Is the NTPA really out of money September 09, 2021 05:10AM
Is the NTPA really out of money, is it true that the pullers are having to wait for their checks?

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 09, 2021 09:11AM
I have gotten mine all summer! Pot stirrers and wanna bees!

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 09, 2021 09:36AM
They never said they weren't getting them, just getting them later than normal. I know several pullers were wondering about when they could expect their checks at the last event I was at.

Brent Yaron
Hooked Up Pulling Productions
hookeduppullingproductions@gmail.com

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 09, 2021 11:09AM
C'mon, Jonesy, tell us how long you have waited to receive each of your NTPA checks?
Bet you get your IPL / PPL check before you leave their event? That is what OSTPA does.

I know of one NTPA announcer that is not happy about having to wait weeks for his checks, just like the pullers.

Greg k in a different thread stated it correctly: "That is no way to do business. NTPA has become a laughing stock of management ineptness."
And I will add, right along with other internal issues.

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 09, 2021 08:59PM
3 weeks. I have customers that pay on 90 days, 30 days is the norm. After last years crap, glad to just be pulling normal again, and if they want to pay monthly on the prize money, fine with me. If you need the prize money to get home, you shouldn't be doing it!

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 08:01PM
jonesy
3 weeks. I have customers that pay on 90 days, 30 days is the norm. After last years crap, glad to just be pulling normal again, and if they want to pay monthly on the prize money, fine with me. If you need the prize money to get home, you shouldn't be doing it!

I am not a member of NTPA but I agree with that. Who is going to cash a check on your way home late at night?

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 03:57AM
N Ron
Is the NTPA really out of money, is it true that the pullers are having to wait for their checks?
What does it pay to win one of the NTPA classes?

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 07:09AM
The NTPA are now paying purse checks via mail after the event is concluded. For example my Bowling Green (8/19 & 8/21/21) and Greenville-RN (8/24/21) check was printed on 8/30/21 and mailed out 8/31/21. We have never once not been paid by NTPA in over 30 years. Earlier this season it did take a few weeks to get our checks from the office as the system was new and some issues did delay the process.
Did you also know this is how PPL does it? As long as we have been running the PPL Champions tour our checks have always came in the mail following the event. Some of them are combined as well if the events are close together in regards to the calendar and they are also on the road like the NTPA staff.

As far as the NTPA purses they can all be found in the back of the rulebook for RN/PN/GN/SN. Been posted there for years. The year end points fund gets sent to the pre-committed competitors before the season starts and gets posted in the puller magazine as well. In regards to PPL purse and points payout; I have always received that in my packet with our membership. We know exactly what each pull is paying before we leave the driveway. It's not a secret, and no one forces us to go except ourselves when we sign up to run a series.

I don't like posting on message boards because tone can not be conveyed and things get taken out of context very easily. So I'll say this; Pulling is a great sport with great people involved. Those people all work hard to afford to be able to do this and the people who promote and sanction and work for those entities work just as hard.
ALL organizations have their positives and negatives. Hell I have a detailed list. But it comes down to personal choice. We are fortunate enough to proudly pull with both sanctioning bodies of NTPA and PPL. Both organizations sanction a lot of events that do good things beyond the scope of our "pulling bubble" that many get caught up in. I hope both organizations continue to get better and pullers continue to support the sport as a whole and go pulling every chance they can.

Jessie Petro

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 09:21AM
Jesse--I am a pulling fan and I don't know you personally but have enjoyed watching your family pull for many years. Thank you for a very positive post to set the record straight. The negativity on this board has been pretty sad lately. Nobody lives in a perfect world from a business, family, and recreational perspective yet we can always find positive aspects of life. Not bashing and I love this board but my suggestion to the Morgan's is to do more to promote the positive side of pulling rather than the imperfections.

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 11:44AM
Larry
Jesse--I am a pulling fan and I don't know you personally but have enjoyed watching your family pull for many years. Thank you for a very positive post to set the record straight. The negativity on this board has been pretty sad lately. Nobody lives in a perfect world from a business, family, and recreational perspective yet we can always find positive aspects of life. Not bashing and I love this board but my suggestion to the Morgan's is to do more to promote the positive side of pulling rather than the imperfections.

I'm fairly new to this forum, and I'd say that's exactly what the Morgan's are doing, (promoting the sport), by putting and keeping this website up and running.
But there are also issues that need to be addressed, and if left to fester , grows into even bigger problems.
There will always be negativity, but airing opinions is sometimes the best thing.
I've lurked on this board a few years, I think, before I decided to join it, and I'm glad to see Jake took the initiative to start it years ago.
If you think this website is worth while, donate to it.......I'm considering doing just that , in the near future.

A BIG thank you to the Morgan's !

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 11, 2021 11:41AM
Jesse, that was a very articulate response. Greg

Re: Is the NTPA really out of money September 12, 2021 01:51AM
Jesse that is so perfect well said and go NTPA.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,613, Posts: 229,668, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,064, Posts: 225,889.

Our newest member JD_8520