!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/23/2021 03:22PM by top row fan.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 02:33PM
Got to realize it’s expensive to run and it’s a wined and dined sort of deal. We we assume all the risk of problems with the tractor. And their is no where else in the world to do this sort of thing.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:20PM
So, post up some contact info, name of tractor, etc.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 02:58PM
WTF??????? I assume your limited pro stock is paid for? lmao

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:08PM
I'd sure hope people don't borrow money on pulling tractors. Lol

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:17PM
I’m pretty sure you can’t. I’m guessing most of that expense is truck and trailer.to build a top of the line limited pro is $250k give or take

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:26PM
Our trailer has a full apartment in the next of it. Be just like charting a sport fishing boat or hiring a sprint car team so you could go race. Don’t a lot in other motor sports!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:41PM
We have been into pulling for 20 years and every year people say they wish they could take that ride down the track in a top level machine. Well here is that chance. HeKc their are certain people out their with money that would people like to pull but are not mechanical enough to handle it and could be hired on crew chief just like they do in sprint car racing.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 03:45PM
If I'm going to have to pay $5000-$10000, I'd better be more than wined and dined, and one pass down the track...

Post contact info, name of tractor, etc...

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 04:24PM
Well I’m not going to speak for the all or nothing guy but I think common since would come into pay as to what the tractor name is….. be smarter than that

What would you pay August 23, 2021 04:32PM
Well “top row fan” what would you say it’s worth? Take time away from day job. Build a tractor, buy a nice rig do all inclusive dinner and booze after the hook and entertain all night. Im not posting my stuff on the internet unless I’m 100% offering my time. Trying to get opinions and ideas here and instead I’m dealing with… well…

Re: What would you pay August 23, 2021 11:10PM
I think it's a great idea! There are several companies that let you drive a real race car on a real track and schedules are booked pretty full. I personally have participated in the race driving school at Infineon Raceway (California) and took a couple of customers for a week of driving. What an unforgettable great time!
I believe the cost was about $600 per day and so for a week it was around $5,000 per person with meals and lodging. I would say that if you could be in that $5,000 range, it would work. In fact I would love to be one of the first customers. How many fans have sat in the seats dreaming of the opportunity to do what you are suggesting? The "nay sayers" to your post are just jealous that they didn't think of it first, and what a great way to get people in the seat of a tractor for way less than $750,000!

Re: What would you pay August 23, 2021 11:56PM
I kind figured the same thing! For basically $5k you get to hang out at the pits with the crew, get to help with the tractor prep if wanted like unloading, set up, interact with other fans as the driver and such. Then after the pull have some cocktails if wanted to hang out and relax and cook out on the grill. That’s what we do after every pull and it’s a blast! The $10,000 would be like if we went to a super national like BG or tomah. Or if we could put like 3 pulls in a row and travel with the crew even and make multiple passes.

Re: What would you pay August 24, 2021 12:19AM
they charge $10,000 for top fuel ride. so $5000 does not seem too much. I wonder about insurance cost.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 03:19AM
Unless there are 2 of you typing on the same keyboard, you are. Continued lack of transparency and name calling will get this thread trimmed down pretty quick.

CP

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 02:57AM
This is a great idea! I've done the Nascar driving experience, Gauntlet Warbirds flying experience among others and as a tractor pulling fan this would probably be the most exciting for me. There are some obvious details/issues to work out but I could see this turn into a very fun experience for the customers. Keep working at it!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 23, 2021 11:54PM
I’m currently a puller in light pro and I’d consider doing it, always been intrigued by the 4.1 class. Interested! Personally at $5,000 that’s a bargain. I’d say keep it around that price you’ll be hooked up all year. Good luck!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 12:18AM
My main worry is a 4.1 might be a little to much tractor for new people to handle if they don’t have any experience but maybe you make it a application to pull. I’m not saying I’d do it all season but heck if it helps offset enough expenses for the year and put some coin in you pocket that’s not all bad.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 12:48AM
Good idea, however couple of things to keep in mind; most people have never experienced
1. a crower clutch especially as the rpms come up
2. separate rear independent brakes
3. hand throttle

Bobby Maxwell

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 11:10AM
People are willing to pay millions for a few minutes in space so 5 to 10 thousand doesn't sound too far out of line when you put things into perspective.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 01:14AM
What if you could build a double size roll cage, NTPA approved, with a back entrance & rent a back seat for someone to ride as an experienced driver takes them down the track. Much better on equipment, safer & would allow more people to experience the rush of pulling.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 01:42AM
That’s a great idea just have to figure out how to get it into the trailer. I’m guessing have to look into insurance as well. That could be a big factor. This would probably work best for a mod vs a diesel

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 02:32AM
All or nothing
That’s a great idea just have to figure out how to get it into the trailer. I’m guessing have to look into insurance as well. That could be a big factor. This would probably work best for a mod vs a diesel

How would this work with the org. that you pull with? Would the driver be a per day member or have to have full membership? Again, I am going to assume that would come out of the $5,000 to $10,000 that you are charging? If the driver is a member or a per day member depending on the organization, then they should be covered going down the track. Off the track since you are charging them, you would be liable for their safety I would think when they are with you. You'd need some real good liability insurance. You could have them sign a waiver, but we all know how well that works in the event of an accident. Maybe you could start by looking at a promoter insurance policy? Just a thought. Insurance is a tricky thing.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 04:11AM
I think its a GREAT idea. Many that can not afford the sport would pay for the once in a life time experience. Anyone with a CCard could make this happen. Great Idea and if managed right I am sure it would work!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 04:14AM
Add the wrap for advertisement option

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 06:13AM
This is a Great Idea. Good way to possibly grow the sport. Some individuals will be a One and done, just to be able to say they have done it. Others will be hooked. There is a very prominent TWD team kicking this idea around very seriously as well. This could also bring many un-forseen additions as well. It could bring Sponsors, say for instance someone such as Matt Cain, who owns a prominent business and was interested in Pulling, this is the perfect way to test the waters and see if its really for them. And then not only a new Team owner, but a series and Competitor Sponsor comes on the scene. Its all good!

BB

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 07:02AM
I think it’s a great idea as a matter of fact there’s a few tractors out there that I’ve contemplated offering a handful of cash for a trip down the track

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 07:16AM
The cost to drive a Nascar around the track at one of the "experiences" is a couple hundred bucks. Expecting people to pay $5,000 for one trip down the track seems a little ambitious. Also seems like a pretty big safety issue.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 26, 2021 04:08AM
Always remember, the Vehicle is the Member covered by any Organizations insurance, not so much the driver. I see folks jump on Pro Stocks and others and occasionally drive whom I'm not familiar with. A per hook or adding their name as a driver would cover the deal.

BB

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 10:20AM
Do you know the name of his promotion company?

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 08:34AM
This is a great idea and should pay out great - so many ppl out there want to expiernce the rush , as we have diesel top fuel dragsters that have ppl experience the rush- great idea and should payout great

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 10:06AM
Another thought. Think about how you would handle customers and rained out events. Say customer X one week is signed up and customer Y for the next and so on and so forth. Customer x's week gets rained out and then misses the opportunity because the following week is customer y's week and there's no rain in sight? You'd have to have an agreement with customer x of some sort if that were to happen. And I guess that would be if you were going to line people up ahead of the season. Now if you were to start this business, I wonder if it would qualify for rain insurance? Just another couple thoughts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/24/2021 10:07AM by Supertiquer.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 10:32AM
I've pulled for years but nothing over 1000 horses...I've often said that just once I'd like to take a certain higher horsepower tractor down the track...The main problem is lots of people just wouldnt be capable of taking a 4.1 down the track as things happen so fast..Most would have problems even getting it off the line..I've seen lots of pullers sons and daughters have problems on their first few attempts but finally turned in to great drivers....Would a customer be happy paying $5,000 and never getting it launched?Your tractor would take lots of abuse..

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 10:49AM
Excellent post. What constitutes an attempt? If a guy paid $5k, I would expect that they would want to get decent speed down the track. In reality, I think the majority of people wouldn’t build boost and would limp out of the hole or get out of the clutch too quick and who the hell knows what would happen.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 11:16AM
I think it is a cool idea, but doubt it would ever work out. Most people won’t know how to drive it and will not get off the line. Others will overturn it on the line or burn it in at the end and destroy the tractor. I however don’t think there is a liability issue? Any random person can go and pull a tractor for the first time. Don’t see how this would be any different.

Now a ride along on a mod or something is a cool idea as well. Seems more practical.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 01:16PM
LSS Fan
I however don’t think there is a liability issue? Any random person can go and pull a tractor for the first time. Don’t see how this would be any different.

If he is wanting to start a business, there will be a liability issue. There's always a liability issue even when paid members of an organization are pulling. That's why we paid members have insurance through our organizations.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 01:53PM
Yeah but couldn’t the person paying $5k to drive the tractor also just join the association for another $700 or whatever? Just be part of the $5k

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 02:00PM
LSS Fan
Yeah but couldn’t the person paying $5k to drive the tractor also just join the association for another $700 or whatever? Just be part of the $5k

I think I said that same thing in my previous post if you go back and look at them.

Larry Dixon's 2 seater top fuel dragster August 24, 2021 11:12AM
All or nothing
We are looking to start a new business like the race car experience people are doing.
We are looking to rent our 4.1 limited pro for a fee at each pull. We would bring the tractor to track do all the leg work. Coach the customer, Prep and set the tractor, and do dinner after the pull. We have a converted Nascar hauler for a trailer and could do a full experience from start to finish. I realize there are a lot of fans on here and looking to test the waters for Interest. Look at charging $5,000-$10,000 a pull session realizing between the trailer, semi, and tractor we are around $750,000 in expense. Clearly it’s not a cheap pass but it’s a once in a lifetime opportunity to run a top of the line tractor and be fully catered every step of the way.

[www.youtube.com]

I think that NHRA won't let him run it at sanctioned events but he rents tracks for the rider's paid passes.

Re: Larry Dixon's 2 seater top fuel dragster August 24, 2021 11:18PM
I've been pulling since 1976 and the hottest tractor has been a Hot Farm. I can't imagine letting someone run a 4.1 with no experience at all. My friend runs one and I'll tell you what it's a ride for sure. All I can see is parts a flying from holding it wide open before go time or taking that wild ride toward the barriers or what ever else can happen. A remote shut off would work except the sled wouldn't know what was going on. I can see a pickup doing it with a co-pilot but never a tractor unless it's a farm stocker. Liability insurance is a must or they could own your tractor and business. I'd find another way to pay for your addiction. I'd rather pay you to haul my tractor on a 1/2 million dollar hauler to my local fair just for kicks and giggles. Good luck for sure.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 24, 2021 11:55PM
If one has $750,000 , to "play around with", I'd be investing it in the stock market, instead of trying this, but that's just me.....lol.
Not trying to tell someone what to do, and there are never any guarantees IMHO, but that amount of money in the stock market should be making about 10% +/-....that's around $75K And if not touched and if you keep your investments funded, that $750K should double in about 7 1/2 years......do the math ! (and I've done much better than that in the past over the last 30 or so years), just say'in.....lol.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/2021 12:01AM by JDpowershift.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 11:16AM
I'm assuming everyone has seen the "wild rides , wrecks and fires" videos, right ??? If your talking about putting a "newbee" on "anything" but a bare bones stock tractor that you can still work the back 40 acres with , I think your nuts. Putting someone with little, to absolutely no experience, on a bare bones stock farm tractor, on the other hand, might be more realistic.....and safer.

I'm looking at trying to start a stock tractor pulling club for larger tractors from 1960's and up, (not antiques), for tractors like 4440's, TW 25's, AC 8050's , 5088 IH's , 1150 MF's and etc..
I have considered allowing spectators on something like the above mentioned tractors, if I do something like this, but nothing high performance by any means, but it would have to be well thought out and liability issues would have to be addressed.

I guess it's all about how much risk one is willing to take in trying it.
I do agree with the idea of going the truck route instead of tractors.....think that would be safer.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 02:45PM
The sleds should be set heavier for this as well like the old sleds. The new ones, early in the pass, if the vehicle gets too much momentum starting out and then gets out of control, if the driver of the pulling vehicle backs out of it quickly or the sled operator pulls the shutdown, the sleds speeds up and rear ends and pushes the pulling vehicle. That could result in a very bad situation.
I love the idea of having this. Just a lot of things that can go wrong.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 09:19PM
I'd think a 4wd truck would be the best set up like our old drivers ed car from highschool.2 steering wheels,and 2 sets of pedals,the passenger has a kill switch too.i be interested in paying 5g to pilot 4play at a legit pull

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 01:13AM
As a long time fan i thinks this is an awesome idea. i have always wanted to make a pass. I know alot of pullers, but never would dream of asking to drive. this would be awesome. 5,000 for the chance isnt bad when you consider chartered fishing trips. 10,000 would be a bit much for most people. 5000 a person can save for. i think this could work. Some fans like myself that has been around pulling for 30+ years would know how to handle them selves more so than the occasional fan. bring it to Minnesota id be in heaven.GrinningBeer

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 01:19AM
Sounds like a liability suit waiting to happen, Could be a way to make some money ............or lose a tractor, I would make sure I was covered.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 02:51AM
Nice thought, -BAD idea, -with sue happy lawyers chumping at the bite, no way will this concept be widespread, and most could not handle it, ,my 700 plus hp mod is a handful for me sometimes, oh,sometimes not, but with head bouncing(helmet) off the bars, and five point harness grabbing my chest, it is fun, but not for a novice.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 03:30AM
After all the comments and consideration a twd truck would be the smartest route with it. It wouldn’t be a jump in and go kinda deal. It would be a meet at 9 am and all day training then go pull kinda thing. Their are multiple businesses just like this in Nascar, dirt track, and drag racing. I was a little surprised what all you could pay to do. Twd is fast enough for the rush but safe and easiest to drive for a beginner. 4.1 is probably to much to start on but a twd with remote control ignition kill and 5-6 hours of training. They could easily do it. Got to remember also, most people that are going to pay that already have some experience driving equipment or more than just a car on the road. I have helped many new drivers with their first pass down the track and a lot of it is just taking time to teach them and being conservative on set up. Keep front end heavy and give her a fat tune up. We normally back new people to the sled and start them on the track. You get 6 min from time you are called to get it started. Plenty of time, I think we may just pursue this some more. Thanks everyone!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 03:34AM
Keep us updated!

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 03:43AM
they are paying hundreds of thousands to fly up into space.But just sitting there to enjoy the ride,some have to much disposable money.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 02:52PM
to the Moon,
they are paying hundreds of thousands to fly up into space.But just sitting there to enjoy the ride,some have to much disposable money.

So what is your idea to grow the sport of pulling? Or do you really want to?

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 03:32PM
I didn't know there was such a thing as "to much disposable money".
I'd like to have that problem !

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 04:45AM
Another thing that could help out is having a test track/sled available to practice on a couple times (or more) instead of just turning someone loose at a pull

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 25, 2021 04:49AM
Not very feasible and or practical, those with money to waste ,many times are irresponsible and not very caring about others stuff, just saying, some that would be able to handle it and drive ok, will not "WASTE" the money.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 26, 2021 05:27AM
As a fan of pulling and know what type idea you have 5k-10k way over price...more like 1500 / 2k..

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 26, 2021 06:57AM
The price to give someone the chance to "run it down the track", is going to be a matter of opinion based on what it costs....or "could" cost to do it. I'm not involved in any type of high performance pulling, but I DO realize it takes a great deal of money.....more than the average person can afford......or there would be more people out there doing it.
As much as I like tractor pulling,, and i probably could afford to get into it at a certain level, I see to many liability issues in letting someone take that run down the track if someone gets hurt, along with damage to the tractor if something goes really bad. That's got to be a pretty steep insurance bill and or repair bill, I'd think.
So, what's to much to charge is hard to say.

Re: Rent a limited pro stock August 26, 2021 09:31AM
We all make choices and many do not make sense,I have paid 1800 $ to travel 1700 miles to win 14 $ in a class that was a win. We do many things that are not worth it, however memories are great and many are priceless !

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,618, Posts: 229,674, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,890.

Our newest member JD_8520